What's on the winter upgrade list? >

What's on the winter upgrade list?

Notices

What's on the winter upgrade list?

Old 12-07-2021, 05:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 559 Likes on 263 Posts
Default What's on the winter upgrade list?

Since boating season is over for most of us, what all is on the upgrade list this winter for everyone? My winter upgrade list is all finished after a long year and just waiting on the final installs to be done when Mr Young's shoulder heals up.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I'm looking at a top end tear down and inspection. After reading through a thread on lifter failure, I decided not to wait for the engine to tell me it's broke. I will probably be switching to solid lifters and I might be switching to 1.8 rockers as well. Hopefully that's all I have to do. Last year I gutted the cabin and put in new headliner and side fabric along with completely redoing the speakers, wiring and lighting.
The following 2 users liked this post by ThisIsLivin:
ICDEDPPL (12-07-2021), offshoredrillin (12-08-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Not to derail your thread, but what happened to Eddie?

My winter upgrades will be bigger oil coolers (all 4) and fresh water pump impellers on the 3 stage pumps
Old 12-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mya not be a boat upgrade, but finishing my garage addition that yields enough space for my fountain to have its own segregated clean storage! Keep all the grinding dust and general shop dirt off her! If that happens soon enough hopefully I’ll have enough time to put hydraulic steering on her before summer.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by abones
Not to derail your thread, but what happened to Eddie?

My winter upgrades will be bigger oil coolers (all 4) and fresh water pump impellers on the 3 stage pumps
He had shoulder surgery about 4 1/2 weeks ago and is healing up very good according to him. I think the physical therapy is giving him a good work over he's not used to. I told him its old age finally catching up to him, lol.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by halfgassed
Mya not be a boat upgrade, but finishing my garage addition that yields enough space for my fountain to have its own segregated clean storage! Keep all the grinding dust and general shop dirt off her! If that happens soon enough hopefully I’ll have enough time to put hydraulic steering on her before summer.
I'd call that a upgrade since it has something to do with the boat.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
I'm looking at a top end tear down and inspection. After reading through a thread on lifter failure, I decided not to wait for the engine to tell me it's broke. I will probably be switching to solid lifters and I might be switching to 1.8 rockers as well. Hopefully that's all I have to do. Last year I gutted the cabin and put in new headliner and side fabric along with completely redoing the speakers, wiring and lighting.
You should check out the post on FB that Eddie Young and Jeff Harris had going a few days ago on Eddie's Young Performance Marine page about some lifter failure. It got really nasty looking on some.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My last winter/ all this year upgrades are on the final stages now. Water pickups are going in now.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 283 Likes on 118 Posts

What hull are you working on? Trying to figure out are your water pickups going next to trim tabs?
Old 12-07-2021, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
What hull are you working on? Trying to figure out are your water pickups going next to trim tabs?
33 AT hull. He wanted to mount them right there at the strake instead between the drives, so no interference with the water in front of the props. The picture makes them look really high up, but they actually aren't. He knows way more than I do when it comes to that stuff, since he does quite a few whipple installs every year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.