Notices

Confused & confirm!

Old 10-07-2021, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank You Sir! It’s all legit. Read my replies. Obviously, “weakness” have followers on this site. And just to think someone suggested me to come to this site!! It’s a JOKE!! I’m just going to keep it reel. It’s individual’s that keep people from these , so called formative platforms. But I get it, life is GOOD.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

Good to hear from you BamBam.
I have two posts showing on here, first was supportive, then I lost interest and changed my mind. I truly hope you post pics of a new ride in the near future and prove me wrong. We all get things wrong occasionally but we all still love big nasty offshore powerboats. 🙂

If the boat is still very undecided, I’d go back to your thread about a Cigarette and Formula. Great boats, relatively easy to learn on and both fairly easy to sell if you outgrow it.

Happy shopping,

RR
Old 10-08-2021, 12:57 AM
Registered

Thank You, Brother! I really appreciate that, and I will look at what you suggested. I just want to live out my father’s Dream. When I was younger, my father and his partner had a year I fist got on a Offshore racer, I was 13yrs of age. He had an the exact year was current, 1977’ 38’ Scarab. It was absolutely gorgeous and fast! I always said “one day”. Well after my pop’s last October,, I said it’s time, now 58yrs. Fortunately I take of my self, so no one believes my age Lol. I am a adrenaline junkie, but not crazy and I truly understand my limits. Maybe just maybe 90-100mph, one year. So, after reading several post , that’s what I presumed, to get a larger boat, that was the only reason why I started this thread, to get a clear understanding which size and first Offshore. I wish you and your family all the best Brother, and please be safe! Hope one day we meet💯💯💯
Old 10-08-2021, 07:34 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

The reason you're catching flak from the forum is justified...sorry. These big boats (or any for that matter) with stupid horsepower are dangerous machines, some of the members of this forum have lost family members, and friends who were skilled and schooled and that have been in the sport for decades and still got stung. For a first timer to get in one is absurd.
The following 5 users liked this post by Indy:
Brad Zastrow (10-15-2021), hblair (10-12-2021), TomZ (10-10-2021), TrippM (10-08-2021), Wildman_grafix (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 877 Likes on 376 Posts

Does Tres also have a spelling and/or grammar class? Just curious
The following 6 users liked this post by IGetWet:
Griff (10-11-2021), Mentalpause (10-08-2021), offshoredrillin (10-08-2021), rak rua (10-08-2021), TrippM (10-08-2021), Wildman_grafix (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Does Tres also have a spelling and/or grammar class? Just curious
. Thank You, I’ll ask Mr. Martin
The following users liked this post:
resurrected (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
The reason you're catching flak from the forum is justified...sorry. These big boats (or any for that matter) with stupid horsepower are dangerous machines, some of the members of this forum have lost family members, and friends who were skilled and schooled and that have been in the sport for decades and still got stung. For a first timer to get in one is absurd.
Thank You Brother, and I am very sorry to hear such tragic loss. I agree about the dangerous side of it. Unfortunately, it’s not a toy, it’s real. I get it, there are definitely different ways, of conveying that to individuals. Not the BS, and quack response’s. Nothing positive, with that being said, I’m a grown man, not a child.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 801 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by BamBam2022
Thank You, Brother! I really appreciate that, and I will look at what you suggested. I just want to live out my father’s Dream. When I was younger, my father and his partner had a year I fist got on a Offshore racer, I was 13yrs of age. He had an the exact year was current, 1977’ 38’ Scarab. It was absolutely gorgeous and fast! I always said “one day”. Well after my pop’s last October,, I said it’s time, now 58yrs. Fortunately I take of my self, so no one believes my age Lol. I am a adrenaline junkie, but not crazy and I truly understand my limits. Maybe just maybe 90-100mph, one year. So, after reading several post , that’s what I presumed, to get a larger boat, that was the only reason why I started this thread, to get a clear understanding which size and first Offshore. I wish you and your family all the best Brother, and please be safe! Hope one day we meet💯💯💯
Sir, a lot has changed in the world of performance boating since your ride in a 1977 Scarab.

If you read old threads on this forum, there has been a lot of posers that made the exact claim as you had as the next big runner - not to offend but its the same old M.O.

Have you been in a 140f+ mph cat? You had never stated anything more than the experience in a flat bottom Scarab.... Most stepped V-Hulls are capable of over 100 easily with reliable horsepower. If you are not experienced with a stepped V-hull, you can easily spin out one of these hulls as readily as blowing over a cat - injuring or even killing everyone on board. As previously stated, many have lost close friends to these boats in accidents that were unforeseen and EXTREMELY violent. Quite literally, life jackets at the speed you are talking are only to bring closure to the surviving family members.

If you are serious about a cat, my $0.02 is to take the Tres course - or Grant's or JT for the cat's. Tell them straight up what your intentions are and your experience so they can work with you.

A very good boat for learning to properly run a big cat is the 24 Skater with OB's - that boat FORCES you learn the finesse of trim and throttle control,running through "the hop", handles most water conditions (raced APBA offshore/ and Great Lakes series for years) yet will make your A$$ pucker tight for days after when you are no longer running the boat to water conditions. Everything you are learning from seat time is on a modest budget and the Skater can be resold/ traded up. The 28 Skater runs on rails, the 24' takes more finesse. Finesse in the small boats keeps you honest in the big machines IMHO.

Going straight up to a bigger boat is going to give you a false sense of security/ability and a weekend course is just that - very limited seat time with someone who can tell you what you are doing right and wrong at that moment.

As you stated, you can buy any boat you want - Congrat's on your success. Choosing the right path to your adrenaline fix with a big cat will determine how long you get to enjoy it. Again not to sound condescending but you can youtube several devastating cat blow overs ( or v-hull spin outs/crashes) - some are extremely experienced with years of seat time, others like the fountain on lotto were proven how wrong they were at the expense of harming others. I read your responses about not using the hp.. but if the speed limit is 60, how often do you run with the cruise control at 55mph.

Even the sound of the engines compels you to push for more - LOL.. That is exactly why everyone is on this forum.

Looking forwards to pics of your boat and stories of how your are progressing. There is nothing like a good time out running hard but no one want to hear about another accident/funeral.

Sorry for the long winded post everyone

Last edited by speicher lane; 10-08-2021 at 10:21 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by speicher lane:
KCHOTBOAT (10-10-2021), TrippM (10-11-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 643 Likes on 298 Posts

lol at the gullible few...
IGetWet (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Not for nothing, but when the they announced Travis pastrana’s first time in a cat was practice in Geico it was all “atta boy! That’s awesome etc” we don’t know this guys boating experience or motor sports experience. Why the hate? Let him be, think he’s a troll? Ignore him
The following users liked this post:
dvr4hire (10-10-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.