Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Heads up:  Manning Marine Trailers; closing doors for now... >

Heads up: Manning Marine Trailers; closing doors for now...

Notices

Heads up: Manning Marine Trailers; closing doors for now...

Old 05-05-2024, 01:04 AM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

good fuxking riddance!!!!! i purchased the first and second aluminum trailer they built. first one was such a piece of crap it was unusable that a new one had to be made, and even then i had others do the work manning couldnt seem to do right.

years later i was put through the same bs that people complain about , no answered calls , no return calls , loosing my order, not even remembering what i needed even though my trailer was there just two weeks ago.

i grew up just a mile down the road from them. the area is full of light industrial businesses that are well cared for with nice lawns and landscaping. then theres manning a complete disaster that would only look like it fits in the bombed out areas of detroit. easily the most uncared for, un cleaned, disorganized place ive ever been in. i cant even think of words that accurately describe that ****hole.

not to mention they had no visible way for welding fumes to be exhausted or a paint booth to to paint in. both required by MI law.

The following 3 users liked this post by SABER28:
105Fountain (05-05-2024), ICDEDPPL (05-05-2024), Nykamp (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 42 Posts

Yep, they completely f'ed up a customers custom ordered trailer, worst fitting trailer I've ever seen, came the wrong color also. I would Never use them.

Last edited by Nykamp; 05-05-2024 at 05:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nykamp:
105Fountain (05-05-2024), SABER28 (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 620 Likes on 250 Posts

Being the Brand is Krap the only value would be their supplier list and most of all their patterns for hull bottoms
Old 05-05-2024, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

if you could trust the patterns. mine was supposedly made to their pattern from prior sabers but that didnt stop mine from sitting on the fenders and in spots seeing a 1/2 inch gap between the boat and the fenders.
The following users liked this post:
tommymonza (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 620 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by SABER28
if you could trust the patterns. mine was supposedly made to their pattern from prior sabers but that didnt stop mine from sitting on the fenders and in spots seeing a 1/2 inch gap between the boat and the fenders.
Hard to believe they can Phuck up a standard non step hull fitting.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanw10
I left a message on Facebook and a voicemail. I would like to know if purchasing is even an option, or that someone will actually be at the location before I make the drive out.

if you get there around 9:30ish am i can almost guarantee Matt or Ron will be there. i've been there 4 times in the last 3 months and they both have been there every time
Old 05-05-2024, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 238 Likes on 94 Posts

I am not defending Matt's, or his mothers, communication skills in any way. I will say this, I have 15 boats on trailers right now. I have several trailers from Myco, Integrity, Strongback, Ameritrail, and Manning (all alum). I ordered the Manning's for my 32 DW, 38 DW, and 42 DW. The extrusion that they use is 30% thicker then my Myco that holds the 36 DW. Everything about it is better when I compare them side by side. We ordered extra lights, Matt make the drive protector as we wanted, the boat is supported on the spray rails, has a better tunnel guide for loading, and everything is 100% welded. Ever since Bill sold Myco, I have been disappointed with price and quality. It was not easy dealing with them but I have zero complaints about the finished products I have purchased. -I think we have bought 12 cat trailers from them in last 4 years.

Its my understanding that they were renting that shed for all these years (which is mind blowing). I don't think that Matt has the desire or drive to keep things going-his dad has always been the driving force. I wish them well in whatever they end up doing.

Joe

Last edited by JPEROG; 05-05-2024 at 10:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JPEROG:
Perfect Storm (05-06-2024), Taboma (05-07-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SKammeraad
if you get there around 9:30ish am i can almost guarantee Matt or Ron will be there. i've been there 4 times in the last 3 months and they both have been there every time
We got a hold of them via Facebook messenger and phone. Supposedly he owned the building and has now sold it. His son? Matt? Referred to in the last post, from what were were told quit in 2020. The name, the prints, and the equipment could be for sale. Have not got much information beyond that yet
Old 05-06-2024, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd say that's a wrap for Manning Trailers
Old 05-06-2024, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 86 Likes on 41 Posts
Default qB

Originally Posted by SKammeraad
I was never told they weren't physically there, I was told they were "unavailable".

I quit chasing them, because it was obvious they were ducking me, which meant I was going to have to sue them, which I was reluctant to do. Now, playing Monday morning QB, I shouldn't have worried about how it would look for me to sue a customer and local business.

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.