Notices

Waterfront property

Old 11-28-2020, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 982 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
2nd tier usually means one row up or back from water front properties

Do those properties still have some waterfront access, just have to walk a few hundred extra feet to get there maybe?
Old 11-28-2020, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,251 Likes on 1,455 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Do those properties still have some waterfront access, just have to walk a few hundred extra feet to get there maybe?
Depending on the terrain 2nd tier could be high on a cliff or considerable distance from the water, others will chime in
Old 11-28-2020, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 477 Likes on 277 Posts

Some have an easement, some have community dock with a slip you purchase or lease, some have no water access, it just depends on the development. LOTO, is still small town Missouri. Not a lot here as far as professional sport, big college, or other large city venues. But, you are only 2 1/5 hours max from the Blues, Chiefs, Cardinals, Royals, Mizzou, MO State. A little further to Razorbacks, Hawkeyes, Cyclones Huskers. Kansas City, St Louis, Columbia, Springfield MO, Branson and Joplin are all just a day trip away.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 824 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Here is a picture of my home @ LOTO . My taxes for 2020 are $2200. We are 2nd tier, and my house is worth about 600K (3200 sq ft w/ 32 x 40 attached garage)

Our old house was on the water in Porto Cima https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...18021221_zpid/ The taxes when we sold it 4 years ago were $4000

Here is the kicker about LOTO. Our market is flat out on fire. Current listing time to sale is 72 hours w/multiple offers. Who knows what the election is going to change things but for right now, it is a sellers market. That being said, you still get WAY more house for the money than most places in the states. And... well, our lake certainly is a Mecca for Performance boating! I may be prejudiced, but in my opinion, it doesn't get any better.

Inside looking out:
Good on you for designing a more modern house on the outside. My wife and I are in the beginning stages of designing a modern house - it's shocking to me how traditional my area is considering we are on the water. Looks great!!
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (11-29-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 461 Posts

if this one is still available in may or june here in MD its on my short list, just under 5 mil and property taxes are about 22k a year

The following 5 users liked this post by offshoredrillin:
Cash Bar (11-29-2020), Griff (11-28-2020), KNOT-RIGHT (11-30-2020), Smarty (11-29-2020), underpsi68 (11-28-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 498 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Randy, your exactly right about NJ property tax. I just sold my house, I'm going from 4br, 3bath ($10,000.00 in prop tax) To a 2br 1 bath. Both on water, however the smaller house is "only" $6,500 yr for taxes.

Think about it’s sad day when you’re happy with paying $6500.00 a year in taxes.Then you see what Bajaholic is paying a year in taxes for that beautiful home,only a few more years for me and NJ then I’m out of here.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

LOTO, have owned since 1996 3000sqf taxes 3400

The following 7 users liked this post by later:
bajaholic (11-28-2020), dykstra (11-28-2020), Griff (11-29-2020), ICDEDPPL (11-29-2020), offshoredrillin (11-28-2020), Perfect Storm (11-28-2020), Smarty (11-29-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 338 Likes on 133 Posts

Ahhh, My house isn't for sale, but I would be happy to build one for you! We are building/promoting contemporary homes in the area. At first we were pretty outside the box, but in the last couple of years people have started to appreciate the contemporary style and it is growing. My FB Page is LOTO Contemporary Homes if you want to check it out or join in with ideas. Yes it is on Dude Ranch, Stop and say Hi, next time you cruise through.

2nd tier means as stated there is another house(s) underneath ours on the water. LOTO is basically a cliff everywhere so the terrain is easy to have a full view without really even looking at the houses below you. In our case I also own a lot behind our home so I have water access if I want to put in a dock. We are also have a number of marinas close so that too is an option.

Thanks for the compliments. We actually enjoy being 2nd tier, our view in this house is WAY better than when we were on the water in Porto Cima for substantially less cost. and.... We also have a flat driveway going into our home. (This is a big deal at the lake if you see some of the waterfront homes!)

I truly feel LOTO is the best place to own and have a boating habit. We have the best average of places I have found. Centrally located in the US, decent weather 9 months of the year, resort atmosphere (everyone is from somewhere else so you can play the tax/registration game) and an area that is growing. Plus for those that are Political, we are 94% Red in the last election. Then throw in the cost of living... It works out well.
The following 3 users liked this post by bajaholic:
ICDEDPPL (11-29-2020), Knot 4 Me (11-29-2020), Mentalpause (11-30-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 450 Likes on 269 Posts

I'm a couple years away from retirement but thinking more and more each day.

How is the water level on LOTO? Does it get low like other places that you can't use your boat?

And the opposite, do the low laying houses get flooded?

How is the water quality?
Old 11-28-2020, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 338 Likes on 133 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by underpsi68
I'm a couple years away from retirement but thinking more and more each day.

How is the water level on LOTO? Does it get low like other places that you can't use your boat?

And the opposite, do the low laying houses get flooded?

How is the water quality?
LOTO is 100+ miles long with almost 2k miles of Frontage. It has everything. (Literally) from totally developed areas to Banjo playing Hillbilly's in a back woods feel. The main channel areas have DEEP water, and this extends into most of the coves. (example: our old dock at the 17,5mm was a 45' dock, was 36' deep at the end of the dock. This is the normal in that area) From spring to early winter the water depth is VERY good in all areas. In the winter during to draw down, some areas are shallow. depends on the areas and depth of the coves they are located in. (They drop the water level 6-8' generally during the winter) This is when people who need to do maintenance to their sea walls etc take advantage of the draw down. Spring floods, AMEREN is the controller of the water depth/elevation (Power company) and works VERY hard to keep the water level as consistent as possible according to their schedule. It can flood in some areas, but rarely will it take over a structure because you are not allowed to build below a specified level.

LOTO is the cash cow for the state. It is governed by Ameren as stated and they know how to keep and make money. Thus we are spoiled at LOTO, they take very good care of us.

Quality, it is a river backed up by numerous dams throughout the region/state. Generally it is good. But if you are expecting crystal clear water, we are not that. Especially in party cove!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.