Notices

Lake Cumberland

Old 09-14-2021, 07:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Elections

Not everyone that was ejected came out fine many still in the hospital with serious injurie just an update
Old 09-14-2021, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,213 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja 250es
Not everyone that was ejected came out fine many still in the hospital with serious injurie just an update
Baja,

By “OK”, I guess I meant “still with us”. From what I understand, it was quite the violent happening. I wasn’t there, but we were lashed up with somebody who was. They pointed out the boat they thought it was while we were in Harmon Creek.

Thanks. Brad.
Model Machine and Precision LLC
(937)545-8991
Old 09-14-2021, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
So I wonder what happens when they get you BUI, arrest and they take your boat in or how does that work? Not drinking anything is hard . Pretty sure there weren`t many people sober that day . I was having some stomach issues (probably hung over) and couldn`t keep anything down so I guess that was lucky for me.

Also I was on 500 dock, that`s a 10 minute walk to the bathrooms, electric scooter came in real handy!!
state is over a mile long from end to end. Place is crazy. Back before suntex took over it was mostly open container tickets written with a mandatory county appearance and $500 fine. Since they took over the dui’s have been written. For better or worse.

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
tmmii,

Your memory is undoubtedly better than mine. The first one I actually observed was 2008 or 2009. The wife and I went out on my dad’s boat (we didn’t own our own yet). My dad lived on the lake. We didn’t. My dad could have gotten some of the details wrong or my memory could have distorted them some.

A Hell of a lot of good it did, as far as noise, moving it from Jamestown to StateDock, though, huh? 😆

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
State was ok with it because of the money made lol.

Originally Posted by GETTINBYE
The former group-owners had it from somewhere between 1995 and 1999. Not exactly sure but when it first started I was in a 1995 boat that i had until we upgraded in 1999. The first years it was hosted out of Jamestown Marina. We moved to State Dock in late 2005 and at that point I am thinking the host venue moved to State Dock in and around that time + - a year. Shortly after that Bill and his constituents at State Dock got the rights to it and began running it from that point forward until they sold to Suntex.

Mark
they had it Through 2005 and state Dock bought it in 06. First year at state Dock was 2004.

Originally Posted by H20 Toie
Well this was my first time and it was fun but not likely that I would go again,
The lack of hotels remotely close to the venue is an issue. when you sign up you can get one room only, so ended up signing up for the poker run twice just to get two rooms, nearest hotels are like an hour away., I know most people get a house boat and now I know why, you have to take a shuttle to get from the rooms to the dock ( that is where everything happens ) and no way are most people are ever going to be able to hike up those hills to get to lodges.
Once you go there and have an idea what's going on I think its fine but for us the lack of information was pretty interesting. when we checked in they told us to go to Pumpkin creek lodge as opposed to the lure lodge where you check in, a map would have been nice but the explanation was its the original lodge just go there,. ( that helped a lot) after driving around for a bit we finally did find it, so after getting settled into the room we drive down to the dock. any parking remotely close to the dock is reserved so end up going back to the lodge and walking down one steep ass hill to get to the dock. just as we get there a shuttle bus drives up, ( Humm would have been nice to know about that) Shuttle drivers were all super nice. as was pretty much everyone, having the shuttle bus number is needed,
As you get to the dock there is a nice open air bar/restaurant and store,
The poker run itself was not really a run at all. over the two days you have 10 marinas you can go to and get your card punched, but they all seemed to be just that marinas not bars restaurants like Loto, One of the people I heard about was Skinny and he puts on a pizza lunch in a marina that is far end of the lake. ( that was a fun time and chance to check out the other boats) super nice guy,
Friday and sat night is the party on the dock. that was fun. but the only place to get drinks is back at the bar which closes at 10pm. but most people have houseboats so they have there own drinks.. place was rocking until after midnight and a lot of fun. People we met offered us drinks so we didn't go without but was still kind of strange that you couldn't get your own, also the shuttle stops running at midnight. so if you are not on a house boat you better leave early.
we stuck around on Sunday and the place was a ghost town, also shuttle stopped at 6pm, same time the restaurant and bar closed.
it was amazing how many trees and logs there are floating in the water. the tie up at Harmon creek is something to behold. since my boat didn't make it I was on a buddies 42 tiger with big blower motors and no way he was going got go thru that mess. it makes the channel in Havasu seem like a wide open throughfare, The amount of patrol boats around when leaving was unbelievable. it was literally an obstacle course to go thru them.
Am I happy I went? for sure. but now I feel like its a been there done that thing. I would haul the boat out to LOTO no questions asked. don't think I would even fly out to Cumberland to do the run again on someone else's boat. but still glad I went
Houseboats have gotten crazy. I started getting an admiral in 2012. 4 bedrooms, a couch, one shower and two toilets. First few years were just under $1,600. 400 a room and kept the couch open. Few years later we had a surcharge for the hot tub. Paid an extra 300 bucks and we didn’t even have a hot tub. Prices now are stupid. I love how they advertise the boats as sleep x amount of people and we get half of the number of wristbands for people to be on the dock.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tmmii
state is over a mile long from end to end. Place is crazy. Back before suntex took over it was mostly open container tickets written with a mandatory county appearance and $500 fine. Since they took over the dui’s have been written. For better or worse.

