Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread. >

The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread.

Notices

The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread.

Old Today, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 1,024 Likes on 380 Posts

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/p...28/id/1182110/

You had to look to Australia for your RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA obsession??
Why not someone closer to home who gets it? And coincidentally contributes the highest % of their GDP to NATO.

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; Today at 05:17 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Hoodoo 2.0:
ICDEDPPL (Today), offshore2 (Today), TomZ (Today), Twin O/B Sonic (Today), Wally (Today)
Old Today, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 542 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
But what surprised me is he said that in particular the right wing of the Republican party is very sympathetic to Vladimir Putin.
I do not consider myself to be sympathetic to Putin, but in the case of Ukraine, I can understand his position. As Americans, how would we react if Canada or Mexico strengthened ties with Russia? Would we like to have not only Russian influences in countries that border the US, but also stand by while Russia installs military equipment/bases/ect.? I am thinking not. I can see how the expansion of Nato could force the hand of Putin to do something.

On the subject of Nato, many countries in the alliance do not pay their fair share, so the burden of cost typically land on the US. Well, actually the US taxpayer as the government only has money that they have taken from us. With Nato countries not paying their 2% of GDP and Americans picking up the tab, it could be rationalized that Nato is nothing but an organization to expand the west. I am not certain how right or wrong it is, but the bottom line is that is why I can see Putin being nervous and needing to do something to stop the Nato "aggression".

While I do not support Putin, I can see his rationale.

Open dialogue with North Korea, China, and Russia is a must. There is only one candidate that is open to these diplomatic communications to find common ground, and force Nato countries to pony up their fair share. The other candidate wants to continue growing and funding Nato.

If national security is is on the ballot, there is really one choice.

The following 6 users liked this post by 36Tango:
ICDEDPPL (Today), offshore2 (Today), sutphen 30 (Today), TomZ (Today), Twin O/B Sonic (Today), Wally (Today)
Old Today, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Jay,

You didn't answer my first question?????
To prove my second point.............
Where is the Red Cross ?
Where is FEMA ?
Where is the President ?
Where is the Vice President ?
Where is the National Guard ?
Where is the media ?
The following 3 users liked this post by Overkill1973:
offshore2 (Today), TomZ (Today), Twin O/B Sonic (Today)
Old Today, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 189 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I do not consider myself to be sympathetic to Putin, but in the case of Ukraine, I can understand his position. As Americans, how would we react if Canada or Mexico strengthened ties with Russia? Would we like to have not only Russian influences in countries that border the US, but also stand by while Russia installs military equipment/bases/ect.?
There were no plans to install military equipment in Ukraine before Putin invaded. Rather, it was the equivalent of the US invading Canada next month. Putin just did it, hoping that he would get away with it.
Old Today, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 1,982 Likes on 785 Posts

I heard a great suggestion for our election.

It should be held on April 16th!
The following 2 users liked this post by Twin O/B Sonic:
ICDEDPPL (Today), sutphen 30 (Today)
Old Today, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 889 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
I heard a great suggestion for our election.

It should be held on April 16th!
only people that should be allowed to vote are those who pay taxes.and on welfare,,no vote,,you need to have skin in the game.
The following 4 users liked this post by sutphen 30:
Craney (Today), PROP STAR (Today), scarabman (Today), Twin O/B Sonic (Today)
Old Today, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 889 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Overkill1973
Jay,

You didn't answer my first question?????
To prove my second point.............
Where is the Red Cross ?
Where is FEMA ?
Where is the President ?
Where is the Vice President ?
Where is the National Guard ?
Where is the media ?
well,red cross is down in central america and mexico helping illegals.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (Today)
Old Today, 08:09 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,144 Likes on 573 Posts

Its kinda sad that the two VP nominees are more presidential than the two candidates we have now ....I actually enjoyed watching that debate...kinda gives me hope that there can actually be compromise between the two sides if people just sit down and talk!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following users liked this post:
TomZ (Today)
Old Today, 08:14 AM
BEACH PARTY
Platinum Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
The former prime minister of Australia on Trump and Putin: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/aYxu4YakCf0
That Trump looks up to Putin and is very weak when it comes to Putin is no surprise for me.
But what surprised me is he said that in particular the right wing of the Republican party is very sympathetic to Vladimir Putin.
I did not know that there is such an affection for Putin in the US, so I now better understand if Trump wants to help Putin take over a part of Ukraine, that it is not only Trumps idea, he actual has some support in the US population for this.

