‘Over The Top’ 44-Foot Statement Center Console In Production

Notices

‘Over The Top’ 44-Foot Statement Center Console In Production

Old 03-08-2024, 05:39 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
People will view it as an inferior product....there will be that perception.
Why?
Old 03-08-2024, 12:08 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 162 Likes on 69 Posts

assembled in the USA
The following users liked this post:
Ryanw10 (03-08-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
I’d be prepared to bet IF the reason is to reduce their costs, those savings will not be passed on to the buyers.
Uhh, yeah that's called capitalism. If they are staying busy, filling orders, and maintaining quality, why on earth should they pass on those savings to customers LMAO? Clearly that means they are competitive in their market and people are willing to pay.
Nate5.0 (03-08-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Uhh, yeah that's called capitalism. If they are staying busy, filling orders, and maintaining quality, why on earth should they pass on those savings to customers LMAO? Clearly that means they are competitive in their market and people are willing to pay.
Because everyone wants something cheap or at a discount and doesn't care if the company has or can make a profit. However damned if someone wanted to make sure their paycheck was a small as possible though
Old 03-08-2024, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
assembled in the USA
Last I checked they never where the "made/born/manufacturered in the USA" company, I must have missed that banner. People just feel some time of way when things aren't though
Old 03-08-2024, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 499 Likes on 273 Posts

get used to it guys everyone will be forced to do this soon in canada they are going after paint thinners and spray cans its coming here the EPA has way to much power they just put a local good guy away for 5 years and huge fines for modifying trucks(southern diesel), trawlers, sailboats, most yachts have been doing this for many years they import the finished hull then install running gear here in the us.....the hull quality is actually very good now we all see whats coming down the road so many companies are setting up offshored shops so they are immune to being shutdown..... its just the way it is today whether we like it or knot!
Old 03-08-2024, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

A good thread about a new product coming to the market gets hijacked by ignorance. The world is full of surprises, and this new facility in Brazil might just set a new standard for high quality baot building in a 3rd world country. Nick and Randy would never decide to completely outsource the construction like a widget manufacturer using China. Randy is overseeing the factory. We can focus on the craftsmanship and innovation this builder is bringing to the table and not preconceived notions founded in ignorance.
The following 3 users liked this post by Poker Face Xtreme:
Matt Trulio (03-14-2024), Nate5.0 (03-08-2024), Tropical Buzz (03-14-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

The high-performance boat market is really the only segment that has not accepted foreign built boats. I'm not saying that all foreign built boats are great quality but look at pretty much every other market (except sportfish) and the highest quality boats are coming from other parts of the world.
The following 3 users liked this post by 302Sport:
Cain8768 (03-18-2024), Interceptor (03-08-2024), Nate5.0 (03-08-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
The high-performance boat market is really the only segment that has not accepted foreign built boats. I'm not saying that all foreign built boats are great quality but look at pretty much every other market (except sportfish) and the highest quality boats are coming from other parts of the world.
Good points. I am not slagging anyone for wanting to make a buck by building something overseas. But as you pointed out the HP boat industry is one sector that is still very much a domestic American industry - and I know people who work in that very-American industry. I just hate to think that ten years from now that those domestic boat building jobs could be long gone having been shipped to Brazil or Mexico. For that reason I hope that this venture doesn't save a dime by building these boats overseas.
Old 03-09-2024, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport

You may very well be correct, but, are they being built in Brazil?

Some countries are renowned for their workmanship, discipline, standards etc……is Brazil one of those?

As a general rule from a global perspective Made in USA will not fill people with confidence about the build quality. But I’d say these types of boat at this price point do.

Can only imagine how greater the negative voice would be if a 22 year old CEO of another company made this decision.

PigNaPoke (03-09-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.