Notices

2020 vs 2021?

Old 01-06-2021, 04:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
What is being reported going on in DC right now isn't good.
Yeah, and right away I dont even believe some of the media. The protestors breaking windows and breaking in on buildings in some of the footage had skinny jeans and man buns... Hate to be a conspiracy theorist but if it looks like a duck... The interweb is going nuts with pictures of protestors from Antifa riots that were there today. I dont even know why I pull up news anymore, it annoys me. SMH.

FWIW, I had two friends there today and one of them is just getting on a bus to come back and swears it was peaceful, he sent me videos of a thousand people singing the star-spangled banner. So who knows wtf went on up there.
The following 4 users liked this post by Keith Atlanta:
87MirageIntruder (01-06-2021), Dean Ferry (01-11-2021), hoodoo (01-06-2021), IGetWet (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
My inlaws are MSNBC watching Democraps that eat that fear mongering up daily.
silver lining with Covid is I didn`t have to see those idiots at any holiday this year.
It`s been quite wonderful.

Lol... Covid does it’s place. 😂
The following users liked this post:
jtbooten (01-07-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Yeah, and right away I dont even believe some of the media. The protestors breaking windows and breaking in on buildings in some of the footage had skinny jeans and man buns... Hate to be a conspiracy theorist but if it looks like a duck... The interweb is going nuts with pictures of protestors from Antifa riots that were there today. I dont even know why I pull up news anymore, it annoys me. SMH.

FWIW, I had two friends there today and one of them is just getting on a bus to come back and swears it was peaceful, he sent me videos of a thousand people singing the star-spangled banner. So who knows wtf went on up there.
My wife and I were thinking same thing! Strange how the “riot police” just let them in smh
Old 01-11-2021, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Just wondering what the general consensus is. I’d truly like to be optimistic that 21 will be a better year but I can’t honestly foresee it. Others please share your thoughts.
Well, for one, Democrats are as serious as a heart attack about pushing The Green New Deal. It alone will hurt people in the boating community beyond comprehension. Ever read the document? It will scare the hell out of you because it will make us all live in California looking states where fuel prices are through the roof and scheduled electrical blackouts are the norm. If you’ve been drinking the cool-aid and actually believe this climate change crap then you are probably happy to pay the price. If you’ve been researching the issue, then you know what all this is REALLY about. Can you say – The Transformation of America And Ultimate Control? So, 2021 will not be better than 2020.
The following users liked this post:
Dean Ferry (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 11:45 AM
Registered

Looks like we mutually agree on some things. And yes, years ago one could easily do a little research and track the Co2 levels through the ice cores taken and tested by a number of scientists around the world. I would not trust for a second what is out there for all to see as of recent. I've always agreed and is pretty easy to see it's all about an agenda. Just like President George Bush Sr talked about NWO
"and it will happen". Came out of his mouth many times.

See what transpires the next 9 days. Either way I see it as life changing for us all but pray for the best. Some very scary and strange times ahead.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

B*tch better not try to ban powerboating in Michigan again ....
The following 2 users liked this post by thirdchildhood:
Gimme Fuel (01-11-2021), Ryanw10 (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I've read this too - but my gut says we're in for much less ROI's. I hope I'm wrong.

As far as 20 vs 21 boating goes, we had a great season with few rain showers; I hope 21 is just as good - no real reason it can't be.
We also had a record breaking group at our poker run, which we feel very fortunate about.

Originally Posted by 1960brookwood
The S&P is up 13.2% 4'th quarter and 18.4% for the year. In the latest poll of people with 1m in investible assets 70% are predicting a positive to strong market return for 2021. Demand for consumer goods remains high and real estate prices are predicted to rise another 6% with not enough inventory to meet demand. Interest rates will likely remain low for quite some time fueling the above predictions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/21/cnbc...s-in-2021.html

As vaccines become more widely available I expect to see vaccination passports be required in certain situations.

It will all break down to your situation IMHO. Those of us on solid ground will be fine but the people living hand to mouth are seriously screwed--And as with everything lately I think your thought pattern will vary with political affiliation.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
I've read this too - but my gut says we're in for much less ROI's. I hope I'm wrong.

As far as 20 vs 21 boating goes, we had a great season with few rain showers; I hope 21 is just as good - no real reason it can't be.
We also had a record breaking group at our poker run, which we feel very fortunate about.

I was so jealous but happy for all the boating community in 2020. What a great year economically and weather was near perfect here. Working to much and project on hold slightly I figured I'd wait and come out in 2021 and get the boat on the water as planned long ago. With a business in transition of a sale now nearing (3 years in the workings) I can finally be free.

I at least had the enjoyment of hearing the rumbling of the boats on lake MI and Portage from our deck. 2021 is my turn to join in. I can only take the sidelines and an occasional ride for so long.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The worst

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Just wondering what the general consensus is. I’d truly like to be optimistic that 21 will be a better year but I can’t honestly foresee it. Others please share your thoughts.
I'm 55 years old and I can tell you what's the worst that can happen. Interest rates will go up oh, that means home prices will drop, boat prices will drop because that's a toy, camper prices will drop, new pool install prices will drop, unless you have the cash money to pay for it cash, all these items are going to go down. Why? Because people can't afford that to $300,000 house when interest rates are 12 to 19%. People lose their jobs, want out of their homes and will drop the price to get out, sometimes waking away with a small loan assuming a loss! People can't afford that 60 $70,000 boat when interest rates are that high as well and Banks do not want to loan out on toys. So yes you can get your dream boat cheaper but you better have cash and you won't part with your cash due to how bad things get. You're thinking that's absurd interest rates could never be that high. Wrong!Biden already advised he's raising taxes and will do so with interest rates. The wealthy elites love this time, they pick up cheap times and foreclosed homes too late or sell them when the market gets back on its feet. Rentals will go up and the elites will rent them. I remembered in the 80s when home mortgages had assumable mortgage rates because the interest rates were so high and if you can get an assumable mortgage on the house that you like that was in around 9% you were doing great! All that was during the Carter Administration, look it up.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 1,286 Likes on 474 Posts

Back to the wet blanket economy of 08-15 or worse depending on how giddy they get. The committee chairman’s will be the first clue.
Interest rates won’t the problem though, the federal government can’t service the debt without low rates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.