Another Rockin’ Lake Cumberland Poker Run Is In The Books

Notices

Another Rockin’ Lake Cumberland Poker Run Is In The Books

Old 09-11-2023, 12:57 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 604 Likes on 291 Posts
Default Another Rockin’ Lake Cumberland Poker Run Is In The Books

Highlights from the 17th annual Lake Cumberland Poker Run in Kentucky.

https://www.speedonthewater.com/anot...s-in-the-books
The following 3 users liked this post by Jason Johnson:
ALL_IN! (09-14-2023), larslindroth (09-12-2023), Plowtownmissile (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

It was a blast and the weather was perfect except for a short 30 minute rain shower
Old 09-13-2023, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

So much fun. Although, the number of participants doesn't really say much anymore. I registered my cabin cruiser simply for a spot on the dock, which a lot of people now do. Back in the day all the registered participants use to pretty much all be performance boats. I feel like the party is getting better and better, but a lot of the big hardware doesn't seem to show up like it use to.
The following 2 users liked this post by PremierPOWER:
BrettM (09-13-2023), Plowtownmissile (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
So much fun. Although, the number of participants doesn't really say much anymore. I registered my cabin cruiser simply for a spot on the dock, which a lot of people now do. Back in the day all the registered participants use to pretty much all be performance boats. I feel like the party is getting better and better, but a lot of the big hardware doesn't seem to show up like it use to.
Agreed. I was surprised at the lack of big hardware also. On the bright side, the overall percentage of IO offshore boats on the lake was MUCH greater than OBs and fancy fishing boats were definitely in the minority
We came down to do the poker run but found out Thursday upon arrival that the docks were 21+yrs old in the evenings so we just ran the lake. Sucks they lost out on an entry fee because my teenagers that are an integral part of my crew aren't allowed.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,417 Posts

I`m sure people are turned off by the number of cops hassling people . It`s a police lake, if theyre trying to keep people out , it worked in my case .
Old 09-13-2023, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`m sure people are turned off by the number of cops hassling people . It`s a police lake, if theyre trying to keep people out , it worked in my case .
Except for the two that use Jamestown marina's docks as base camp, I only saw them in Harmon Creek (there was at least a half dozen patrol boats there) but not a one on the main channel from the dam to up past Conley Bottoms that I saw. We put in at Holcomb ramp at the day each day and never saw them there which surprised me as busy as it was.