Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"Stand up" Guy  (Wisconsin Hit & Run Boat Accident) >

"Stand up" Guy (Wisconsin Hit & Run Boat Accident)

Notices

"Stand up" Guy (Wisconsin Hit & Run Boat Accident)

Old 07-28-2022, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 340 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Well luckily the local cops were on the case and filed the appropriate charges. Did you notice one of the bond conditions included a "no alcohol" provision? Wonder why? Do you think the probable cause affidavit outlines the reasoning?

Hey if the guy called it in within a few minutes of the crash, then ok he was taking care of his boat/passengers but radio silence (literally) for 2 days means he was "lawyering up" for the inevitable charges/lawsuits. The cops aren't dummies, the have the boat crash video and his drinking videos at the bars/restaurants before the boat ride in the dark. Johhny Cochrane is dead so he won't be able show up and derail the case with a one liner like: If the driver left the wreck, he won't have to write the check!
“No alcohol” provision is standard procedure for any charges brought by the state. I would not assume alcohol was involved based on that.

I unfortunately have an embezzlement case currently with a former employee and there are strict no alcohol provisions. It’s a copy and paste line of provisions put in place by the state prosecutor. No alcohol was involved…just being a thief.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 147 Likes on 80 Posts

Next week everyone will be complaining about the high cost of insurance on big powerful boats, this is why.

This ain't some kid who bounced his inflatable paddle board into your 40' power boat this was a grown ass man who from the looks of it was drinking, crashed into another boat at night and then took off. He's lucky nobody died, he's not some kid who's being railroaded he's a grown man who made a poor calculation and must pay . When you make mistakes you loose the right to decide who gets paid and how much.
I can't fathom that some think he's the victim, without his actions none of this would have happened. He's a criminal and should be treated as such but if you want someone to blame look no farther than the police chief who swore an oath to protect and serve and then let his "friend" get behind the wheel, he should have seen this materialize and stopped his "friend" from driving and now his inaction has consequences.
Neither men are heros or good guys they are a couple of drunks that got lucky only a boat was damaged and nobody died.
The following 3 users liked this post by carnutsx2:
Indy (07-28-2022), offshoredrillin (07-28-2022), waybomb (08-01-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Well ok then,but it's all sad
Old 07-29-2022, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 868 Likes on 373 Posts

What I can’t believe is people here are still debating and bickering about it. Some friends and myself loosely know the guy, have no dog in the fight, and we stopped talking about it weeks ago. Lol.
The following 4 users liked this post by IGetWet:
30outlaw (07-29-2022), ICDEDPPL (08-01-2022), TrippM (07-29-2022), Twin O/B Sonic (07-31-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 08:11 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
As someone that technically died in a boat accident, all i heard from people and the "internet" was "he was probably drunk"... I never drink when testing and was drinking water all day as BobbyB can attest to. so I don't share the exuberance to have a trial by internet. we disagree, do I have sympathy for the owner of the nortech? nope, but he deserves the right to be innocent UNTIL proven guilty. also those that search the net will use threads like this as fodder to further stigmatize any boat capable of any speed..this will be my last comment on it...
You are 100% right, Rob, and I respect your position, as you have a unique and relevant experience that I don't have. We can disagree and still be great friends. That's what makes us all human; and not each others' personal echo chambers.
I should clarify my thoughts as well. Anything that happens to him, should follow suit AFTER court proceedings. The facts are not public in this incident, nor were they in your accident. The facts were public in the SML incident.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-01-2022 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Well now that it's out there what the hell is the SML wreck??
Old 08-01-2022, 10:38 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
Well now that it's out there what the hell is the SML wreck??
Smith Mountain Lake, VA; 2005
A Donzi ZRC owned by a dealer on the lake launched over the back of a cruiser; killing two people and a dog on the cruiser.
Link to article: https://bit.ly/3PStqh8

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-01-2022 at 10:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cheech (08-01-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Smith Mountain Lake, VA; 2005
A Donzi ZRC owned by a dealer on the lake launched over the back of a cruiser; killing two people and a dog on the cruiser.
Link to article: https://bit.ly/3PStqh8
Thanks!
Old 08-01-2022, 12:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by carnutsx2
Next week everyone will be complaining about the high cost of insurance on big powerful boats, this is why.

This ain't some kid who bounced his inflatable paddle board into your 40' power boat this was a grown ass man who from the looks of it was drinking, crashed into another boat at night and then took off. He's lucky nobody died, he's not some kid who's being railroaded he's a grown man who made a poor calculation and must pay. When you make mistakes you loose the right to decide who gets paid and how much.
I can't fathom that some think he's the victim, without his actions none of this would have happened. He's a criminal and should be treated as such but if you want someone to blame look no farther than the police chief who swore an oath to protect and serve and then let his "friend" get behind the wheel, he should have seen this materialize and stopped his "friend" from driving and now his inaction has consequences.
Neither men are heros or good guys they are a couple of drunks that got lucky only a boat was damaged and nobody died.
But nobody actually died. What you are saying is that every time you go over the speed limit you "should" get a ticket because someone could die... For what its worth, the guy has already learned a lesson. A person doesnt need to pay fines to learn a lesson, he already had the chit scared out of him, he already learned.

Old 08-01-2022, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

IF drunk driving is involved is the insurance company off the hook?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.