Notices

Boat Market is INSANE!

Old 04-22-2021, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

judging from the last 2 years in the swap shop and on facebook, all the used boats have been parted out, thus a shortage driving prices up,,,,,

The following users liked this post:
tommymonza (07-08-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Every market is price gouging, trying to create inflation to a point, that us poor folk will fall in line with a social credit system foe the powers that be.
(“if this post sounds lame...sorry, just trying to reach enough status post to post pictures”)
Old 04-22-2021, 08:26 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Have a 99 Active thunder 37 id sell and a 91 311 formula id sell. probably part out if not.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I would offer a (bill farmer) pre fountain..excalibur 33. It was de powered last fall for another project I am working on. Would need engines and drives & trim tab indicators were all that was removed. Boat ran great, dry
Overall it’s in good shape. Have a fountain road master trailer for it.

Or a 38’ Chris craft Corinthian. You move it. LOL.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 350 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Two months ago I wanted to order 2 new Yellow 300HP Sea Doo's from my dealer on Lake Cumberland. They only had one left - and may not get another one for the entire year. Sold out in February. Insane. . At least we got one of what we wanted.

I was going to have my 14 year old 29 Advantage X-Flight totally refurbished - but my friend who was going to do the work is just slammed with new boat orders and he doesn't know when he can get to it. . So I'm having the boat shipped out to Advantage where they say used X-Flights are bringing insane money. If they get a good price for it like they say they can then I am going to let them sell it and have a new boat instead of doing the refurb. They usually have a showroom full of used boats to sell but this year they have like 1 boat. They've never seen anything like the demand for used boats right now.
Update. The 2007 Advantage X-Flight that I considered selling back in 2017 for $65K just sold for $94K. They say I should get the new one around March. The used boat market really is insane.

The following 2 users liked this post by Marginmn:
BIGSLOW (07-08-2021), rak rua (07-08-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

WOW! Congrats...this whole market / economy makes absolutely no sense.
Marginmn (07-08-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 506 Likes on 279 Posts

The crash will be epic!
But I have no clue as to when it will occur, I predicted the local housing market to pull back a bit before COVID, because it was going nuts.
Boy was I wrong!
Old 07-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by resurrected
The crash will be epic!
But I have no clue as to when it will occur, I predicted the local housing market to pull back a bit before COVID, because it was going nuts.
Boy was I wrong!
Some around here say the housing will take a couple years but unlike 08 crash the homes are being bought with CASH, or like 50% down. I can not see people walking away from homes with that much skin in the game.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

I was told the other day that anybody and everybody who was behind on house payments was getting extensions and minimal pressure (if any) to make payments, but those extensions keep adding up (cannot be put on the back-end with mortgages), and very soon will be required to be paid in full, one lump sum - thats gonna be a big wakeup call and a lot of foreclosures hitting the market at the same time.
Keith Atlanta (07-08-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 299 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
I was told the other day that anybody and everybody who was behind on house payments was getting extensions and minimal pressure (if any) to make payments, but those extensions keep adding up (cannot be put on the back-end with mortgages), and very soon will be required to be paid in full, one lump sum - thats gonna be a big wakeup call and a lot of foreclosures hitting the market at the same time.
Your logic makes sense, however most of the people who took advantage of the mortgage relief stimulus still have plenty of equity in their homes in this market, so if they are facing large fees to catch up, all they have to do is sell their house and will probably still walk away ahead. I doubt there will be a flood of foreclosures. Once demand slows, that’s when the tides will turn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.