Big Thunder new Cigarette dealer at LOTO and FL

Old 03-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Between the dam and mm21, I believe Shawnee Bend access at
the 10mm ( right by Ozark BBQ) is it…. the only other one relatively close is
PB2 in the State park in the GG arm
Those are the only State access ramps. But start adding in all the Marinas, Resorts, Condos etc. Including 4 Seasons HOA, there is easily 10+ off HH and the Strip, all with in 3-5 miles of Carol Rd. (Most allow ramping for a small fee.

ICDEDPPL You can call me a cheerleader all you want, I'm just looking at the positive of change and putting "special person" in to perspective. Only seems fair since you seem to be voicing your opinion, I have mine.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
If he didn't have his dad's backing would he be the CEO of Cigarette? You all get your shorts in a bunch defending this kid and company, it's hilarious. Yeah...I own my own company, I'm in my 60's and I am STILL LEARNING. How is he with managing personnel? Does he have the experience to handle tough employee situations with skill and tact? Will he have respect of his team? Is he viewed as a leader? Will those with decades of experience follow his leads? What is his fiscal training? What are his abilities to handle strategic partnerships, banking, financial swings, upticks and downswings in the economy, facilities management, marketing strategies, plus a million other factors that go into running a business. Being a CEO is more than just coming out with a jet-ski or giant yacht. Maybe that's what it takes to succeed in this market, maybe not...I don't know but the leaders I've worked for earned it. It comes down to experience and wisdom which comes from age and making mistakes. Good for him and good for his family, I hope they are successful, I don't wish anybody any ill will. But leadership and success are hard earned in my experience.
^^^Great post/perspective

How many people have failed at the boat business vs. how many have prospered 20+ years. Even Reggie had huge success followed by huge failure when the money dried up.
I don't agree with the Gates/Jobs/Musk/Zuckerberg comparison..........they all invented their product/success vs. this kid's dad bought it.
CRT is a great brand but it is going to take a great leader to take it into the next chapter. $5+ gas, inflation and a subsequent interest rate hike could seriously jolt the boat business back into reality not just from a boat buying/owning perspective but how many owners are getting squeezed in their own incomes already and might consider holding off on big purchases? Remember CRT success is based on new boat builds/sales.
The following users liked this post:
1MOSES1 (03-10-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Any idea what the 52 Thunder is? Assuming its a smaller version of the 59 Tirranna?
Correct. https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/202...under-8093868/
Old 03-08-2022, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 426 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
ICDEDPPL You can call me a cheerleader all you want, I'm just looking at the positive of change and putting "special person" in to perspective. Only seems fair since you seem to be voicing your opinion, I have mine.
I like both dealerships, but how is this change positive? As a consumer, it will be neutral at best, as I cannot imagine BT doing a better job (albeit they may do an equally great job as they are a top notch dealership). My guess is that it goes beyond just buying and selling boats (like maybe a merger in the future and then take it public or sell to Brunswick?) I might be going out on a limb here, but it sounds like you may have an axe to grind with PBC. Please let us all know what that is so that we can form/change our opinion.

Exactly how do you see this as a positive change? Just askin'
Old 03-08-2022, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I like both dealerships, but how is this change positive? As a consumer, it will be neutral at best, as I cannot imagine BT doing a better job (albeit they may do an equally great job as they are a top notch dealership). My guess is that it goes beyond just buying and selling boats (like maybe a merger in the future and then take it public or sell to Brunswick?) I might be going out on a limb here, but it sounds like you may have an axe to grind with PBC. Please let us all know what that is so that we can form/change our opinion.

Exactly how do you see this as a positive change? Just askin'
My personal opinion on PBC is known to those that matter and they all know openly how I feel and why. That is where I will leave it. I have been and am involved in both dealerships on a personal level through family and my business. Again, it is a small world at the lake and I try to get along. I hold no distain, but understand they are 2 distinctively different operations and both have positives, here is my opinion of the highlights:

PBC is a glitz and glimmer dealership, no contest in most realms. No doubt they put on one hell of a show. They will happily express their strengths to their customer base. You want a happy party experience, they have it.

