Notices

Swim Ladder

Old 04-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 477 Likes on 277 Posts

I definitely would NOT recommend climbing up on the drives of a staggered setup. Props are likely razor-sharp, and one slip could be a really bad and bloody mess. Most Cig's I've seen had a platform bolted to the back, some even have a side framework that that can function as a ladder.
I know what you are saying on agility, I have an older Fountain with no ladder, never been an issue for me to step on tie bar and pull myself up. Not so for passengers and getting harder for me. I bought a ladder off of a deck boat at a garage sale, had a plate made for it and currently waiting on a shop to fabricate a hook assembly to hang the ladder from a grab handle it put on the back of the boat years ago. Still in the testing phase, but sometimes you have to be creative.
Follow "Tank, back in the saddle" and his new boat Runnin With The Devil, you can see how the platform is attached on the side. Step on the tab, the side of the platform then up onto the platform. When sitting in the water, that is a pretty easy step up. IMHO.

Last edited by Helmwurst; 04-18-2024 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Last comment
The following users liked this post:
bulletbob (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 353 Likes on 177 Posts

Talk to Livorsi they have a real nice ladder set up that is removable. They sell small receptacles that you mount on the boat, they will accept many different items such as a ladder, rings for fenders etc. I looked at them at the Miami boat show and Mike Livorsi said they will be available. This would give you the option of location and allows you to remove it when you don't need it.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
I definitely would NOT recommend climbing up on the drives of a staggered setup. Props are likely razor-sharp, and one slip could be a really bad and bloody mess. Most Cig's I've seen had a platform bolted to the back, some even have a side framework that that can function as a ladder.
I know what you are saying on agility, I have an older Fountain with no ladder, never been an issue for me to step on tie bar and pull myself up. Not so for passengers and getting harder for me. I bought a ladder off of a deck boat at a garage sale, had a plate made for it and currently waiting on a shop to fabricate a hook assembly to hang the ladder from a grab handle it put on the back of the boat years ago. Still in the testing phase, but sometimes you have to be creative.
Follow "Tank, back in the saddle" and his new boat Runnin With The Devil, you can see how the platform is attached on the side. Step on the tab, the side of the platform then up onto the platform. When sitting in the water, that is a pretty easy step up. IMHO.
Helmwurst,

Again, fair enough point. I guess I was going on the presumption of Bravos, as OP didn't specify, but I guess it stands to reason that, given staggered, they would likely be upgraded outdrives. 'Nuff said.

But this does beg the question.... We've seen a number of pics of these boats without ladders. OP mentioned two. Tank just bought a Cig that, near as I can tell, doesn't have a ladder (I could be wrong). What are these owners doing for getting back in their boats? Are they using a hanging ladder? Are they, indeed, climbing the outdrives? Genuine question.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Once again, you’re commenting on something you have no clue about. Not even close to a 20 something power quest. Why don’t you go check out www.shhh.com and spew garbage there.
IGetWet,

I shall not, public forum, 1st Amendment and all. We can work out... Whatever this is you've got going on.... off to the side if you'd like. PM me. But stop wrecking threads in the name of bravado.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, for all your suggestions.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

I went without a ladder in my last twin engine boat and didn't see a need for one either until my mom slipped off the tie bar and cut herself on the standard bravo mirage props so your passenger is at risk even without clever props and once your passenger gets sliced like that it will really shorten your day on the water.
The following 2 users liked this post by TexomaPowerboater:
TeamSaris (04-18-2024), Wildman_grafix (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 01:08 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 880 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I went without a ladder in my last twin engine boat and didn't see a need for one either until my mom slipped off the tie bar and cut herself on the standard bravo mirage props so your passenger is at risk even without clever props and once your passenger gets sliced like that it will really shorten your day on the water.
Happened to one of my guests too, she had to get stitches and has a permanent scar.