Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers >

Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Notices

Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Old 12-05-2002, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you may know, I used to run APBA Divisionals in Buffalo that were good races. And I firmly believe that Divisional Events are the basic core of offshore, and a great starting point for new racers. As far as I know, the N.E. APBA is still around, but dorment. The person to contact is Stan Fitts ([email protected]) for more info.
As for my involvment, just doing Poker Runs for now. (Raced and chaired for35 years. That's enough for now, we need some new blood out there.) The Toys For Tots Run is my Charity thing, and is not complicated or political, if you know what I mean.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strike,Thanks for responding! If The Jersey Boyz can help you with your cause,let me know,I'll see what we can do and we would still value any input you could send our way,Thanks. Bruce,your a nut!................Regards to all,Augie
Old 12-05-2002, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Augie

The website for TOYs For Tots Run is: WNY FUN RUN
Attached Thumbnails Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers-toys-tots.gif  
Old 12-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Smittymarine

Boyz Boyz Boyz, I'm off the computer for two days, and I miss all the fun. WWWWWWAAAAAAAZZZUUUUPPPPP. Keep up the good word. Lots of input flowing in. Picked up a few more new boats just this week. Present count 32 P boats and climbing. Want to put together races with the NE APBA boyz. Anyone interested please Email [email protected]. NEED BIG NUMBERS! Lets make the Northeast Dominate Offshore. The home of Big Water Racing. I will post tomorrow the date of our first meeting of the 2003 season. All are invited to attend. Ed

Old 12-05-2002, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

You should first move this post over to the Racers Round UP area so it doesn't get lost in general disscussion.As for rules they should only be made buy the boats that are comitting to running with you buy a group vote.If it is for fun then why not run only 3 classes P1,P2 and P3. Simple is better and less rules are best for this kind of having fun (I mean racing).Try pulling in poker run boats! Shorten up the milage so the weekend warrior can run with out killing his boat.Or only have 1 class for all and dont call it a race but a boat blast or something.Every poker run guy talks about how he beat the other guy to the next stop.The other guy sayes he wasnt ready or his wife was on the boat or he would have showed you.If you make it easy for these guys and shorter they should come.You know who you are racing in the pits before the race and who has a equal boat to you.The fans dont Know the #'s or letters any way.NO MORE TROPHYS FOR 15 BOATS OUT OF 20 PARTICIPANTS.Keep it as local as possable.
Randy
Old 12-05-2002, 01:43 PM
Registered

Ed..you know me, Vin and the Big Red Boat are in!!..look forward to the meeting...

Marty
Old 12-05-2002, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Strike,I'll take care of it,Thanks.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Randy,make sure you contact Eddie for the meeting! You are right about making up the rules,thats what part of this meeting is about,the racers getting their voices and concerns heard and we are also trying to get the Southeast division involved with us and us with them,and as always,any feedback and input from you and Glen would be very helpful,later. .......Augie
Old 12-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

See you there
Old 12-05-2002, 03:35 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Just a thought guys...........................

Now is the time for a restart of a true startup class.....single engine outboard. There are literally hundreds of them in the northeast from 20-24 feet....and it is the least expensive way in.

T2x.........

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.