Notices

6 X 600 HCB 65 Estrella

Old 11-03-2022, 09:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Anything 7 marine powered is worth less than Yamaha/Mercury at this point just from a maintenance/parts perspective.

The 65 CC has a shallower draft and is likely easier to handle than a traditional sportfish. Its also faster. I'd like to see a 65 CC pull up to a waterfront bar like Two Georges and try to tie up for lunch.......unless its a Tuesday there won't be any dock space for that size boat.
Ironically yeah you are right as far as a tie-up boat, there is an Estrella out at Peanut and Key Lime all the time. There are usually 2-3 people on it - thats it. I always joke about the guy becasue he looks bored. Please elaborate on what bars have enough room to park more than one 65 foot boat.... ? LOL If you are going "bar hopping" why are you doing it in a 65 foot boat. Isnt a 30-40 enough and a chitload easier? I mean, shouldnt they just use a tender? There isnt a single bar from lauderdale to jupiter that can even fit a 65 on an ordinary weekend. Just because you can doesnt mean you should....
Old 11-03-2022, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Ironically yeah you are right as far as a tie-up boat, there is an Estrella out at Peanut and Key Lime all the time. There are usually 2-3 people on it - thats it. I always joke about the guy becasue he looks bored. Please elaborate on what bars have enough room to park more than one 65 foot boat.... ? LOL If you are going "bar hopping" why are you doing it in a 65 foot boat. Isnt a 30-40 enough and a chitload easier? I mean, shouldnt they just use a tender? There isnt a single bar from lauderdale to jupiter that can even fit a 65 on an ordinary weekend. Just because you can doesnt mean you should....
Sailfish east of Peanut could take your 65 ft boat, Waterway Cafe/Seasons 52/Riverhouse could take you and 1000 North/Utiki could take you as well.
Old 11-03-2022, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 483 Likes on 265 Posts

An 60 Viking is a way nicer boat they are beautiful inside with a proper engine room with big engines that can rumble no outboard trolling engines on the transom either plus the flybridge is a very cool place to drive from
The following 3 users liked this post by boostbros:
hoodoo (11-03-2022), Keith Atlanta (11-03-2022), Quinlan (11-04-2022)
Old 11-03-2022, 10:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by boostbros
An 60 Viking is a way nicer boat they are beautiful inside with a proper engine room with big engines that can rumble no outboard trolling engines on the transom either plus the flybridge is a very cool place to drive from
Thats what Im sayin. I would take the Viking over the HCB. Even still taking the HCB to "lunch" is like taking your Bugatti to the laundry mat. Of course theres nothing wrong with this but to each his own.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

For that price and can barley get out of the rain under way ? No thanks .
Old 11-04-2022, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 483 Likes on 265 Posts

those outboards and center console design will not be able to run in the ocean conditions the big Viking can those big diesels in her belly make a low center of gravity that eats waves and does it every day the outboards can not take that