Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
it did
You are correct
Old 03-25-2022, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 833 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Greg is correct. MTI as well as myself and others set the Garmin displays and VV units with a calibration factor in the Mercury VV that can adjust the percentage amount to be what ever you like. MTI as well as Mercury Racing normally make 40% level with the bottom of the boat.
On my Skater if I add 2 degrees positive trim the reading is around 50%. Same I believe with the MTI's. Customers are normally told never to exceed 50%.
If you use the factory defaults on the VV I believe level is around 12% on a Garmin display.
Interesting Ron! My screens read right at 35% when level with the bottom - same as Greg's outboard DCB. I didn't know most screens displayed similar percentages for trim angle. I never have to worry about blowing over for two reasons - my 36 is a 9,500# big-bottom girl with light power, and it's fastest with negative trim anyways!
Old 03-26-2022, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Heard 30kt headwind. 3 foot seas. First time driver. Don't be a hero. No trophy for that!
The following users liked this post:
Sydwayz (03-28-2022)