Top speed run with B1 26 pitch >

Top speed run with B1 26 pitch

Notices

Top speed run with B1 26 pitch

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 1,271 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by PQ290Enticer
That would be awesome! Let me know where and when you can meet.
Thank you
They are out on loan again, but I'll get them back this week.
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 167 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
They are out on loan again, but I'll get them back this week.
My boat is back in my shop looking for an oil leak. Will probably put it back in on Friday. I really appreciate your offer. Using your props is the only way to check and verify my baseline.
Old Today, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PQ290Enticer
I have phenolic 1" spacers now. Everyone I watched and spoke to said the same thing you do. Always makes power. I did follow that procedure this time. Its not my profession and I could have messed it up I suppose but I was pretty careful.
The one i am talking about has dimples like a golf ball, the air speeds up i guess. They work, on my 509 bbc i went from a 1 inch wood spacer to the New spacer i am talking about and picked up 15hp at the same rpm. Crazy
The following users liked this post:
PQ290Enticer (Today)
Old Today, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you boat on southern lake michigan, I have a set of props I ran on my 290 around 550 each side. They are lobbed 28s with a little cup, done at mercury racing. Sitting on shelf. You could try. Be careful that hull doesn't like 73+. It will scare the crap out of you. I had hydraulic steering and larger tabs,didn't do a dam thing to settle her down over 75. Good luck
Old Today, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 167 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by slacker741
If you boat on southern lake michigan, I have a set of props I ran on my 290 around 550 each side. They are lobbed 28s with a little cup, done at mercury racing. Sitting on shelf. You could try. Be careful that hull doesn't like 73+. It will scare the crap out of you. I had hydraulic steering and larger tabs,didn't do a dam thing to settle her down over 75. Good luck
You are not wrong about this hull and your not the only one to say it either. I've only wound it up on the river in very low wind conditions and very little traffic. I have full hydraulic steering but the stock Bennett tabs. Still working on steering out of the chine walk as a natural response. My problem this year is less than 5 hrs of seat time. Thanks for the prop offer. Will have to see how it settles out. What speed did you run with yours? There's a guy by me claiming 600hp per side. No report on his speed.
Old Today, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure exact speed, it would bury the speedo, to be honest hull scared me,didn't spend alot of time there . 😂 but you are right on the money with your description of mid-range. The mid punch on that boat was ridiculous, I miss that.
The following users liked this post:
PQ290Enticer (Today)