Big Thunder new Cigarette dealer at LOTO and FL

Notices

Big Thunder new Cigarette dealer at LOTO and FL

Old 03-06-2022, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Gone for sure.
They will be built by Doug Wright & Cigarette and BTM will sell them.
BTM may not even be able to get a DW cat anytime soon with the 12 boat order from Ron Slozack, unless BTM already had an order placed based on them becoming the Cig Dealer.

There were more then 20 boats ahead of Ron as well. I hope cigarette has an extra 50 employees to send Doug's way or they won't be seeing anything for a while-32 boats is at least a two year schedule based on the last few years of production.

Joe
The following 2 users liked this post by JPEROG:
Griff (03-06-2022), larslindroth (03-08-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
When a "big picture" person has a vision and the finances to back it up, the sky is the limit. He is a great person and good businessman. Along with the dealership(s) are more of a family atmosphere with a great staff. They care about people and their customers.

He is likely one of the biggest players in the boating world, and I'll bet few could pick him out standing next to him. Give it a open mind, I doubt you will be disappointed.
ok great,

As my previous comment, time will tell how it works out for everybody involved,
Old 03-07-2022, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Seems like a raw deal for Brett and PBC after being Cigs biggest dealer for years. I have no input for LOTO perspective but the Palm Beach Gardens Big Thunder isn't much of a dealership compared to Mindy/Dollar Marine. I was next door to PBG BT having lunch yesterday and they had a new Fountain CC on the display rack out front (Blue/white....sharp boat but they have had it out there for months). They were an Hydrasports/HCB dealer for years with a few other brands mixed in but never a "high volume" dealership. I can't remember ever seeing a I/O boat there for service. PBG BT I believe is just a tenant of the larger rack storage business. The rack storage there likely can't even put a 35 ft boat inside the building, most of the bigger CC's are racked outside. Its an old metal boat barn style building, not set up for 40+ ft CCs.
Note the display rack on the left side:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...i4Qpx96BAg7EAg

Between Mindy/Dollar and the new F3 Marina arrangement (both in Fort Lauderdale) they were more in position to handle client needs for mechanical/1st class rack storage and in a better location.

My guess, Fred Ross is hoping the Ruiz team will be part of his exit strategy offloading Fountain/Donzi while they are still excited about buying everything under the sun.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Good info from the SOTW article.

https://www.speedonthewater.com/big-...of-the-ozarks/

That’s a tough blow for PBC, they do a great job with the run and telling the brand in general. I’m glad the run is still a go, PBC is such a critical part of the event with their cove and fed heads and all. I’m sure they will continue to do great things as they’ve just been growing and growing and growing.

always heard good things about Ed and BTM. I guess time will tell if all these big moves, changes and future plans will work out. I’m still cautiously optimistic. but again, some of this stuff has people raising eye brows.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

Any idea what the 52 Thunder is? Assuming its a smaller version of the 59 Tirranna?
Old 03-07-2022, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe someone wasn’t paying the bills on time?
Old 03-07-2022, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by JPEROG
There were more then 20 boats ahead of Ron as well. I hope cigarette has an extra 50 employees to send Doug's way or they won't be seeing anything for a while-32 boats is at least a two year schedule based on the last few years of production.

Joe
DW was/is pretty small. How many boats can or were they making per year? I also thought they did the lay ups for some other brands as well?
Old 03-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by tlark
I would guess its gonna be on still, perhaps under a differing name and/or certainly w/o factory support. I see know way BT can host a 100+ boat event the way PBC did especially with the facilities at Red Head. The owners of Cig appear to have an ambitions future planned but this is perplexing unless they plan on making a run at BT itself and there brands. I guess it's possible to see expansion of marina's or transitions with Ozark Yacht Club and Bridgeport Marine which BT owners now...............Or is it possible the Ruiz family will fund something here at LOTO that would mirror Red Head/PBC ???
BT’s on-water presence is definitely lacking compared to PBC. Locations for OYC and Bridgeport are less than ideal.
The following users liked this post:
flat rate (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Seems like a raw deal for Brett and PBC after being Cigs biggest dealer for years. I have no input for LOTO perspective but the Palm Beach Gardens Big Thunder isn't much of a dealership compared to Mindy/Dollar Marine. I was next door to PBG BT having lunch yesterday and they had a new Fountain CC on the display rack out front (Blue/white....sharp boat but they have had it out there for months). They were an Hydrasports/HCB dealer for years with a few other brands mixed in but never a "high volume" dealership. I can't remember ever seeing a I/O boat there for service. PBG BT I believe is just a tenant of the larger rack storage business. The rack storage there likely can't even put a 35 ft boat inside the building, most of the bigger CC's are racked outside. Its an old metal boat barn style building, not set up for 40+ ft CCs.
Note the display rack on the left side:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...i4Qpx96BAg7EAg

Between Mindy/Dollar and the new F3 Marina arrangement (both in Fort Lauderdale) they were more in position to handle client needs for mechanical/1st class rack storage and in a better location.

My guess, Fred Ross is hoping the Ruiz team will be part of his exit strategy offloading Fountain/Donzi while they are still excited about buying everything under the sun.
You have to wonder if Cig wanted PBC to floor plan an unreasonable number of boats and Mark balked.
Old 03-07-2022, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
You have to wonder if Cig wanted PBC to floor plan an unreasonable number of boats and Mark balked.
It'd sure be interesting to hear what the issue was.
From every source one reads, PBC appeared to represent the brand well. SMH

Otherwise, in the Speedboat slideshow there appears to be a CIG 20'.
Was that at this years show?
A refurb I'd guess?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.