Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread. >

The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread.

Notices

The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread.

Old 10-11-2024, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

No, I don't like Trump...but I don't have to like him. He and I would never be friends. But you can bet I'm voting for him. This country is literally falling apart. The presidential election is not about who we like more...it's who will do the best job. PERIOD.

Someone recently asked me why I like Trump. My answer was that I don't really have to like Trump.
This election is not about choosing the most likeable person.
We are voting between two vastly different ideologies. We are voting for the country we want to leave our children and grandchildren.
Trump represents that future and has proven that he can deliver. He is a patriot to the core and even served his country for 4 years without pay.
That moment when someone says,
"I can't believe you're voting for Trump". I simply reply, “I'm NOT voting for Trump.”
I'm voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech. I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored.
I’m voting for secure borders and LEGAL immigration. I am voting for election integrity to include mandatory voter ID. (Why would anyone vote against this?)
I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.
I'm voting for the police to be respected once again.
I am voting for law & order and an end to allowing protesters to trespass and burn our cities, destroying innocent small business. (Tim Walz)
I am voting for personal responsibility and the end of the revolving door where criminals are being put back on the street. (Kamala Harris)
I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.
I'm voting for the Electoral College and for the Republic in which we live.
I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I’m voting for keeping our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over the world - to China, Mexico and other foreign countries.
I am voting for doing away with all of the freebies given to all of the illegals and not looking after the needs of the American citizens and homeless veterans.
I'm voting for the military & the veterans who fought for this country
I'm voting to keep men out of women's sports.
I’m voting for peace progress in the Middle East.
I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.
I'm voting for Freedom of Religion.
I am voting for the return of teaching math, history, and science instead of the indoctrination of our children.
I'm not just voting for one person.
I'm voting for the future of my Country.
I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms
America is the greatest country in the world, hense why everyone wants to immigrate here. So why do you want to change it?
Why do politicians want to enact policies that have failed in other countries throughout history?
I'm not voting for Trump.
I'm voting for America.
The following 13 users liked this post by waybomb:
anger mgmt (10-11-2024), Brad Christy (10-12-2024), Craney (10-11-2024), Hoodoo 2.0 (10-11-2024), HuskerPerformance (10-11-2024), jbraun2828 (10-12-2024), Jupiter Sunsation (10-11-2024), liberator221 (10-11-2024), RSCHAP1 (10-12-2024), sutphen 30 (10-11-2024), TomZ (10-11-2024), underpsi68 (10-11-2024), Wally (10-14-2024)
Old 10-11-2024, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 629 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Sure thing smaaart dood.
You have perfected the "I'm rubber, you're glue" debating style. Congratulations!

From tweeter:
Take a second to digest the week Trump just had:
• Trump stole more than $2 billion dollars from the government
• He sharted himself in the middle of a public speech
• Trump was secretly helping Putin in 2020, leaving him subject to blackmail
• He called Putin more than a half dozen times while he was in possession of half a dozen boxes of classified documents
• Elon is rigging Twitter to help Trump while spending hundreds of millions on his campaign
• The Trump administration killed the investigation into a Supreme Court Justice that saved him from a criminal trial
• Trump lied about red states not receiving disaster aid while Republicans are accusing Biden of controlling hurricanes
What the polls are saying: Harris-51%/Trump-49% chance of winning
We live in the twilight zone
Let's just assume for the sake of argument that every thought that you cut and pasted from somebody else is 100% true. There is absolutely nothing there, or frankly in many of your posts, that detail how the Harris Walz administration would tackle our biggest challenges, the economy/inflation, national security/border, taxes. Please enlighten us with your vast knowledge base on exact details on how they intend to "fix" things. Please tell us exactly why you support them.

By the way, it's tough to shart in public if your party keeps you in hiding you because you have zero substance, zero ideas, and can hardly put a sentence together.

The following users liked this post:
TomZ (10-11-2024)
Old 10-11-2024, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 514 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Sure thing smaaart dood.
You have perfected the "I'm rubber, you're glue" debating style. Congratulations!

From tweeter:
Take a second to digest the week Trump just had:

• Trump stole more than $2 billion dollars from the government

• He sharted himself in the middle of a public speech

• Trump was secretly helping Putin in 2020, leaving him subject to blackmail

• He called Putin more than a half dozen times while he was in possession of half a dozen boxes of classified documents

• Elon is rigging Twitter to help Trump while spending hundreds of millions on his campaign

• The Trump administration killed the investigation into a Supreme Court Justice that saved him from a criminal trial

• Trump lied about red states not receiving disaster aid while Republicans are accusing Biden of controlling hurricanes

What the polls are saying: Harris-51%/Trump-49% chance of winning

We live in the twilight zone
So!!
Old 10-11-2024, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,023 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by waybomb
No, I don't like Trump...but I don't have to like him. He and I would never be friends. But you can bet I'm voting for him. This country is literally falling apart. The presidential election is not about who we like more...it's who will do the best job. PERIOD.

