Old 09-12-2021, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 563 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by H20 Toie
No one here today
bar closes at 6

guess the party is over
On Sunday morning everyone heads out and it turns into a ghost town compared to the previous days. It's a great dey to get out and ride on the water though, if you aren't pressed for time getting back home.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bencini231
We like staying in the cottages at Lake Cumberland State Resort Park. It's right up the hill from State Dock and they will give you a ride down to the marina. It's actually cheaper to stay in the cottages than getting a room at the lodge or at Jamestown, also you have way more room in them. You will have no problem getting a slip at either one you choose.
I think I found were to reserve a room here I think?....... https://guestrez.megasyshms.com/SLDF...te-resort-park

Did they have a spot to put your trailer or does the \state park dock have spots?

Appreciate the help
Old 09-12-2021, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 199 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Awash
I think I found were to reserve a room here I think?....... https://guestrez.megasyshms.com/SLDF...te-resort-park

Did they have a spot to put your trailer or does the \state park dock have spots?

Appreciate the help
I just typed out everything you need and it screwed up. Give me a half hour but Lure Lodge is where you want to stay.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:33 PM
Registered

Here’s my trying to put it all in one post tips for Cumberland.

State Dock is right on the time zone change. Your phone will be flipping back and forth all weekend. I wear a watch and just stick with eastern time and don’t pay attention to my phone. A lot of the lake has no service. State Dock added WiFi going out the dock this year which was nice but I’ll never tell my girlfriend because then I would lose the “sorry didn’t see your text you sent yesterday until now” excuse.

Stay at state dock or they have rooms at Lure Lodge which is walkable if you are ambitious. They have a shuttle that runs all weekend to the lodge, state dock, the ramp, etc. Save the shuttle number in your phone. It is (270) 566-4869. A couple bucks in tips goes a long way. Docks in the past were pretty much a free for all. This year they said they were trying to crack down and make sure whoever was there was in the poker run. The shuttle does usually stop running before the party stops though. FYI.

I like to get in Wednesday afternoon and just get everything set. Thursday is a good day to run around a little bit and we usually go to the falls which is about 15 miles if I remember right. Thursday evening is the warm up on the barge party.

Friday and Saturday you can do the run or not. I think it’s kind of boring, no scenery changes just rocks and trees the whole time. Should go do some of the farther stops if you’ve never been there just to see how big the lake is. Make sure you save time to go to Harmon creek though. It’s the party cove you see in the pictures. A center console is perfect for it. It’s only about 3-4 miles from state dock. It is the roughest between state and Harmon. Try to be back by 6 or so to state dock to get a dock though. They do check for wristbands to get onto the finger with the barge party. Wristbands I think were $60 a person this year. Friday and Saturday nights go pretty hard on the barge usually. This year I heard water patrol made the party stop at 1 on Saturday, not sure why that was. Bring your drinks in a cooler and go hard. They usually don’t mess with people for alcohol, I usually try to put them in solo cups but just left everything in cans this year and had no issues. The barge party isn’t like any other ones I’ve seen at other runs. The equipment that gets brought in is truly concert grade. I go down with the group that brings it, if anyone remembers 6-8 years ago when the lighting on it was all out it was because the light board got rained on. It was a board that was borrowed from Jeff Dunham because his tour had nothing that week. I think last year there was 24k lbs in stuff, this year was more than double because of the concert.

They do sell beer on the docks now. So if you run out it’s a lot better than years ago. Obviously there is a luxury tax on everything you would buy there. Ohio guys or people coming from the north- my stop is always in Lexington at the Meijer off Man O War blvd. Go right at the exit and buy all the food and beer and they have a liquor store attached. The parking lot is huge. Costco has a gas station across the highway. Food wise if you want to just restaurant it, the marinas all have restaurants, stare dock included and Lure Lodge has a decent restaurant with a great view of the lake you have to check out. Their catfish in the buffet is killer. They don’t always have it but are surprisingly very accommodating and I’ve asked and they’ve added it to the buffet while we were there.