State was ok with it because of the money made lol.

they had it Through 2005 and state Dock bought it in 06. First year at state Dock was 2004.

Houseboats have gotten crazy. I started getting an admiral in 2012. 4 bedrooms, a couch, one shower and two toilets. First few years were just under $1,600. 400 a room and kept the couch open. Few years later we had a surcharge for the hot tub. Paid an extra 300 bucks and we didn’t even have a hot tub. Prices now are stupid. I love how they advertise the boats as sleep x amount of people and we get half of the number of wristbands for people to be on the dock.
tmmii,Just about the entire state used to be dry county. Now, a lot of it isn’t. Not sure of the timeline or if the counties involved changes, but that may have been the impetus for change in how DUIs were/are handled.

I was referring more to the people who were apparently complaining about the noise. Moving the event across the creek didn’t really solve that, I’m guessing. More funny than anything.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 09-14-2021, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
tmmii,Just about the entire state used to be dry county. Now, a lot of it isn’t. Not sure of the timeline or if the counties involved changes, but that may have been the impetus for change in how DUIs were/are handled.

I was referring more to the people who were apparently complaining about the noise. Moving the event across the creek didn’t really solve that, I’m guessing. More funny than anything.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
that could very well be a part of the dui changes. I always thought they picked up after jasper sold.

And the stereo usually can’t be heard that far away, the humidity on a lake sucks up so much sound. This year might have been different lol.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
If you still have the set up as when Samantha and I were there to buy the Fountain why would you ever want to move into a comfort cruiser? You had the best of every world then, one I have been working to achieve for the past few years. Once you are bitten by the Go Fast rumble bug,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You be stuck for life.

Ask John Force!
Hi Peter! Yes we still have the same set up overlooking the lake - even have a few improvements like a much bigger covered deck. Simple set-up but it suits us fine. We are just finishing up a 5 week stretch at the lake and are bummed we finally have to go back home this week. The "more comfort" I was speaking of might involve egg-beaters and a mere 75+ mph boat - but with little to no off-season drama getting it ready for the next season. . Thankfully that's still a ways off as it's still a thrill for me to buzz around on the tops of the waves in the Donzi. Was just wondering how it's working out for peeps who have made that transition from wild no mild. On those occasions when the Donzi goes down during the summer I feel naked being in a mere mortal that cannot shoot out an 80 foot rooster. Not ready to give up that rush forever.

Hope you guys are doing well. Still have your 35?
The following users liked this post:
dykstra (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 05:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tmmii
that could very well be a part of the dui changes. I always thought they picked up after jasper sold.

And the stereo usually can’t be heard that far away, the humidity on a lake sucks up so much sound. This year might have been different lol.
tmmii,

I wouldn’t think the lake patrol would care who owns the marina. Who is doing the arrests on the docks?

And, again, we’re not on the same page. When I think of PR noise, I always go to that ear candy coming from our boats. I’ve never been on the docks for the party, so I didn’t think about the music. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 09-15-2021, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

It's no longer a Poker Run, people are just there for the party. State Dock being corporate owned has caused it to go way down hill. 1st time I've ever saw houseboats not filling both sides of the row all the way down on the docks, much smaller crowd & way less boats around the docks & I've been going since around 2006. The greed & policing is on the verge of ruining it completely. Our group is possibly giving our boat up on the row that we have had 5-6yrs now.

The 4-5 big Marina's all have restaurants & available drinks, They are all just completely overwhelmed on this weekend.

Back when they had the shotgun start & Lake Cumberland Marine was the premier Go Fast boat dealer in the country were some wild times. All the big boys came in town & all those people back in Harmon lined the shores coming out of State Dock for 4-5 miles on the same route as the pizza run a lot did on Friday morning.

Dan, That was a nice lil Trot back from the damn Friday evening. I was wondering if anyone got pics or vids. Half my crew hid in the cuddy.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

We had a good time. Lots of good looking boats
The following users liked this post:
ICDEDPPL (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 4,974 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Dan, That was a nice lil Trot back from the damn Friday evening. I was wondering if anyone got pics or vids. Half my crew hid in the cuddy.
lol why they hiding in the cuddy?
It was a beautiful sunset , I did look over at Eric and thought I`m not letting that fountain get ahead of me.
Back at the dock I saw 90mph recall , I`m like oh crap we did go kinda fast .
Brittney got some pics:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.