Notices

Small 12v Vacuum

Old 07-09-2024, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 665 Posts
Default Small 12v Vacuum

Guys,

Getting our boat in our driveway usually requires I pull the boat under a handful of low-lying limbs that I don't have authority to trim, and I always end up with a bunch of crap in the boat, since I've usually got the cover off by that time.

Any recommendations for a small 12v vacuum we can keep on the boat for quick cleanup? Don't really need/want cordless/rechargeable; 12v plug-in style is fine. I've been looking, and can't find one that doesn't look/review like a PoS.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 07-09-2024, 05:04 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 551 Posts

I upgraded the Dyson cordless vac in the house, and put it in my RV. I'd do the same for my boat; but boatless for the time being.
For the old one that is now in my RV, I bought the converter off of Amazon that allows me to use my 18V cordless tool batteries to power the Dyson. Then I don't have to worry about it being plugged in all the time.
The following users liked this post:
TomZ (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 06:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 137 Posts

I have all milwaukee cordless power tools so I bought the small vacuum that they make since I already have a sh!tpile of batteries lol. It's small and very impressive when it comes to suction. All of the mainstream companies make them like dewalt and kobalt etc. I know you said you didn't want that style but if you already have the tools/batteries seems like a no brainer to add a vacuum to the lineup. Just my .02
The following 2 users liked this post by BBYSTWY:
Sydwayz (07-10-2024), TomZ (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 07:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
I have all milwaukee cordless power tools so I bought the small vacuum that they make since I already have a sh!tpile of batteries lol. It's small and very impressive when it comes to suction. All of the mainstream companies make them like dewalt and kobalt etc. I know you said you didn't want that style but if you already have the tools/batteries seems like a no brainer to add a vacuum to the lineup. Just my .02
BBYSTWY,

I don't hate this idea. I'd prefer to just plug it into the 12v socket whenever we need to use it, but I have bought into the Kobalt system, and have the batteries at home in Dayton and at the place on Cumberland. Lowe's does have just such an option available. Hmmmmm...

Thanks. Brad.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:28 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 563 Posts

you have branches overhanging YOUR property and you cant trim them??? My neighbor used to have about 6 pine trees right on the property line on her side. When i first moved in i "lightly" trimmed the branches on my side as they were coming way to close to my truck when i was rolling down the driveway. I got the stink eye but nothing more....then when i put up a 6' fence i went to town and butchered the trees that were on my side of the property....she complained about how bad it looked and i told her the trees were causing damage to my property and if she wants to fix things id be glad to give her the bills starting with the detailing bill of my truck for $250 to get the tree sap off. Never heard about it again

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wally:
ICDEDPPL (07-11-2024), TomZ (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 268 Likes on 145 Posts

Like the Milwaukee but Dewalt.
I have the DCV501HB.
I have all the Dewalt tools and batteries.
It REALLY SUCKS.
Have a lot of attachments that help.
BUT...it does drain batteries pretty quick compared to other tools.
Otherwise I have a couple small Craftsman 2.5 gallon shop vacs.
They have low enough draw to run through smaller invertors.
TYPHOON (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wally
you have branches overhanging YOUR property and you cant trim them??? My neighbor used to have about 6 pine trees right on the property line on her side. When i first moved in i "lightly" trimmed the branches on my side as they were coming way to close to my truck when i was rolling down the driveway. I got the stink eye but nothing more....then when i put up a 6' fence i went to town and butchered the trees that were on my side of the property....she complained about how bad it looked and i told her the trees were causing damage to my property and if she wants to fix things id be glad to give her the bills starting with the detailing bill of my truck for $250 to get the tree sap off. Never heard about it again
Wally,

No. They are trees that are in an “island” in the middle of what we refer to as the “bubble across the street” that is in front of our house. Sometimes I pull through the loop and pull into the driveway, and sometimes I pull into the loop directly in front of our driveway and back the boat in. But, either way, I always drag the boat under/through branches that I am not at authority to cut, as they are city owned, and end up with a bunch of seed-like thingies and leaves and crap in the boat. Truthfully, I could probably cut them, and nobody would say anything, but I could also use a decent vacuum for the boat, too, so….

Thanks. Brad.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:50 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 563 Posts

Ah i see......then i would have a buddy hiding in the boat with pruners and drive extra slow as you pass under them and have them cut accordingly

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
ICDEDPPL (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 477 Likes on 277 Posts

I used to have a small handheld Dirt Devil that had a rotary brush and a small bag that you could dump out. I dropped it one day and it broke the plastic housing the held the roller. I've gone Shark for everything in the house now, so you might see if you can find a small appliance like that. The Dirt Devil had about a 20' cord on it.
RSCHAP1 (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wally
Ah i see......then i would have a buddy hiding in the boat with pruners and drive extra slow as you pass under them and have them cut accordingly
Wally,

Hell.... I've got an old-school, telescoping tree trimmer, and I could walk across the street and just do it. I highly doubt anybody would even blink. The bulk of the problem is that I never think about it until I'm rolling up on the situation with boat in tow, and then get pissed when I have to sweep the boat out by hand. The reality is just that we could really use a small vacuum for the boat, and this issue is what always brings it to mind.

I'm gonna go look at the Kobalt one at Lowe's and see how big it is in "handheld" configuration. I'm still leaning toward a 12v plug-in style, though.

Thanks. Brad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.