Water patrol has really been cracking down in recent years especially on dui’s. If you leave state dock after dark you are probably getting stopped. It’s kind of crazy watching the mouth of the cove and seeing 6-8 what look like fishing boats just sitting there and watching the blue lights come on as they swarm anyone leaving like they are piranhas. On the docks up until this year I’ve always used red solo cups and never had any hassle. This year I didn’t bring any so my beers were just out of the can and no problems.

So like I said, the run is ok but this one is known for the party. Don’t skip Harmon Creek, stay at state dock and check out the party there.

I know I forgot some of the things I had when my stuff deleted. Ask away if you have any questions.

Bottoms up with one of my best friends who DJ’s half of it, and don’t forget you are in the Bible Belt. Our houseboat had two bibles on it this year. I’ll see if I can find some more pictures of the barge party from someone. I didn’t take any this year.

Last edited by tmmii; 09-12-2021 at 08:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tmmii:
Griff (09-12-2021), underpsi68 (09-13-2021)
Old 09-12-2021, 08:40 PM
Registered

These are from 2019 I found on my phone but kind of gives an idea of the sound equipment.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 5,043 Likes on 1,422 Posts

Good meeting you Dan .
The following 5 users liked this post by ICDEDPPL:
dykstra (09-15-2021), Gimme Fuel (09-13-2021), Marginmn (09-14-2021), thisistank (09-12-2021), tmmii (09-12-2021)
Old 09-12-2021, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 5,043 Likes on 1,422 Posts

TMMII,
I`ll add,
The steepest launch I`ve ever been on at Jamestown. I thought no way I`ll make it out with my 16,500# battleship. That front hook.. man Cig made that thing very well. Surprised it didn`t rip out of the boat .
Don`t wash your truck, my RED truck was gravel WHITE after sitting in the lot .
That "dinner" was no good. Ate at a food truck
No food at state dock the 2 times we went .. pizza only .. huh!?
About 20 cops sitting waiting after Harmon creek tie up pulling over everyone they can get to including me.
Water does not get washing machine like LOTO. Not too many places to go.
I didn`t find any other marinas with restaurants but we didn`t explore that much.
The turns and winding tight chanells are cool .
Bring more than 50' of rope .
It`s like 100+ feet of depth pretty much everywhere
The following users liked this post:
PigNaPoke (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks ICD and tmm much appreciated! Sounds like what the state cops did at party cove and shut that down
Old 09-13-2021, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 534 Likes on 317 Posts

I`ll add,
The steepest launch I`ve ever been on at Jamestown. I thought no way I`ll make it out with my 16,500# battleship. That front hook.. man Cig made that thing very well. Surprised it didn`t rip out of the boat . Yep nearly all the ramps on the lake are pretty much crazy steep in comparison to other places.
Don`t wash your truck, my RED truck was gravel WHITE after sitting in the lot . I never park there, so.
That "dinner" was no good. Ate at a food truck
No food at state dock the 2 times we went .. pizza only .. huh!? WTF, who knows what that's all about.
About 20 cops sitting waiting after Harmon creek tie up pulling over everyone they can get to including me. This event is their "cage shoot"! Looking for easy pickings!
On a laid back weekend you probably
couldn't find one if you needed one. Likewise you could be back in a off beat cove during this weekend, run your boat ashore at 80 mph and not be found until someone else wandered back there.

Water does not get washing machine like LOTO. Not too many places to go. Nothing like LOTO, as far as bars and whatnot.
I didn`t find any other marinas with restaurants but we didn`t explore that much. Most have small cafes, but we never really eat at any of them.
The turns and winding tight chanells are cool . Exactly
Bring more than 50' of rope .
It`s like 100+ feet of depth pretty much everywhere Yep, except way way back into the channels

ICDEDPPL (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Wasn't impressed this year - the cancellation of Jamey Johnson is a little sketchy - not sure if they had him under contract or not.
The hardware is getting less and less. I didn't see it mentioned but the Friday pizza run is typically a good turnout, but it's generally not advertised.
We were at the Falls on Thursday, Harmon on Friday, then at Falls on Saturday. Harmon is just too much of a $hitshow for a nice boat. If you haven't travelled through the gauntlet, you need to do it once! lol
jmoore1225 (09-15-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.