Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread. >

The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread.

Notices

The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread.

Old 10-11-2024, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 722 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Wally (10-11-2024)
Old 10-11-2024, 07:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 151 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Dave,

And you conveniently left out the part where any of that was a directive to enact the events of Jan6th. Words have meanings. And we don't get to twist them to our needs. But, for the record, we have video examples of political figures on both sides of the aisle using these same phrases, either in paraphrase of verbatim. Just. Stop.

Thanks. Brad.
You visualize yourself as some kind of thought leader as you twist words and conveniently omit important facts.
Serious condition, you should seek professional help.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-11-2024, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 927 Likes on 467 Posts

^^^^^ you should follow your own regurgitated advise.
Old 10-11-2024, 07:20 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,168 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I can see your point but Dopey Donald valued Maralago for 739mm, Palm Beach County values it for appraisal at 49mm, taxes it based on 36mm. Why the big discrepancy? BECAUSE ITS DEED RESTRICTED HISTORICAL PROPERTY. Slight glitch there, no you can't modify it with town council approval, you can't knock it down and build new even though that could be a better use of the land. Remember he bought it for 6mm as a deteriorating mansion from the gilded age and couldn't afford to fix it/maintain it so he made it a club, genius idea AND it has made money over the years. The catch was in order to get the club approved he gave up future development rights. So that agreement limits what the property can be used for and crushes the future valuations as well. So to overstate it's value by 15 times the county value seems a little more than just slight over valuation.

Also consider his personal penthouse in NYC. He lied about the square footage! It is 11K sq ft yet he said it was 30,000? That's a pretty "huuuuugggge" lie which would triple the value of the property based on NYC sq footage rates. Hey if he said it was 13,000 because he counted the balconies and normally you don't then that could be argued but tripling it is fraud which is why he was found guilty. This is something that is absolutely verifiable by the building permits, the city property appraiser. In FL its literally public info that anyone can access with a few keystrokes. The bank believed his lie and gave him the loan based on his 30,000 ft condo that didn't exist.

If a guy lies about sex scandals and real estate deals...........What else is he lying about? He is a salesman that says whatever he needs to in order to get the deal done and has always tried to dodge the repercussions later. This time it didn't work out for him.
Who cares if he lies about the value or size of his property! I can tell you what ever i want about my property too....the PROBLEM is when it gets appraised....The last time I refi'd my house, the bank asked me a few questions like the size of the property, location, and what i think its worth....the problem comes when the appraiser showed up and measured every room to get total sq footage and then did comps on the local property selling....in the end the banks make the call on the value....NOT ME! And DJT saying its worth $xxxx amount of money don't mean $h!t in the end. If the bank is stupid enough to take his word over doing their due diligence then the person running the loan dept should be fired and black listed in the industry! So its a very silly argument to make against him.....can you call him out for lying about the value if he's doing it in public like on TV or in a conversation, sure...but to bring charges against him for over inflating the value of something when he has NO DIRECT power to influence the outcome is just plain stupid!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 10-11-2024 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
TomZ (10-11-2024)
Old 10-11-2024, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 629 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I can see your point but Dopey Donald valued Maralago for 739mm, Palm Beach County values it for appraisal at 40mm, taxes it based on 36mm. Why the big discrepancy?
The big discrepancy is due to tax assessments having little to do with actual market value. Also keep in mind the everybody (including you and I) had an opportunity to buy it when he did. The difference is that he had the vision and the resources to make it happen. On the open market today, it might bring $750M, who really knows. The bottom line is that he can state whatever he wants, but any bank or underwriter that has a vested interest in the value of the property and is willing to use it to collateralize a loan, it is thier professional and legal responsibility to take the time for due diligence to determine a current market value.

I guess when it comes to this issue, I look at it this way. He was able to buy a distressed property and add value to it by contributing time, vision, and resources. In fact this is how he has come by much of his wealth. Most politicians are able to pad thier net worth through insider stock trades and "selling" access to them selves. Which is more shameful? Which do we see as a real success? Can you outline some successes by either Harris or Walz that does not have anything to do with tax dollars? Can you outline some successes where either Harris or Walz has signed the front side of payroll checks? Can you share the success of Harris when she was running in the primary in 2020? Besides being a black woman, why would the DNC have chosen her over any of the candidates that did much, much better in the 2020 primaries?

Just about anybody that has "fought" in the private sector to build what he has probably has some skeletons in the closet. He has several, no doubt. Did his dad give him seed money> Absolutely! That said, many, many second or third generations have pi$$ed away everything handed to them, but he built on it. He built on it working his a$$ off in the private sector and has never relied on a government paycheck.

Now, if we are to really look at Trumps valuation of properties, lets take a look at the Biden and Clinton finances to see where their wealth was accumulated. Harris and Walz are riding the same bus.
The following 4 users liked this post by 36Tango:
Hoodoo 2.0 (10-11-2024), Pete B (10-11-2024), scarabman (10-11-2024), TomZ (10-11-2024)
Old 10-11-2024, 07:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
You visualize yourself as some kind of thought leader as you twist words and conveniently omit important facts.
Serious condition, you should seek professional help.
Jay,

Except I don't and I don't. Facts are just facts. I can't help that they don't align with or satiate your entrenched, tribalistic dependencies.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 10-11-2024, 09:13 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,168 Likes on 586 Posts

Why doesnt it show facebook links???

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-11-2024, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 1,091 Likes on 412 Posts

Dem J6.

Old 10-11-2024, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Dave,

You clearly don't know what it is. As I said, we are literally watching it being implemented today. Methodically and deliberately. Educate yourself.

Thanks. Brad.
Brad.
Clearly you believe in conspiracy's and are easily manipulated. Tell me the smartest in the room where you heard about the Cloward Piven strategy? And my next question is what you believe it tells you?

Thanks, Dave
Old 10-11-2024, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Wally;4911224]Who cares if he lies about the value or size of his property!

I care laws were broken and both you and i would pay if something went sideways. Lets all do what trump does we will all be rich. You walk a slippery slope my friend with your simple views on basic law an order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.