Notices

Daytona 24 hours

Old 12-14-2021, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Daytona 24 hours

Hi. I know this is a bit off topic but I'm sure there are many here that also enjoy auto racing and may be able to help me out.
I know there are companies that rent motorhomes on site at the Daytona speedway for races. I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences using them and has any recommendations for companies to use.
Thanks for any help!
Old 12-14-2021, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by TrippM
Hi. I know this is a bit off topic but I'm sure there are many here that also enjoy auto racing and may be able to help me out.
I know there are companies that rent motorhomes on site at the Daytona speedway for races. I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences using them and has any recommendations for companies to use.
Thanks for any help!
When some of us left offshore racing, when 4 engine boats were the new top class, we went over to IMSA Endurance racing.

These races included Daytona, Sebring, and the two Palm Beach races.

We used Donny Wallace’s company Lazy Days RV Company in Tampa, Fl. We would rent the motor homes and they would even stock them if we gave them a list of what we wanted. We usually rented Newell or Prevost and they would deliver them to the pits and set them up.

Since that time Lazy Days has been sold to a larger RV company, but now they are all over the country.

Call them and they should be able to set you up with something that will work for you.

Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by Top Banana:
dykstra (12-15-2021), TrippM (12-15-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 09:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

I've raced the Daytona Roval, but not akin to the 24. Some of my friends have been there for it though. The only advice I can give you direct from my photographer friends that went is: you will not get any rest at the track. The noise is DEAFENING. You really need to leave the track area to get any rest during the race.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Not sure if it fits your world, but when I was racing I was sponsored by Cruise America. They always took good care of me and their stuff was always in good condition.
Old 12-15-2021, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Lazy Days has a newer location in Wildwood if Brandon can’t help. Good people in both locations that take care of their customers so would think they’d help if possible.