Notices

Performance Cruisers

Old 11-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Hotrod 2.

I have a Baja 42 and it is great for my wife and I but I don't think it would fly for a weekend with 3 kids. Same with the Black Thunders.

Fountain is making a New 47 sport cruiser with a nice layout. On top. I have not seen one in person.

You will need to step up to a Formula, Sunseeker or Cary.

Happy shopping!

Steve
Old 11-22-2002, 01:22 PM
AC
Registered

Fountain 38 or 48 Express Cruiser. They will cruise at 50 all-day and top out between 60 to 73 mph depending on power. You have speed and comfort.

AC
Old 11-22-2002, 06:28 PM

You can also get a Donzi 38ZX with the same set up, AC TV DVD Geny, Shower 7ft head room galley and all the comforts of a big Cruiser with the true Performance of an Offshore Powerboat 75-90mph debending on powerplants. The 39 shown on my last post has all the whistles and bells geny with AC central vac system, Flat Screen tv with dvd and a second tv in the sleeping quarters with a vcr.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:06 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

trust me check out a suneeker. It sowrth takign a look. They are a top quality boat. YOu will eb lookign on eth smaller end of thier range. They are really a yacht biulder that make smaller boat instead of a perforamnce biulder expanding into larger hulls. Th interior finish work is top notch and the performance is pretty good depending on the configuration you choose. FYI don shead the had designer for sunseker is a very accomplished racer in europe an dthey do actually sell a little hot rod calle dthe XS2000 it has buzzi surface drives an twin 420 yanmar diesels. She will run 80 all day. From what i keep hearing they are all the rage in the mediteranian. They are used as "tenders" for the mega yachts.

drop me a line [email protected] if your in the northeast i might know of some things that might interest you.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:41 PM
Registered

Default Re: Performance Cruisers

Checkout my 45' Excalibur, built by wellcraft. It will run 50+ mph all day long, passing all your friends. 2 staterooms, sleeps 6. Awesome....

Asking $229,000

I have attached a flyer for your review. If you can't open it send me an email and I'll send the file directly to you.

Or call me at my office 800-421-7310 or [email protected]

You've gotta see this fast and kick butt boat.

Twin 502's, Bravo III drives, Gen/air/heat, vacumm flush, loaded. Only 266 hours

Thanks Rocky Heinrich, Tulsa Oklahoma
Old 11-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Registered

If you can find a 2000 or newer 40+Sunseeker for less than $300,000 that would be worth looking at. I do not think you are going to find one. If that is the direction you want to go, you might also look at the Fairline 43 Targa. I like its layout better than the Sunseeker

The 38 Fountain has a very small cabin and would most likely not fit the bill for your 3 kids. The larger version would be the one to look at, but it is big bucks.

One thing to consider is privacy. The performance cruisers like the 400 SS do not typically have a separate state room.

Cobalt makes a real nice boat called the 360 that is very similar to the Formula 400 SS.

Regal makes a nice cruiser, the 3860 that has two state rooms and comes with 3 TV's and two heads. It is also fairly fast for a cruiser. With 496 HO's (420 HP) the boat will run in the low 40's. These can also be acquired new for less than $250,000.

You have lots of options..........and looking is a lot of fun.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

there is a 38 fountain on boattrader asking 199,000... after seeing it at ft lauderdale its awsome nicer cheaper and faster than formulas 40ss.. the cabin is not small just compartmentalized... TWO staterooms, head shower and galley in a 38fter
Old 11-25-2003, 06:22 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I like the Fountain because it is divided up into two staterooms, With three children the Donzi is out, the 2nd berth will only sleep 1. It is the nicest of all of them though.

The formula is probibly the best allarround though space, sleeping capacity and decent performance.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:37 AM
Registered

WOW! That 50-foot Cary is awesome. However, I can't afford to fill up the (700 gallon) gas tank!

With a 14.5-foot beam, the Cary will be VERY roomy.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Registered

I too am struggling with the performance cruiser thing. Currently have Baja 38 Special with 496HO,s and it is a great boat until we go away for the weekend as it becomes crowded and sucks for entertaining. I have two teenagers(that take friends often) and we also enjoy doing some of the regional Poker Runs that if you can cruise 50-55, then you can still have a good time and usually won't be the last one to the dock. Due to length restrictions we are looking in the 40-45 foot range and have looked at Baja, Black Thunder, Sonic, NorTech, Donzi, Formula, Excalibur, Fountain. If Fountain built a 42-44 SC that would probably be the best choice but they do not build it. The 38 is too small and the 47 too big. Unfortunately, the Baja, Black Thunder, Sonic, Nortech all suffer from the lack of ease for entry. I am trying to get away from people constantly climbing all over the interior to get into the boat ( and the wife is constantly griping about how hard it is to get in and out of). The 400ss appears to be a good all around choice but i am struggling with the dash layout, speed concerns and there are so many on the market for a relatively new boat. I was looking at one with 500HP's and the owner was bragging about almost 55 at WOT. This is definitely too slow and I would be miserable if that is all it can do. Does someone have an accurate (GPS reading) for the 400ss with 500 HP's. Also any Pros/Cons from current owners?

Quick Reply: Performance Cruisers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.