Old Today, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I do not consider myself to be sympathetic to Putin, but in the case of Ukraine, I can understand his position. As Americans, how would we react if Canada or Mexico strengthened ties with Russia? Would we like to have not only Russian influences in countries that border the US, but also stand by while Russia installs military equipment/bases/ect.? I am thinking not. I can see how the expansion of Nato could force the hand of Putin to do something.

On the subject of Nato, many countries in the alliance do not pay their fair share, so the burden of cost typically land on the US. Well, actually the US taxpayer as the government only has money that they have taken from us. With Nato countries not paying their 2% of GDP and Americans picking up the tab, it could be rationalized that Nato is nothing but an organization to expand the west. I am not certain how right or wrong it is, but the bottom line is that is why I can see Putin being nervous and needing to do something to stop the Nato "aggression".

While I do not support Putin, I can see his rationale.

Open dialogue with North Korea, China, and Russia is a must. There is only one candidate that is open to these diplomatic communications to find common ground, and force Nato countries to pony up their fair share. The other candidate wants to continue growing and funding Nato.

If national security is is on the ballot, there is really one choice.

Which nations are not spending 2% on defence?

Eight Nato members are not estimated to reach the target in 2024. They are Croatia (1.81%), Portugal (1.55%), Italy (1.49%) Canada (1.37%), Belgium (1.30%), Luxembourg (1.29%), Slovenia (1.29%) and Spain (1.28%).However, all of the above-listed countries apart from Croatia are spending more on defence than last year, bringing them closer to the target. There has been a gradual increase in defence spending from Nato members across the board. In 2023, 11 nations reached the Nato guideline, up from seven in 2022.In 2023, Poland was the alliance's biggest spender as a share of GDP, contributing 3.90%, spending even more as a share of GDP than the United States (3.49%) in second and Greece (3.01%) the next closest.
This year, Poland has retained its place as the biggest spender, contributing 4.12%.
The US, on the other hand, is spending less this year than the previous year, contributing 3.38%, which is putting it behind Estonia, which is estimated to spend 3.43%.

Nato is a defence aliance, and they worked together after the 9/11 attack on the US.

But Nato has no intention of attacking Russia, and Putin knows that very well.

But Ukraine elected a government that was more oriented towards the west, and that did not suit Putin. He prefer leaders that looks up to Putin and that he can control, Belarus is a good example. Putin would really like the old Soviet Union countries to be part of Russia.
Some of the Russian troops initially went towards Kyiv trying to overturn the government, but that failed, and those Russian troops had to withdraw.
So now Putin is trying to capture as much land as possible from the east and south of Ukraine.

Russia has no right to invade Ukraine whatsoever, Ukraine is an independent country that can elect the government they like.

My point is that Trump should never have started talking about he can make a deal in 24 hours with Russia, that puts Ukraine in a bad position from the start, it is plain stupidity from Trump. Any talks about this should be behind closed doors, initially with the allies and Ukraine, to make a plan of how to move forward,

But I agree a dialogue is needed with North Korea, China, and Russia etc, but Trump is not good at that unfortunately.
Trump was not able to make a nuclear deal with North Korea as an example, he is not this superhuman that he would like everybody to believe, and world leaders can see straight through him.

Trump is not a complete fool, and he has done some good things, including military aid to Poland and also to Ukraine, and that helped Ukraine a lot during the initial stages of the war,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.