Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scouring the planet for a Cobra Predator 3100. >

Scouring the planet for a Cobra Predator 3100.

Notices

Scouring the planet for a Cobra Predator 3100.

Old 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhag
In my searching, I have learned that 90% of boat classified sites are BS. Truly incredible how they will have the same boat, different prices, never respond.. terribly frustrating.
Anyway, searching hard for the Cobra Predator CC they made back in the 1999 timeframe. One could show up with one engine and be on fire and I would probably buy it out of classified site frustration.
Any ideas?
I know this is an old posting well over a year. I do have a 99 3100 Cobra predator and I'm getting older and it's just a lot about to take care of. I'm thinking about downsizing because I still want to have a boat. So if you're still looking. I live in Orlando Florida. Let me know.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:05 PM
Registered

Optomate,

I am interested. Please message me the details,

thanks.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:51 AM
Registered

Kevin. Good morning. The Boat is powered by 1999 ox66 2-stroke Yamaha 250s. I just recently put new thermostats and new water pumps in and on the ears everything was pumping fine and then just yesterday I took it out on a local lake. Engines were running just fine and then the starboard engine quit peeing so I shut it down and brought the boat back to the trailer. When I got home I put the ears on that engine and it fires right up, but not peeing so I have to research that.The electronics are old from Furono's FCV582L and GP1650W. Both work and visually are in very good shape. It has a simrad aunitsu radar. That worked and then whatever the peace inside that rotates it busted so I got another complete unit and put it on there but never really tried getting it working so I don't know if the radar works. There's a small soft spot in the floor on the port side near the helm and the deck drains at the rear of the cockpit need to be replaced. I had a guy detail the boat and he was trying to take the covers off of them and busted them so I put foam in there because they're below the water line when the boat sit. There are stress cracks here and there but all in all the boat is solid, but could use a good detail. It's not a t-top. I guess I would call that a radar Arch with rod holders and outrigger holders attached to each side with a half Bimini top. If you pull up pictures of different Cobra predators you will see what I'm talking about.I had a new top put on it years ago, but it's toast so it will need a new top. The boat has a tri axle trailer that came with it. Is actually for a v-hull, but I put some guides on the trailer myself and the boat rides on the trailer quite stable. The leaf springs are quite rusty and probably need to be cleaned and or replaced, put the trailer pulled just fine yesterday.The oil injections have been taken off the engine so you have to mix oil with the gas, but I personally like that better because you always know you have oil going into the engine. I have two sets of props. The ones on it now are the three blade props, but I have the set of huge four blade props that came on the boat originally. I also have the oil injection that came off each motor boxed up. The boat ain't perfect, but it's in good shape and it is a badass Cobra predator and you just don't find those much anymore. As I'm riding I'm trying to think of other things I need to tell you. It has a live well and in deck rod holders, but you probably already know that because they all have that. So I'm sure I miss some things, but just let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks for getting back to me.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:14 AM
Registered

Trying to send you a private message. But need a few more post.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:17 AM
Registered

Hours on the engines?
Old 04-20-2024, 09:18 AM
Registered

How fast does the boat run?
Old 04-20-2024, 09:18 AM
Registered

Message sent
Old 04-20-2024, 09:25 AM
Registered

I can only guess on the engine because I bought them used when I got the boat because the engine's on it were shot, but I would guess around 400 hours. As for speed I had the boat up to just to click under 80 miles an hour with the big four blade props on it. I was by myself and probably had maybe 100 gallons of fuel total on board. But when I had people with me you could cruise at 50 miles an hour like it was nothing.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:16 PM
Registered

Optometrist, Did you get my direct message?
Old 06-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Registered

Default Optomate

Hello Optomate, could you call me? I may have just what you are interested in as a trade and I want a Predator. 727-771-3844 Chuck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.