Notices

Looking for boat ideas

Old 05-04-2023, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
This one is less than your new $75K budget. Has A/C too.

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2004...dster-8256459/

These boats have a big wide/tall boat feel. Not bad with 496's either.
I have this one saved and it's pretty cool. I was wondering if it feels like a bigger cruiser than more of a speedster, I assumed they do. As far as everything other than speed I would imagine this does it well. With 496 HOs I would imagine it's not too slow either
The following 2 users liked this post by Lakeglider:
Smarty (05-05-2023), techman (05-05-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
You're going to buy a boat and than get a case of wanting something a bit bigger, usually it's about three foot longer. So why not go all in and look at this Cigarette. It may be one of the best boat available.
https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...un-o83091.html
​​​​​​ I'm sure you're right, no matter what I get I'll want something bigger lol. I would consider it if it was close to me but it's just too far away. It's out of my budget and I think it's too much boat for my truck. Maybe even too much for my lake(nah). I've been looking for a scarab or cigarette around 32-33 but there's nothing in my area. I feel like I would be good with something like that for a while.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:33 PM
Registered

Anyone know this boat?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=dXMIcH

I'm going to look at this one next week, anything I should look out for? I see the hours shown on those 500efi motors are over 450... Maybe time for a rebuild? Or at least a top end? 502 mags are supposed to last longer than these correct?
The following users liked this post:
Faster Daddy (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeglider
That's a good point. That scarab is so far away from me though. There's not much that I'm finding in my area that's really fitting the bill. I might look at the 28 victory tomorrow, it's at a broker. The 32 is in Arizona. I'm not wanting to drive so far but I may have to.

​​
Great Lake boats, really any northern fresh water boat usually well worth the drive. They really don't use their boat but for 3-4 months a year compared to like 6 for us and usually have heated storage. In TX we like to spend 6+ hours or overnight, we hang out floating like 85% of the time and the hot summer heat is more unforgiving so it's much harder on the cosmetics and interior. We also don't use heated storage most of the time. I bet you can get someone on here to volunteer their time to take a look before you spend the money to see it.
Old 05-05-2023, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I know the boat. PM me your number and I’ll give you a call.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Great Lake boats, really any northern fresh water boat usually well worth the drive. They really don't use their boat but for 3-4 months a year compared to like 6 for us and usually have heated storage. In TX we like to spend 6+ hours or overnight, we hang out floating like 85% of the time and the hot summer heat is more unforgiving so it's much harder on the cosmetics and interior. We also don't use heated storage most of the time. I bet you can get someone on here to volunteer their time to take a look before you spend the money to see it.
I hadn't considered that. There are a couple of boats I keep coming back to but the drive is less than ideal(possible 3 days each way).
Old 05-05-2023, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Faster Daddy
I know the boat. PM me your number and I’ll give you a call.
Pm sent
Old 05-05-2023, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeglider
Anyone know this boat?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=dXMIcH

I'm going to look at this one next week, anything I should look out for? I see the hours shown on those 500efi motors are over 450... Maybe time for a rebuild? Or at least a top end? 502 mags are supposed to last longer than these correct?
I own HP500EFI's.

If top ends have not been done yes they are ready, head gaskets used to go along with springs but they did not have as big of a cam as 525EFI's so were not as bad. If the cylinders look good when the heads are off no reason for the bottom ends, that doesn't fail on low HP BBC. I did my top ends (New springs, seats, couple guides) at 320ish hours. They have about 780 now and run fine. Leak down and compression was good 100 hours ago.

I know I am getting near the end but have picked up some 525 long blocks so will be building those and the plan will be to have them ready for when ever these things go bad, swap and keep going.
Old 05-05-2023, 07:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

This is owned by a very well respected oso member, “thisistank”. Low maintenance 496 power and hard to go past a Cigarette for rough water handling.

Cigarette Cafe Racer 35’

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...er-o82745.html

Happy shopping

RR
The following 2 users liked this post by rak rua:
madflavors26 (05-05-2023), techman (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I own HP500EFI's.

If top ends have not been done yes they are ready, head gaskets used to go along with springs but they did not have as big of a cam as 525EFI's so were not as bad. If the cylinders look good when the heads are off no reason for the bottom ends, that doesn't fail on low HP BBC. I did my top ends (New springs, seats, couple guides) at 320ish hours. They have about 780 now and run fine. Leak down and compression was good 100 hours ago.

I know I am getting near the end but have picked up some 525 long blocks so will be building those and the plan will be to have them ready for when ever these things go bad, swap and keep going.
Good info. I'll ask if any top end work has been done. Puling heads and dropping them at the machine shop isn't too bad of a job. I would like to make it through the season before I do it though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.