Notices

Sarasota or Ft. Myers

Old 05-23-2021, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sarasota or Ft. Myers

Long time member here but haven't posted in quite a while. I own the 'bicycle' if that tells you older members who I am. I'm looking to move to Florida in about 45/60 days. I'm torn between Sarasota and Fort Myers. I have done nothing but commercial construction for the last 29 years. Half of it was publicly funded money's, half of it was private money. Recently divorced.

Which area do I go to and why?
The following 2 users liked this post by RebarBox:
offshoredrillin (05-23-2021), OldSchool (05-25-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts

What is your main priority?....finding work or boating life style?
Old 05-25-2021, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tiki Joe
What is your main priority?....finding work or boating life style?
Work and fun for the next ten years, Just fun after that.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 222 Likes on 105 Posts

May not be too far behind you. Wife and I are considering a move in the next few years. In Real Estate here in MO and have done a pretty fair amount of research and these areas are some of the fasted growing in the US. U can do some of your own research as well and the local Chambers of Commerce down there will and can assist. Given whats going on in numerous states politically, the policies of the wu-han and elimination of police funding the exodus is taking place with movement into southern states. Even here in the mid-west we're seeing the trends and buyers are coming far and wide. I see no reason for this not to continue especially in FLA who avoided the nonsense.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

If you haven't get on a plane and visit both, experience the traffic and sprawl, establish moneywise where you could live in relation to where you'll be spending your fun time and work.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 345 Likes on 116 Posts

Agree with the above comment. You're gonna need to come down and check it out because they are 2 different worlds. Great boating at both places...but probable better business opportunities in the Sarasota area. It's mostly just us old, retired phuckers in the Ft. Myers/Cape Coral area!

Craig
Dean Ferry (05-29-2021), [email protected] (05-30-2021), tommymonza (06-05-2021), Wildman_grafix (05-26-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
If you haven't get on a plane and visit both, experience the traffic and sprawl, establish moneywise where you could live in relation to where you'll be spending your fun time and work.
I've been to both. Experience the flipping crazy traffic. I'm just torn between the two. Sarasota although seems nice, seems a little landlocked. Fort myers, seems a little slower but has the potential. Again, I am not a residential type of builder. I am strictly commercial..
Old 05-25-2021, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I've been to both. Experience the flipping crazy traffic. I'm just torn between the two. Sarasota, although seems nice, seems a little landlocked. Fort myers, seems a little slower but has the potential. I am not a residential type of builder - I am strictly commercial.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 1,286 Likes on 474 Posts

Whatever you do, don’t get in a situation where you would have to be going north on I 75 between 3pm and 7pm 5-6 mi north/south of Sarasota. Not sure why, but it’s a parking lot daily.
Ive lived around here all my life but spend most of my days inland about 20 mi so my traffic is slack both ways. Sarasota has a nicer downtown and way better restaurants imo. Either place will be nearly 10* cooler in the summer if you can get on or near the water. Should find better prices and less traffic in the small towns between SRQ and FMY.
Osprey,Nokomis,Englewood, etc.

Of course there’s always Pine Island, LOL.
The following 2 users liked this post by hoodoo:
Smarty (05-27-2021), tommymonza (06-05-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by RebarBox
I've been to both. Experience the flipping crazy traffic. I'm just torn between the two. Sarasota, although seems nice, seems a little landlocked. Fort myers, seems a little slower but has the potential. I am not a residential type of builder - I am strictly commercial.
If you want commercial work the East coast brevard is nuts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.