Big Thunder new Cigarette dealer at LOTO and FL >

Big Thunder new Cigarette dealer at LOTO and FL

Notices

Big Thunder new Cigarette dealer at LOTO and FL

Old 03-08-2022, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Interesting fact: Bill Gates was 20 years old when he started Microsoft (actually his 2nd company) , Steve Jobs was 22, Elon Musk was 12, and Mark Zuckerburg was 19. I also think if you were to poll many of us on here, you would find we were all young when we started our businesses.... So is Age the real factor? Or change in general and not wanting to see a new business plan?

If you own a business, change is always the biggest challenge. The status quo is generally what takes a business out over time. If you are not willing to change and move with the market, you become stale and it is only a matter of time. Look at the Corp 100 from 50 years ago and today. There is VERY few that have survived, and I think it is fair to say, none are the same structure they were in the beginning and now today!
To be fair even though those guys you listed had backing the Cig CEO was more or less given the position. Not like he started the company.
Either way I really do not have a opinion good or bad, doesn't effect me in any way. Not worried about it. Like you say, the only "constant" is change.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Sorry I don`t know every launch at LOTO.. it`s confusing as hell and I`ve only been there for the cig run and maybe a handful of times beyond that.
Can you google launch ramps?
I used the public one for the first time last year.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 144 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Sorry I don`t know every launch at LOTO.. it`s confusing as hell and I`ve only been there for the cig run and maybe a handful of times beyond that.
actually between the dam and PBC there really aren’t that many public ramps surprisingly.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 741 Likes on 335 Posts

The one advantage I could see with going with Big Thunder is having two dealerships in two serious boating communities under one ownership.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
The one advantage I could see with going with Big Thunder is having two dealerships in two serious boating communities under one ownership.
PBC has a FL location I do believe.
The following 2 users liked this post by cheech:
Interceptor (03-08-2022), Knot 4 Me (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Here is a partial guide: https://www.livingthetoonlife.com/mi...-launches.html

You stated you were in a bind, there is numerous private ramps between the resorts, condos and other marinas. (They usually charge a nominal fee) But if you are looking for a regular public launch, there is only a handfull ran by the state.

I am only saying, you shouldn't expect a private ramp to be open arms, to person who just feels they have a "favor" coming.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by flat rate
actually between the dam and PBC there really aren’t that many public ramps surprisingly.
according to the ST cheerleader it`s 10+
Old 03-08-2022, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 248 Likes on 134 Posts

Between the dam and mm21, I believe Shawnee Bend access at
the 10mm ( right by Ozark BBQ) is it…. the only other one relatively close is
PB2 in the State park in the GG arm
Old 03-08-2022, 04:50 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Interesting fact: Bill Gates was 20 years old when he started Microsoft (actually his 2nd company) , Steve Jobs was 22, Elon Musk was 12, and Mark Zuckerburg was 19. I also think if you were to poll many of us on here, you would find we were all young when we started our businesses.... So is Age the real factor? Or change in general and not wanting to see a new business plan?
If he didn't have his dad's backing would he be the CEO of Cigarette? You all get your shorts in a bunch defending this kid and company, it's hilarious. Yeah...I own my own company, I'm in my 60's and I am STILL LEARNING. How is he with managing personnel? Does he have the experience to handle tough employee situations with skill and tact? Will he have respect of his team? Is he viewed as a leader? Will those with decades of experience follow his leads? What is his fiscal training? What are his abilities to handle strategic partnerships, banking, financial swings, upticks and downswings in the economy, facilities management, marketing strategies, plus a million other factors that go into running a business. Being a CEO is more than just coming out with a jet-ski or giant yacht. Maybe that's what it takes to succeed in this market, maybe not...I don't know but the leaders I've worked for earned it. It comes down to experience and wisdom which comes from age and making mistakes. Good for him and good for his family, I hope they are successful, I don't wish anybody any ill will. But leadership and success are hard earned in my experience.
The following 6 users liked this post by Indy:
1MOSES1 (03-10-2022), bobkatz (03-14-2022), Bostonirish (03-08-2022), Interceptor (03-08-2022), Lute Dickey (03-10-2022), offshoredrillin (03-09-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 04:54 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
i don't take business or financial advice from people like Bernie or AOC
I hope you don't take financial advise from any politician. I don't know you other than from this board but you seem to be quite successful, I'm sure it didn't come overnight and without pain and hard lessons. Those who are out building and being successful have been at it for a while too.
The following users liked this post:
offshoredrillin (03-09-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.