Tuning Mercury verado 400

Old 02-24-2021, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^ ??? Whaat?? ^^^
Old 02-24-2021, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, i tried speech to text in my truck. i fixed it.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Stock is best!
Old 02-25-2021, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by baldo
why are they so harsh on boats but cars do it everyday?
In the end, it all boils down to the EPA and the Clean Water Act.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I think it most likely is more of a IF. Try and get warranty and you are screwed, will a shop turn you in if you are paying them? Maybe, maybe not. What incentive do they have.
They don’t have to turn you in. If we connect our CDS laptop to an engine for diagnostics, it downloads the information and uploads it to Mercury. It’s out of our control.

No one ever reads the fine print.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwademarine
They don’t have to turn you in. If we connect our CDS laptop to an engine for diagnostics, it downloads the information and uploads it to Mercury. It’s out of our control.

No one ever reads the fine print.
Well now that sucks. Crazy they do that but most OEM's in the auto are tightening up. Does Mercury really go after individuals?
Old 02-25-2021, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwademarine
In the end, it all boils down to the EPA and the Clean Water Act.
There has to be more to the story. If it was only for Emissions then I would think that the aftermarket company's would not be allowed to reprogram mercury's inboards. But if you search online there are still a few companies advertising inboard ECM reprogramming and everything for Verado's has vanished.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:37 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 587 Posts

The auto industry has been trying to lock people out of the computers for a while now claiming its "proprietary" and the software belongs to them. GM has successfully done it so far on the new Vette...as far as i know no one has cracked the ecm on that yet so people are forced to resort to external engine controls to modify the car. And im sure more if coming down the pipeline with the rest of the cars/trucks. If there ever was a time to claim that high performance is dead....like i remember Hot Rod claiming back in the mid 80's when EFI started coming out, it just might be true this time!!
The only saving grace we have is that we have a right to fix our own stuff...so they cant fully lock us out.....but im sure what ever device you get to read the computer wont let you modify anything to change stuff like an HP Tuners etc.....
I think if this keeps going then high performance modding will start falling behind until the computer system architecture is replaced with newer stuff and then the car/truck makers will let people access the old stuff...but your probably looking at 5-10 years between changes im guessing...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-25-2021, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
The auto industry has been trying to lock people out of the computers for a while now claiming its "proprietary" and the software belongs to them. GM has successfully done it so far on the new Vette...as far as i know no one has cracked the ecm on that yet so people are forced to resort to external engine controls to modify the car. And im sure more if coming down the pipeline with the rest of the cars/trucks. If there ever was a time to claim that high performance is dead....like i remember Hot Rod claiming back in the mid 80's when EFI started coming out, it just might be true this time!!
The only saving grace we have is that we have a right to fix our own stuff...so they cant fully lock us out.....but im sure what ever device you get to read the computer wont let you modify anything to change stuff like an HP Tuners etc.....
I think if this keeps going then high performance modding will start falling behind until the computer system architecture is replaced with newer stuff and then the car/truck makers will let people access the old stuff...but your probably looking at 5-10 years between changes im guessing...
I agree that they are trying their hardest! finally getting stuff out of factory with good hp now! All of the big power cars are using Motech. I should of bit the bullet on 450r from factory.

Last edited by baldo; 02-25-2021 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 534 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by baldo
I agree that they are trying their hardest! finally getting stuff out of factory with good hp now! All of the big power cars are using Motech. I should of bought the bullet on 450r from factory.
Well, sell the 400 if you do have them and upgrade to the 450. We'll help ya spend your money.
IMO, there probably is a low demand for any tuning on these engines yet for most people. As it seems nearly everyone who buys them are opting for the extended warranty anyways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.