We have all heard about CMI header issues but

Notices

We have all heard about CMI header issues but

Old 04-06-2023, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
Asking because I'm not familiar with either currently....do you get the same result if you run stud girdles vs running shaft rockers? Wondering advantages/disadvantages to either option?

Thanks!
Real shaft rockers are still better all the way around vs stud mounted rockers even with stud girdles. Jesel sportsmans are a JOKE with no mount bridging acrossed the whole head, i would take good stainless stud rockers with stud girdles over jesel sportmans. I think mr gadgets had one rip the roof of a cylinder intake port out due to their lack of a mount tying everything in. I personally favor the TD. The plus with TD shaft mounts over stud girdles too is they will fit under stock valve covers most the time, stud girdles will NOT. Becomes important on some engines that cant use taller valve covers like anything with a whipple sidemount on it, Smitty
The following 2 users liked this post by articfriends:
87MirageIntruder (04-07-2023), TeamSaris (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 1,022 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I had the aluminum Jesels that started breaking on me, so a couple grand later I was switched over to steel.

On the CMI issue - inflation is a killer!! Used to be 200 bucks or so to get them welded. My bill last week was $880. Brutal....
My buddy owns a fabrication / welding shop down here in Naples.

Last week we went out and looked at at a job that involved removing the ornamental aluminum off a house powder coating it and reinstalling .

It was a 30 thousand dollar job all day but he didn’t want or need the work so he told them 125 thousand to do the job and they came back with when can you start .

He constantly turns down work as he is sick of having to babysit his Mexicans , their great workers but they lack common sense.

And their isn’t a white boy around that wants to work for $40 an hour anymore.
The following 2 users liked this post by tommymonza:
Hoodoo 2.0 (04-07-2023), Wildman_grafix (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1,116 Likes on 418 Posts

Very astute observation on both gringo and non gringo.
Old 04-07-2023, 12:08 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Would he really want one?

Old 04-07-2023, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

I blame our generation, we told them get a 4 year degree, trades are not good etc. Removed trade classes from schools (Hell our trade classes used to build a house every year!).

Now we have kids buried in school debt with degrees in "general college studies", yea that will get you a good job. When I went back to get another degree in 2009 I was in an advanced English class or something and the assignments were so easy I asked the professor what was up, how could the "advance" class be so easy.

She said they have to do this because the kids coming out of high school could barley write a sentence!

Anyway good for your buddy, that is a nice margin!!!!!

Originally Posted by tommymonza
My buddy owns a fabrication / welding shop down here in Naples.

Last week we went out and looked at at a job that involved removing the ornamental aluminum off a house powder coating it and reinstalling .

It was a 30 thousand dollar job all day but he didn’t want or need the work so he told them 125 thousand to do the job and they came back with when can you start .

He constantly turns down work as he is sick of having to babysit his Mexicans , their great workers but they lack common sense.

The following users liked this post:
articfriends (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,116 Likes on 418 Posts

Please excuse the derail.

Old 04-08-2023, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by wildman_grafix
i blame our generation, we told them get a 4 year degree, trades are not good etc. Removed trade classes from schools (hell our trade classes used to build a house every year!).

Now we have kids buried in school debt with degrees in "general college studies", yea that will get you a good job. When i went back to get another degree in 2009 i was in an advanced english class or something and the assignments were so easy i asked the professor what was up, how could the "advance" class be so easy.

She said they have to do this because the kids coming out of high school could barley write a sentence!

Anyway good for your buddy, that is a nice margin!!!!!
twoof!
Old 04-09-2023, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 622 Likes on 183 Posts

Motors going in this week

The following 5 users liked this post by H20 Toie:
dykstra (04-11-2023), Knot 4 Me (04-10-2023), Tiki Joe (04-10-2023), Wildman_grafix (04-09-2023), xlint89 (04-09-2023)