Anybody been passed by JetSki? >

Anybody been passed by JetSki?

Notices

Anybody been passed by JetSki?

Old 07-12-2021, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skis are a hoot. Still have two Wave Blasters myself.
The following users liked this post:
Wally (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
Skis are a hoot. Still have two Wave Blasters myself.
Amateur.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:21 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
What does a 135 mph Waverunner cost? I realize that sounds like $$$$$ in upgrade(s), any idea of the cost to make a Waverunner go that fast/have one built by a mod-shop?
Their stage 3 kit that gets you over 88mph is $5k and i think thats you doing the work yourself....i bet to get it fully decked out to hit 100+ you would be looking at close to the same cost as the ski itself would be! Im sure they are changing rods/pistons.....head work...etc just like the bigboy boats do to get big HP

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My RXT-X's do 70ish before the governor kicks in. I agree with the poster said it will only do that in absolute glass. As soon as there's even the smallest "waves" (more like ripples), the grate is coming out of the water too often to get it going that fast and you're stuck at 62-65. If there's actual "waves" as in 1+ foot chop, I'm just launching off every wave, on and off the throttle, usually max of 40-45 and it's not exactly comfortable, even with the active suspension.

That said, they're an absolute blast. Not by any means a replacement for a boat, but great to have alongside them. A pair sits on floating docks next to my Cig on the lift and the Cat sits in the hangar waiting for poker runs.
The following 3 users liked this post by Thor39:
ICDEDPPL (07-13-2021), noli (07-12-2021), Smarty (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 383 Posts

Never been passed by one but there’s not many around on the lakes we boat on.

Yea they got a bad rap from being so loud back in the day but the real issue is operators not really knowing what they’re doing nowadays. Grew up on a 900ac lake that was “up north” for a lot of southerners. They show up and jump on them, let all the aunts and uncles run them etc. One of the biggest issues is the loss of steering when you let off the throttle. People freak out and of course release the throttle and have the handle bars cranked over but aren’t turning at all! Duh! My dad took me tubing on Sunday afternoon, which we should’ve known better being locals on the lake, and I ended up on top of a guy and his jet ski still in the tube because he was screwing around, got in front of us and couldn’t turn out of the way after letting go of the gas.

Dan has got it figured out from his pic! Once prices come down I’d love to find a pair.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Wonder if related to the Donzi guy ?

WEEEEEEEEEE!

I can’t stop laughing at this. Wonder how many broken ribs and ruptured guts?
Old 07-12-2021, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's too cold up here in the Canadian Pacific Ocean lol, don't see too many
Old 07-12-2021, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

There are no speed limits on Lake Washington. These skis go past my house at least at 100 MPH in the middle of the day. With gas on the lake at $5.24/gal. Their trips must be pretty short.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 4,727 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Any new ski max speed 65mph.
Gets there incredibly fast thou
Old 07-13-2021, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

I could not believe them running at Cocoa Beach races this year, they were going pretty good in ROUGH water, for like a 1/2 hour.

I bet there were some sore people the next day.

Originally Posted by Thor39
My RXT-X's do 70ish before the governor kicks in. I agree with the poster said it will only do that in absolute glass. As soon as there's even the smallest "waves" (more like ripples), the grate is coming out of the water too often to get it going that fast and you're stuck at 62-65. If there's actual "waves" as in 1+ foot chop, I'm just launching off every wave, on and off the throttle, usually max of 40-45 and it's not exactly comfortable, even with the active suspension.

That said, they're an absolute blast. Not by any means a replacement for a boat, but great to have alongside them. A pair sits on floating docks next to my Cig on the lift and the Cat sits in the hangar waiting for poker runs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.