Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
ot do any of you guys play the stock market? >

ot do any of you guys play the stock market?

Notices

ot do any of you guys play the stock market?

Old 11-26-2002, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wish I could be consistent. Got me and the kids out of LU at $62. I get into a small optical company (employee) TELM with tons-o-options. Got greedy and lost it all, plus a lot more and my job. Didn't take my own advice to sell half, even though friends were telling me to do just that. Now just hoping for a buyout sometime very soon before they expire.

BTW, LU was a great play the last month. The sad part is they repriced all the employee stock options yesterday, just after the stock had a nice run up on buyout rumors.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am DONE with the stock market. I have lost more in the last 3 years than my current boat loan balance!!!!!! and I'm not even referring to my 401k!!!!don't even want to look at that right now

real estate baby!!!!! that's where it is. fewer and fewer people can affort less and less of it.

after what I learned about pump and dump and being the sucker of the day.... I'm out.

I can't even make money on my "safe investment" AOL!!!!! getting out of that in the next 4 weeks to take the loss on taxes this year finally and moving on.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Registered

Yup real estate. Come here to Rumson NJ as the housing prices drop with all the Wall Streeters are losing their jobs.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UHAL is way down due to possible bankruptcy. They are the only game in town however.....
Old 11-26-2002, 07:06 PM
Steve_H

well my stop loss got taken out today.
still doubled my money in less then a month.
kinda having mixed feelings even though i followed my plan and got out when it started pulling back.
with my luck it will skyrocket now

hmmmm , now what to buy........

Old 11-26-2002, 07:55 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

your gonna have a HUGE **** eating grin on your face when it tanks though. Be happy you made some scratch
Old 11-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Registered

tried-lost-will not try again...
Old 11-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Registered

Acorn Products, columbus stock. i have been watching for 3 years. Wanting to buy 2 weeks ago @ 35cents a share, broker laughed at me for wanting 200 shares. So i didnt buy. The stock is now at 3.50 a share.
Would have made 700-70(200shres) then broker fees, so probably around 600$.

What did i learn?? My neighbor is a drunken lying stock broker who should not be trusted. (especially on july 4)
Old 11-26-2002, 10:52 PM
Registered

If you are looking for the quick "profit" from stock trading, (do not call this investing, it is not investing) approach it like you would gambling. Realize what you are putting in is totaly at risk.......and......pick the point at which you will get out, profit or loss. And never.....never.......look back and say "if I had only". Trading is nothing more than gambling.

Investing, is a longer term approach based on fundamentals founded in growth, value, preservation, etc.

Trading can be fun, but in the long run, investing will make you more money.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 6000 shares of stock that has increased 7 times it's value in the last month. I bought it at $0.11 back in October and it's now at $0.72. Up 38% just yesterday. The bad part is that it was $168.00 a share prior to the crash a couple of years ago.

Digex (DIGX) is a web hosting company located in Maryland.

Quick Reply: ot do any of you guys play the stock market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.