Someone recently asked me why I like Trump. My answer was that I don't really have to like Trump.
This election is not about choosing the most likeable person.
We are voting between two vastly different ideologies. We are voting for the country we want to leave our children and grandchildren.
Trump represents that future and has proven that he can deliver. He is a patriot to the core and even served his country for 4 years without pay.
That moment when someone says,
"I can't believe you're voting for Trump". I simply reply, “I'm NOT voting for Trump.”
I'm voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech. I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored.
I’m voting for secure borders and LEGAL immigration. I am voting for election integrity to include mandatory voter ID. (Why would anyone vote against this?)
I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.
I'm voting for the police to be respected once again.
I am voting for law & order and an end to allowing protesters to trespass and burn our cities, destroying innocent small business. (Tim Walz)
I am voting for personal responsibility and the end of the revolving door where criminals are being put back on the street. (Kamala Harris)
I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.
I'm voting for the Electoral College and for the Republic in which we live.
I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I’m voting for keeping our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over the world - to China, Mexico and other foreign countries.
I am voting for doing away with all of the freebies given to all of the illegals and not looking after the needs of the American citizens and homeless veterans.
I'm voting for the military & the veterans who fought for this country
I'm voting to keep men out of women's sports.
I’m voting for peace progress in the Middle East.
I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.
I'm voting for Freedom of Religion.
I am voting for the return of teaching math, history, and science instead of the indoctrination of our children.
I'm not just voting for one person.
I'm voting for the future of my Country.
I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms
America is the greatest country in the world, hense why everyone wants to immigrate here. So why do you want to change it?
Why do politicians want to enact policies that have failed in other countries throughout history?
I'm not voting for Trump.
I'm voting for America.
Pretty damn good post................
Old 10-11-2024, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
Who cares if he lies about the value or size of his property! I can tell you what ever i want about my property too....the PROBLEM is when it gets appraised....The last time I refi'd my house, the bank asked me a few questions like the size of the property, location, and what i think its worth....the problem comes when the appraiser showed up and measured every room to get total sq footage and then did comps on the local property selling....in the end the banks make the call on the value....NOT ME! And DJT saying its worth $xxxx amount of money don't mean $h!t in the end. If the bank is stupid enough to take his word over doing their due diligence then the person running the loan dept should be fired and black listed in the industry! So its a very silly argument to make against him.....can you call him out for lying about the value if he's doing it in public like on TV or in a conversation, sure...but to bring charges against him for over inflating the value of something when he has NO DIRECT power to influence the outcome is just plain stupid!

So Dumb Dumb lies about the size of the property, bank accepts the lie and bases the valuation on the wrong number so now its the banks fault?

Why not simply tell the truth? Oh, that's because he CAN'T when a lie pumps up his ego bigger than his 30,000 sq ft condo!
Old 10-11-2024, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
The big discrepancy is due to tax assessments having little to do with actual market value. .

Incorrect: In Florida the tax assessment usually runs about 85% of what you paid. So if you buy a 1mm house, expect the tax bill to be based on 850K. IF the property is not homesteaded they can bump the tax bill annually to match market value. Maralago is not homesteaded.
In the case of a new sale after being held for years, yes the asking price can be significantly higher but certainly not 15X higher!
Old 10-11-2024, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,091 Likes on 412 Posts

For Jay & Co.
Directed by Jimmy Kimmel’s writer Jacob Reed.

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; 10-12-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-11-2024, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 629 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Incorrect: In Florida the tax assessment usually runs about 85% of what you paid. So if you buy a 1mm house, expect the tax bill to be based on 850K. IF the property is not homesteaded they can bump the tax bill annually to match market value. Maralago is not homesteaded.
In the case of a new sale after being held for years, yes the asking price can be significantly higher but certainly not 15X higher!
Maralago has a special historical designation that was put into place well before Trump purchased it. In fact, the low tax rate increases the value of the property as the taxes will be perpetually low! I would say that he played it very well. I kind of wish that I could find a deal like that!

Jupiter, instead of just trashing Trump, can you please enlighten us with the details on how Kamala is going to deal with the economy/inflation and national security/migrant crisis. I call it migrant crisis as they have found a loophole that brings them in through other landports. She/Biden are an absolute disgrace, as is your supporting them just because of your hatred towards Trump.
The following 2 users liked this post by 36Tango:
HuskerPerformance (10-11-2024), sutphen 30 (10-11-2024)
Old 10-11-2024, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
So Dumb Dumb lies about the size of the property, bank accepts the lie and bases the valuation on the wrong number so now its the banks fault?

Why not simply tell the truth? Oh, that's because he CAN'T when a lie pumps up his ego bigger than his 30,000 sq ft condo!
If you bank with said bank, you are a frickin idiot. And that bank's charter should be pulled.
No bank takes a customer's valuation as gospel. Everything is appraised.
BTW - that's exactly what his bank did.

The following 3 users liked this post by waybomb:
Brad Christy (10-12-2024), HuskerPerformance (10-11-2024), Wally (10-14-2024)
Old 10-11-2024, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Maralago has a special historical designation that was put into place well before Trump purchased it. In fact, the low tax rate increases the value of the property as the taxes will be perpetually low! I would say that he played it very well. I kind of wish that I could find a deal like that!

Jupiter, instead of just trashing Trump, can you please enlighten us with the details on how Kamala is going to deal with the economy/inflation and national security/migrant crisis. I call it migrant crisis as they have found a loophole that brings them in through other landports. She/Biden are an absolute disgrace, as is your supporting them just because of your hatred towards Trump.
Nobody can show anything of how Kamala etal will do anything about the real issues. They haven't a clue.Because if they had a clue, we would not be where we are now.
The following 3 users liked this post by waybomb:
Brad Christy (10-12-2024), HuskerPerformance (10-11-2024), RSCHAP1 (10-12-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.