Notices

Looking for boat ideas

Old 05-05-2023, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
This is owned by a very well respected oso member, “thisistank”. Low maintenance 496 power and hard to go past a Cigarette for rough water handling.

Cigarette Cafe Racer 35’

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...er-o82745.html

Happy shopping

RR
That's a beautiful and looks to be well sorted boat. I like the power those 496 HOs make
Old 05-05-2023, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
This is owned by a very well respected oso member, “thisistank”. Low maintenance 496 power and hard to go past a Cigarette for rough water handling.

Cigarette Cafe Racer 35’

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...er-o82745.html

Happy shopping

RR
Being a 496 snob myself, if I were in the market, that boat would be in my driveway already.
The following users liked this post:
rak rua (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeglider
That's a beautiful and looks to be well sorted boat. I like the power those 496 HOs make
Tank keeps his stuff tip top is an understatement. If I were not $100k into the outdoor room addition on the house that listing would be gone but when the ol' lady wants something she usually gets it.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone tell me what's wrong with this boat. The upholstery needs to be replaced apparently but other than that I don't know why it hasn't sold. I keep coming back to it and if it were local I would already be there.
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1997-donzi-33-zx-8489988/

​​​​

The boat has a name that's blocked out, maybe to hide it's history? The engine hours are unknown, is there a way to look at the hours through the pcm? Maybe a surveyor could do that

Last edited by Lakeglider; 05-05-2023 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 862 Likes on 494 Posts

Someone tell me what's wrong with this boat. The upholstery needs to be replaced apparently but other than that I don't know why it hasn't sold. I keep coming back to it and if it were local I would already be there.

​​​​

The boat has a name that's blocked out, maybe to hide its ihistory? The engine hours are unknown, is there a way to look at the hours through the pcm? Maybe a surveyor could do that
Lakeglider,

Find a surveyor in the area and have it checked out. The location would indicate a freshwater boat, which would be a make-or-break for me if I were looking. I believe Rinda makes a Techmate for about every engine Merc makes/made with an ECM, and hours should be readable.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

​​​​

The boat has a name that's blocked out, maybe to hide it's history? The engine hours are unknown, is there a way to look at the hours through the pcm? Maybe a surveyor could do that
The name and registration numbers are blocked out by the broker so it's harder to find/contact the owner directly.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Look for a PQ 320SC. I don't think they made a ton of them but the one we had was super fun with great amenities. Not sure what they go for right now but new back in mid 2000's was about $200k, so id assume you could get one close to your budget.
Old 05-05-2023, 07:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

​​​​

The boat has a name that's blocked out, maybe to hide its history? The engine hours are unknown, is there a way to look at the hours through the pcm? Maybe a surveyor could do that
There may be nothing wrong with it but do lots of checks and homework before getting excited…..it’s listed with Poop Yachts!

Poop Yachts list 000’s of boats and some of their brokers are just clueless sales staff chasing a commission. They list boats through numerous websites all over the world and also multi list with other brokers.

As I said, it may be a great boat, just take some extra time. If it’s nearby, have look, or maybe a friend nearby can give it an initial once over.

RR​​​​​​…