Exhaust water spots/cleaner

Notices

Exhaust water spots/cleaner

Old 06-27-2024, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 559 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
That's it, but I'm pretty sure its way cheaper at your local Walmart.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 559 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Griff,

This stuff kinda like Mother's?

Thanks. Brad.
If your referring to the Mothers polish in the small round container, then no its not the same at all. White Diamond does not have the grit like Mothers polish does, so its safe for mirror polished surfaces.
The following users liked this post:
Brad Christy (06-29-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 12:07 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,950 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Yep, it was recommended by several people on one of the Saleen Mustang FB pages. I got it at Autozone for the same price

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Griff,

This stuff kinda like Mother's?

Thanks. Brad.
More of a liquid than Mother's and you use way less. It took probably an ounce to do all 4 of these wheels. I was using Mother's prior to finding out about White Diamond

The following 3 users liked this post by Griff:
87MirageIntruder (06-28-2024), ICDEDPPL (06-28-2024), TomZ (07-02-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 12:11 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,950 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by bencini231
That's it, but I'm pretty sure its way cheaper at your local Walmart.
Just looked. $2 a bottle cheaper
Old 07-02-2024, 04:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 283 Likes on 118 Posts

I use spray lime away, spray on and let it sit for minute and rinse off.
Old 07-02-2024, 07:21 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 563 Posts

Ok i was at my local Menards (like a home depot if your not familiar) and as always i stroll through the automotive isle just to see what else i don't need to buy..... and this white bottle catches my eye and what do ya know its the White Diamonds....same price as Wallyworld....picked it up and decided to try it out on an oxidized aluminum threshold for my garage side door. I'm Impressed! For as bad as it was, it did clean it up fairly good...not 100% and i wasn't expecting that from how bad it looked, but it did A LOT better than i thought it would do! I'm gonna have to find some other things to try it out on but so far I'm liking it
And it does seem to leave a coating or something when done....the polished aluminum seems ever so slightly darker then what a typical polish would do i think....time will tell how it holds up

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wally:
Griff (07-02-2024), ICDEDPPL (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
I use spray lime away, spray on and let it sit for minute and rinse off.
Originally Posted by Wally
Ok i was at my local Menards (like a home depot if your not familiar) and as always i stroll through the automotive isle just to see what else i don't need to buy..... and this white bottle catches my eye and what do ya know its the White Diamonds....same price as Wallyworld....picked it up and decided to try it out on an oxidized aluminum threshold for my garage side door. I'm Impressed! For as bad as it was, it did clean it up fairly good...not 100% and i wasn't expecting that from how bad it looked, but it did A LOT better than i thought it would do! I'm gonna have to find some other things to try it out on but so far I'm liking it
And it does seem to leave a coating or something when done....the polished aluminum seems ever so slightly darker then what a typical polish would do i think....time will tell how it holds up
I'm still looking for something that will more easily remove baked on carbon/soot from polished stainless exhaust tips. I picked up a bottle of the WhiteDiamond. Gonna give it a shot here in the next day or two.

The exhaust tips were spotless when we bought the boat. The carbon/soot didn't show up until the performance started to drop off. I really thought getting the injectors worked out, and the stage 2 Whipple tune (that is supposed to reduce the dreaded 496 transom soot) would make this problem go away.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 07-02-2024, 08:36 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BioKleen Black Streak Remover then Hull cleaner. Do one then rinse do the other then rinse repeat if necessary until back to shinny surface.
The following users liked this post:
ICDEDPPL (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 4,916 Likes on 1,389 Posts

Searching for Biokleen Black streak remover I ran across 303 product.. didn`t know they made that .. usully their products are pretty good .

Amazon Amazon