BTM: More of a family atmosphere. More business like and more subdued atmosphere on the surface. But.... Look at the $$$ numbers in sales, service and accessories. No contest. Their owner is NOT out front yelling hey look at me, but working hard putting the right people in place to make it work like a machine. He owns Iconic Marine, plus many other entities. BTM is the sales/service entity and and they are committed to success.... BTM carries many different lines of boats and are diverse between the separate dealerships. Sales numbers show it.

Here is where I go into the weeds and hypothesize in the new direction for Cigarette: They want a business that supports the different facets they are looking at, branding not just the boat, but apparel and off shoot products. They are likely looking for a business driven entity that has proven sales records, less drama, and a a staff that is in place to handle all those lines along with what they have already. BTM fits that mold.

On a customer side, I have no idea what is planned, but knowing the people and team they are putting together I doubt you will be disappointed once the plan is rolled out. That being said I doubt you will ever see the party atmosphere of PBC? But if you want a boat, good service after the purchase and the swag to look good doing it, BTM is going that direction.

To be fair, everyone will/has had stumbles along the way, it is business, question who would you trust in the long run? Apparently Cigarette picked BTM. They have their reasons and I doubt very much, one person in the entity made that decision. I guess we will all see how this plays out, I doubt the loss side didn't see this coming? But the timing may not have been what they expected. We will all see how this plays out. I personally and professionally, hope it goes great! And to the other side, wish them the best, I am sure they will get a plan and make sure we all know it, loud and clear.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:20 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Sorry I don`t know every launch at LOTO.. it`s confusing as hell and I`ve only been there for the cig run and maybe a handful of times beyond that.
Can you google launch ramps?
I used the public one for the first time last year.
Download the Lake Locator Lake of the Ozarks App
And since I think you stay at Ledges a lot, the PB2 ramp is way closer and IMO easier than using PBC's
Old 03-09-2022, 07:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
If he didn't have his dad's backing would he be the CEO of Cigarette? You all get your shorts in a bunch defending this kid and company, it's hilarious. Yeah...I own my own company, I'm in my 60's and I am STILL LEARNING. How is he with managing personnel? Does he have the experience to handle tough employee situations with skill and tact? Will he have respect of his team? Is he viewed as a leader? Will those with decades of experience follow his leads? What is his fiscal training? What are his abilities to handle strategic partnerships, banking, financial swings, upticks and downswings in the economy, facilities management, marketing strategies, plus a million other factors that go into running a business. Being a CEO is more than just coming out with a jet-ski or giant yacht. Maybe that's what it takes to succeed in this market, maybe not...I don't know but the leaders I've worked for earned it. It comes down to experience and wisdom which comes from age and making mistakes. Good for him and good for his family, I hope they are successful, I don't wish anybody any ill will. But leadership and success are hard earned in my experience.
exactly, and while we wear all the hats at our own companies, there are many people around him that watch and help in the decision process. right now is the honeymoon and acquisition time, soon it will be time to see if it plays out. if they can take the dw cats and bring them to another level thats great, as well as new models, they have reached out to core owners with Mindi running the refurb ctr (which may turn out to be the most profitable part of the operation, time will tell). going to be tough in the next year or so with fuel and bad decisions in washington. the pleasure/luxury mkt takes a hit first over food and daily living expenses. if he can appease the core customer and migrate them into the plan as well as bring in new clients with innovation it should work.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 144 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Those are the only State access ramps. But start adding in all the Marinas, Resorts, Condos etc. Including 4 Seasons HOA, there is easily 10+ off HH and the Strip, all with in 3-5 miles of Carol Rd. (Most allow ramping for a small fee.

condos and four seasons ramps are not public ramps.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 259 Posts

Maybe Fred is going to buy Cig down the road ? Never know about that guy, he knows how to build empires and make money.
The following users liked this post:
KCHOTBOAT (03-09-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by flat rate
condos and four seasons ramps are not public ramps.
Your right! Neither is the marina that was posted, NOT A PUBLIC RAMP. That is the whole point of this conversation. Yet the person who stated he was turned away, felt he deserved to "just launch" and since he was turned away, has stated the place deserves to be condemned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.