Talon 37 Hustler IMPRESSIVE!! >

Talon 37 Hustler IMPRESSIVE!!

Notices

Talon 37 Hustler IMPRESSIVE!!

Old 09-20-2022, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by HuskerPerformance
Anything associated with the name Saris deserves attention and respect. I briefly met your dad a few times when he was running the 32 Pro stock Skater Stylin back in the 90s. We were maintaining 2X World Champ Chuck Nue’s Insanity Shadow Cat out of my shop in NJ. Anytime your Dad had a chance to make a race, especially in Point Pleasant,he was a class act all around. We always looked forward to the competition. It’s great to see his expertise and legacy handed down to his son(s).

The 377 Talon ran surprisingly good in the rough, better than I expected, and the water was as advertised! As for a throttleman, Im OLD but still good. Lol. I believe with the right massaging, with a revised deck and transom it could compete with the lightweight twin outboard catamarans that are so popular today. Agree with you on the 25 and 22 also.

I encourage everyone to check out the link below for a great video by Jonny Saris at his shop. Very informative and it’s perfect example of passing on a trade to the next generation! Highly recommend watching the entire clip.

Where was your shop in New Jersey located and what was/is the name of the shop?
Old 09-21-2022, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 275 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Where was your shop in New Jersey located and what was/is the name of the shop?
Brick. Proroc. Sold out years ago.
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 10:34 PM
Registered

Default Slick 50.ProStocker

Great Running ProStocker that Dominated in its day

Legend Chip Fendt pilot

Last edited by HuskerPerformance; 09-22-2022 at 07:47 PM.
Smarty (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 10:45 PM
Registered

Brick. Proroc. Sold out years ago.
I was at your shop at many, many years ago and also down the street at Roger Munn’s then later Kurt’s, in my younger days.

Are you Rolf? if yes, I met you before.

My father was a participant back in the day at your Barnegat Bay radar shoot-outs, that has to be more than 30 years ago or so.

I liked your place there in Brick Twp!

Last edited by Smarty; 09-21-2022 at 10:49 PM.
HuskerPerformance (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 10:47 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Ben Robertson’s Talon

Tunnel Boat and Offshore Legend Ben Robertson’s Talon 25

Boat was for sale a few years back.
Smarty (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 11:09 PM
Registered

Default Small World!,

I was at your shop at many, many years ago and down the street at Roger Munn’s then later Kurt’s, in my younger days.

Are you Rolf? if yes, I met you before.

My father was a participant back in the day at your Barnegat Bay radar shoot-outs, that has to be more than 30 years ago or so.

I liked your place there in Brick Twp!
Rolf and I founded Proroc after the folks leasing his Pro Marine business folded on their obligation. Rolf is still doing business there and is enjoying life.

The Radar Shootout at the Waters Edge!! What a fabulous event. I believe that was the first shootout of its kind in the country. Fastest boat was Mike Fuscos Chris Cat Ballistic that ran 117mph. I remember the shootout between the Pete (forgot his last name) Outerlimits No Disipline and Brad Gormans 33 Scarab with Blackhawks. They both ran twice and both ran 84.The event went late into the afternoon with a real shootout. Pete went out to take another shot. During the run he cracked his engine hatch open a bit to get more air into the engine compartment. The wind caught the hatch and boogered it all up. Still tied at 84. Brad went out and left his copilot on the dock to save weight and ran 85 right at the end of the event. Everyone had fun!

What boat did your dad run?
The following 2 users liked this post by HuskerPerformance:
SB (09-22-2022), Smarty (09-22-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 11:16 PM
Registered

Rolf and I founded Proroc after the folks leasing his Pro Marine business folded on their obligation. Rolf is still doing business there and is enjoying life.

The Radar Shootout at the Waters Edge!! What a fabulous event. I believe that was the first shootout of its kind in the country. Fastest boat was Mike Fuscos Chris Cat Ballistic that ran 117mph. I remember the shootout between the Pete (forgot his last name) Outerlimits No Disipline and Brad Gormans 33 Scarab with Blackhawks. They both ran twice and both ran 84.The event went late into the afternoon with a real shootout. Pete went out to take another shot. During the run he cracked his engine hatch open a bit to get more air into the engine compartment. The wind caught the hatch and boogered it all up. Still tied at 84. Brad went out and left his copilot on the dock to save weight and ran 85 right at the end of the event. Everyone had fun!

What boat did your dad run?
i was there that dsy, and when the Finish Line cat ran 129 mph which was fast.

My father ran a 27’ Magnum Sport, “the Hairy Canary” radared at 81 mph. Brad’s Scarab was a good running boat, i loved those shootouts, the 18’ Donzi of George Desmond was also very strong, plus Tango and Cash, ect

Thank you for the reply
The following 2 users liked this post by Smarty:
HuskerPerformance (09-22-2022), SB (09-22-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 11:52 PM
Registered

i was there that dsy, and when the Finish Line cat ran 129 mph which was fast.

My father ran a 27’ Magnum Sport, “the Hairy Canary” radared at 81 mph. Brad’s Scarab was a good running boat, i loved those shootouts, the 18’ Donzi of George Desmond was also very strong, plus Tango and Cash, ect

Thank you for the reply
Yes, the yellow 27 very nice ride. Yea you are right Joey Calabros Finishline at 129. I believe Joey had big DRC blocks with Warren Johnson’s Oldsmobile Heads which Kurt Berger built. Damm hydratech was fast and fast for that time for sure.

Thanks for supporting this thread my friend!!

Last edited by HuskerPerformance; 09-22-2022 at 12:00 AM.
Smarty (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 12:20 AM
Registered

Cool Miami Vice Talon

One of my favorites is DJ running the 25 Talon with the 2.4 Bridgeport’s. Best looking boat/motor combination IMO. Fastest ride on the Series confirmed!

The following 2 users liked this post by HuskerPerformance:
SB (09-22-2022), the deep (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 04:36 AM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

This has been an awsome thread! Sucked me right in! Ah the good old days.....
The following 4 users liked this post by Gary C:
cheech (09-23-2022), HuskerPerformance (09-22-2022), Smarty (09-22-2022), the deep (09-22-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.