Pick up and ship from Holland, MI? >

Pick up and ship from Holland, MI?

Notices

Pick up and ship from Holland, MI?

Old 05-17-2023, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 862 Likes on 494 Posts
Default Pick up and ship from Holland, MI?

Guys,

I’m in discussions to buy a prop from a guy in Holland, MI, but he doesn’t feel he’s got time to shop it. We’ve got our numbers worked out, but I don’t want to push the shipping thing. Are there are *REALLY COOL* boating buds in the area that could be bothered to ship it to me? I’d obviously compensate.

Let me know. PM me if willing/able. TIA.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

No time to ship it, meaning maybe a 30 minute trip to Fed Ex assuming it takes him 12 minutes each way to drive to the Fed Ex store? Seems like a bit of a weird response from somebody on the up and up trying to sell a good prop. You might want to put some information in this post of who this very busy person is to see if anyone is familiar with him.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 862 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
No time to ship it, meaning maybe a 30 minute trip to Fed Ex assuming it takes him 12 minutes each way to drive to the Fed Ex store? Seems like a bit of a weird response from somebody on the up and up trying to sell a good prop. You might want to put some information in this post of who this very busy person is to see if anyone is familiar with him.
MentalPause,

While I don't know this individual, personally, everything about our comms checks out. I'm comfortable sending the check. I also get the "very busy" aspect. As an owner of a small machining company, I can completely understand where he is coming from. Very often, the last thing I want to do after putting in a 14hr day is to spend an hour packing something up and driving to UPS. It's not so much that he absolutely has no time to go through the steps of shipping something. It's more about "He can sell it locally, and he's not in a panic to get it sold". While he's the seller, I am the one with the desire to buy it before someone else does. It's the right prop, in great shape, at the right price. If I want to make the sale on my own behalf, it is upon me make it happen before anyone else does. So, I was making provisions to work around the complication. At the end of the day, if nobody was willing or able to help out, it is what it is, and wasn't meant to be. No harm, no foul. The answer will always be "no" until you ask.

I'm pretty sure we've got it worked out. As it turns out, he was able to convince his wife to do the hand and leg work to ship it. I was maybe a bit jumpy in posting this, but I was eager to prevent it's selling out from under me.

All good.

Thanks. Brad.
The following users liked this post:
Wally (05-18-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 01:15 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 982 Likes on 497 Posts

It never hurts to ask and there are still plenty of good people out there to help each other out...i have shipped stuff for people and people have gotten me stuff as well! Hell one form member even picked up a waverunner for me!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!