Notices

Is it that time

Old 02-18-2023, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Is it that time

So like others on here, I'm contemplating making the switch from the go fast scene to the CC world. I'm planning on staying in the 30' range, so it's not so much a downsize as much as a change of pace. I always lerk around reading others posting similar things. I'm hoping a 30' cc with twin 300's will still get me my speed fix when needed, but having the overall space in the boat is what's prompting the the thought process. This is more of a thinking out loud post but is the user friendly layout worth the loss of those big blocks singing in harmony? Only a question I can answer, but our boating life has changed over the years, haven't done poker runs since before the plandemic, I think the time has come.

With that said, I think it's time to test the waters on the 32 dominator market, just looking for feedback at this point

2011 dominator S
First S model built
400hrs on HO's
Phoenix triple axle trailer
Old 02-18-2023, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 593 Likes on 353 Posts

Post some pics. I’m thinking about trading my CC for an I/O.

Not sure how much speed you’re looking for. Mine runs upper 50s with 300s. It gets up on the pad and is pretty exciting.

My buddy is building a 28’ island runner. It’s got a pad and is 8’ beam (mine is 9’). With twin 300R mercs we’re guessing it will go over 70. That’s about as fast as you can expect a 30’ CC with 300s to go.

A 30 or 32 concept would run pretty fast on 600hp.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 45 Posts

I am leaning very hard towards the concept. Love the styling and I kinda like that small cabin to stow away gear.
I'll pm you pics, I don't want to get flagged for turning this into a for sale post