Notices

my short list so far...

Old 12-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Uncle Toys

I thought JM94’s first post was as out of line as anyone, but she has apologized. So…shouldn’t we all accept the apology and move on?

Dreamer, the Outerlimits is looking damn good. Let me know if your not going to pursue it, I might.

Old 12-04-2002, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my short list so far...

I see what boats you are looking at , The Red cigarette, we did most the work on. The dash stations where both replaced with newer style dashes.Both motors where made fresh by Innovation we put them in. I know the well. We also have some Cigarettes on our site too that are priced nearly the same.www.tmoffshore.com. As far as JM94 posted, I appoligize. She has had a bad few weeks , She is a great gal. She did repond a few times even with PMs to dreamer,With no response back.Its frustrating to want to help some people, and you try and you get ignored. Funny thing is, she knows about a few boats for sale in his price range, nice Cigaarettes. And she might be PMSing too. I dont know. I guess to have knowledge to pass on and it goes ignored can frustrate individuals. I can understand this frustration. As far as Dreamer , you are kinda all over the board with looking at boats, and some have to wonder? And a boat on the web may be much different in person. If you serious, Call me at MartinOffshore, we know most of the cigs out there,and most of them your looking at we have worked on at one time or another. There are many clean Cigs out there that you may not know of, so Correspond with others Via Phone, Some boats we have are in like new condition for the year, a web picture does them no justice. Thanks Tres P.S. Do be so hard on JM she meant no harm, and said she sorry, more than most people would do.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:20 AM
Uncle Toys

Tres, you don’t need to apologize for JM94. She apologized sincerely and without excuses. Anyone that wouldn’t accept that – well it would be a reflection on their character rather than hers.

Regarding Dreamers dreaming. Well, isn’t that the basic objective of this board? OSO is a place for boaters or potential boaters to go and communicate, discuss and dream with other like-minded individuals around the globe. We understand that this is a commercial enterprise and is paid for with advertisements. Also, we understand that these advertisers want to make sales. But none of us are under any obligation!

On the other hand, any commercial enterprise that decides this is fruitful territory for them, is also under no obligation.

At any time, either party can simply move their curser to the top right of their screen and click on “X”.

Just my two cents.

Old 12-04-2002, 09:52 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Uncle Toys I am sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. If I remember correctly you are a broker? What position in your company would your guys have if they treated a customer like this? Especially in this economy!!! If I had a employee do something like this to my costomers then I would fire them instantly. I am not telling Tres that is what he has to do that is his decision however as TooOld has stated WORDS CAN NOT be taken back or just deleted. Tres's responce is ok to the situation is ok but lacking a true apology to the potential buyer. Again if he does not want to give one then that is his choice not mine. For a sales person to get frustrated is understandable. HOWEVER for them to lash out at a customer....... UNACCEPTABLE and INNEXCUSABLE. I charge my customers to make a estimate to make sure they are serious, it can take me from 8-80 hours to put together some of the estimates. If I do not get the job that is a lot of time lost. Do you think I would think to traet some one like this? OUCH. is all I have to say. Live and learn I guess but serioulsy if I was Dreamer you would never see me walk in your doors ever again. Although ya never know He could feel bad and work his ass off to help ya out after this incident.

Jon

Last edited by Audiofn; 12-04-2002 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:19 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

FWIW I post rarely to threads such as this, but felt compelled to this time. Dreamer, you are engaged in the purchase of a new(to you) boat. You are researching many different brokerages, dealerships and individuals boats. It should be a time of much excitement and with a certain amount of trepidation. Your decision will be partly based upon the opinions of people on this board and other research I am sure you have done. Because one person may have lashed out in a time of frustration should not blind some to the fact that we ALL make mistakes. Forgiveness is a commodity that has far reaching reprercussions. We each have our own opinions on such matters, I believe each with their own merits. I would tend to believe in your case, this could possibly be a strengthening asset for you. An apology was given, a sincere one I believe, and the person invloved, given the circumstances, may work extremely hard to accomodate your needs. With all the choices you have to make, a reliable host could be very valuable. Good luck with the boat purchase, you have picked some awesome boats, it is going to be a tough decision.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:30 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 536 Posts

why dont you go for the gold!!! Heres a 42 Fountain thats in teh ballpark for ya!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=26432

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Uncle Toys

Audio – Minor correction, I am not a broker (only a statement of fact, not offering an opinion on brokers).

Regarding “WORDS CAN NOT be taken back.” Personally, I hope they can! At least I would like to see us develop our board in such a way that if one of us makes a mistake, we can apologize for it and move on. Obviously, if it becomes habitual, different measures would need to be taken.

Now I’m up to three cents - D’oh!

Old 12-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

Default For the Record

Yes agree its hard to remove what has been spoken, Yes a formal appology as been remitted, and it was sincere. A lot of you dont know JM94, She is the hardest working woman I have met, she puts in many hours of devotion to our Biz. She is the sole person responsible for creating our web site too! which she takes great pride in it , and does a great job here helping manage this biz,(not to mention she works 2 other jobs too! I dont know how she does it)When she gets on the board, she feels compelled to help others, in which case she has followed Dreamer and even reponded, also with PMs . She is well aware of what boats are for sale out there, and knows what is on our site for sale too!She does alot of research. She felt that Dreamer would start another post before he finished another. Asking everyone to tell you what to buy bring alot of confussion, She reconized that. And its a lot of boats accross the board back forth. If the money is there, go find your boat and buy it. I understand this is a public forum, and not everyone is going like what other people post, I myself in the past was slammed for post I have done. everyone does it sometime. Has Dreamer looked real hard at the boats is looking for? I dont think so. I never got a call in the last 2 weeks from him and I get calls everyday, because we have so many cigarettes listed. So you can see why some would wonder.

You can lead horses to the water, but you cant make them drink! BUT THE SMART ONES ALWAYS DO!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tres; 12-04-2002 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My take on things...

I sold dreamer my 28 last year and he was looking a 3 different boats up until the day he bought mine. In fact gave me a couple of the listings when I picked him up at the airport.

I watched him post multiple messages up until the day he bought my boat...inquiring about others at the same time...it was frustrating for me because he said he wanted the boat and then looked at others...

The bottom line is buying habits can vary from one person to the next. In this tight market, you need to be patient and cool. There's alot of crap for sale and there's alot of nice stuff for sale and you can't force someone to buy crap.

Dreamer dreams...that's what he does...as most of us do, but the difference is, he's got the money...it was never a problem when he bought my boat. So he asks a bunch of questions...if you have the right boat and the right deal, you'll get a sale.

Sean
Old 12-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Registered

In business, you're only as good as your weakest link. And though we are communicating through e-mail, we're essentially having a conversation with each other. Let's think about it, in JM94's case, she was having a conversation with a potential customer. At what point do you consciously tell said potential customer, 'I understand you're looking for a $150K boat. Oh, you're looking at other boats too and are still undecided on moving forward. Well then, f**k you!!'

You say sorry for late deliveries. You say sorry for incorrect invoicing. You say sorry for quality problems.

If perception is reality, and it is, TM Offshore just took a heavy shot to the bow because not only did she say it to Dreamer, she said it to all of us who may need help from someone like Tres in the future!

Ricochet.

Quick Reply: my short list so far...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.