Notices

New Hummer EV Reservation

Old 10-17-2023, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 218 Posts

I thought the EVs weren’t selling that well.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 422 Likes on 282 Posts

A 2 years old 10-15 000 miles chevy bolt still sells for 5-7 k above new car price!

i am delivering bolts ordered 18 months ago
and i have over 300 more sold orders customers will never get! Or maybe when the new model 25 will be out

till then, i dont see why hummer would nt be similar since we have WAY much more reservations than what we will be able to order!
The following users liked this post:
SB (10-17-2023)
Old 10-17-2023, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

What is the range on a EV hummer?
Old 10-18-2023, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
I thought the EVs weren’t selling that well.
At the moment the industry wide days supply of EVs is double that of ICE vehicles. They are selling very well in certain regions (warm climates and/or high fuel prices) and very poorly in others.
Old 10-18-2023, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 422 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
At the moment the industry wide days supply of EVs is double that of ICE vehicles. They are selling very well in certain regions (warm climates and/or high fuel prices) and very poorly in others.
in my area it is roughly 12-15 % state wise, but my dealer is right at 40% ytd
The following users liked this post:
Plowtownmissile (10-18-2023)
Old 10-18-2023, 06:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
A 2 years old 10-15 000 miles chevy bolt still sells for 5-7 k above new car price!

and i have over 300 more sold orders customers will never get! Or maybe when the new model 25 will be out

till then, i dont see why hummer would nt be similar since we have WAY much more reservations than what we will be able to order!
While not inaccurate, that's a heavily slanted statement on EV demand. Luxury EV demand has taken a huge hit this year. A more accurate statement industry wide is that overall new vehicle demand is still more than the supply. It's nowhere near what it was last couple years though.
We have more orders for Corvettes and SUVs out of Arlington than we can possibly build also. Same goes with Ford and the Super Duty trucks which is 20k+ units behind the order books every year. Not to mention Maverick orders were/are 2 years behind on delivery. On the flip side, certain models have strong availability with a much longer days supply (half ton trucks).
Bottom line: demand for vehicles varies greatly depending on regions/models.
Old 10-18-2023, 06:31 AM
Registered

in my area it is roughly 12-15 % state wise, but my dealer is right at 40% ytd
Which area? Just curious. I work for GM corporate (formerly with Ford corporate) so it's always interesting to hear dealership stats. I'd wager you're definitely not in Texas or Oklahoma 🙂

Last edited by Plowtownmissile; 10-18-2023 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-18-2023, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 953 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
While not inaccurate, that's a heavily slanted statement on EV demand. Luxury EV demand has taken a huge hit this year. A more accurate statement industry wide is that overall new vehicle demand is still more than the supply. It's nowhere near what it was last couple years though.
We have more orders for Corvettes and SUVs out of Arlington than we can possibly build also. Same goes with Ford and the Super Duty trucks which is 20k+ units behind the order books every year. Not to mention Maverick orders were/are 2 years behind on delivery. On the flip side, certain models have strong availability with a much longer days supply (half ton trucks).
Bottom line: demand for vehicles varies greatly depending on regions/models.

Mullinax is a local Ford dealer (South/Central FL) has 4 locations and show 753 F150 in stock (6 of which are new 2022s, the rest 2023s). When the factories return to work and start building 2024's that is going to be a ton of leftover 2023's to unload. In addition they have 31 Lightnings. They are offering $2500 in rebates (one being aged inventory rebate) and 1.9% financing for 36 months. I can't see that boosting sales on expensive trucks but once the factory returns to work then they will have to discount this stuff heavily.
Old 10-18-2023, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 953 Likes on 513 Posts

A bolt is affordable to almost anyone. A 100K Hummer is not.

If you pay sales tax on the Hummer and sell it for 7K over MSRP you would likely break even. I wouldn't order a 100K truck trying to make 10% unless it was a truck I would keep and drive if the market crashes.
I don't like them so easy decision for me!
Old 10-18-2023, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Mullinax is a local Ford dealer (South/Central FL) has 4 locations and show 753 F150 in stock (6 of which are new 2022s, the rest 2023s). When the factories return to work and start building 2024's that is going to be a ton of leftover 2023's to unload. In addition they have 31 Lightnings. They are offering $2500 in rebates (one being aged inventory rebate) and 1.9% financing for 36 months. I can't see that boosting sales on expensive trucks but once the factory returns to work then they will have to discount this stuff heavily.
Agreed.
The majority of full size trucks (especially diesels) are shipped to Florida, Texas, and Oklahoma dealers so you'll definitely get better deals in those states. As you'd expect, EVs are big in California (high fuel prices and warm weather). I've had a few people ask me where to get a new Corvette without markup. I told them about a dealership on the east coast that gets the most allocations and sure enough they got them for MSRP.

Former colleagues that I keep in touch with work for other OEM companies (Stellantis, Tesla, Volvo, Lucid, BMW, Nissan, Rivian, Michelin, etc) though so it's interesting to hear what's going on at the other companies. 98% of people in the corporate automotive industry aren't "car guys" which years ago kind of shocked me at first. For nearly all it's just a job. The majority of them that are "car guys" are young engineers.
The following 2 users liked this post by Plowtownmissile:
sutphen 30 (10-18-2023), Wildman_grafix (10-18-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.