Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread. >

The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread.

Notices

The NOTHING stated here is going to CHANGE ANYONE'S VOTE thread.

Old 10-20-2024, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Open Your Eyes Bro

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The political jabs are fine, the personal attacks are childish.

Gavin Newsome hates all things Trump because Trump Jr is banging his ex-wife

16 days and this whole thread will be moot!
You think so? I think not. It will continue right through inauguration no matter which way it goes.
The following users liked this post:
Overkill1973 (10-21-2024)
Old 10-21-2024, 12:03 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 2,030 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by VelocityDave
You sent me a private email and i responded. When your page was sold they made me come up with a new screen name. Do as you please it makes sense when you cannot take the heat. I was here when Steve owned the page. I would expect nothing less of conservatives not wanting to debate the truth.
Why would I initiate sending a private email to you to inquire about your screen name??? When did this happen?? Because I have no idea what you are talking about.

BTW, I was here when Jeffrery started OSO and when Steve bought it and then later sold it. Internet Brands purchased OSO from Steve in JANUARY 2008!!!! You as PowerPlayDave were actively posting on OSO until JULY 2019, so the 2 events are totally unrelated. There is nothing wrong with the PowerplayDave screen name or the account that would prevent it from being used. Now, if you lost/forgot your password and also don't have access to your registered email address to do a password reset, then that becomes slightly more difficult, but still can be remedied, and I would have assisted in making that happen.

I would expect nothing less from a liberal than to have little to no recollection about when and what really happened and to distort the truth to accomdate his own agenda.
The following 9 users liked this post by Griff:
Brad Christy (10-21-2024), Hoodoo 2.0 (10-21-2024), IGetWet (10-21-2024), outta control (10-21-2024), PigNaPoke (10-21-2024), sutphen 30 (10-21-2024), Sydwayz (10-21-2024), tommymonza (10-21-2024), TomZ (10-21-2024)
Old 10-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HuskerPerformance
You think so? I think not. It will continue right through inauguration no matter which way it goes.
It will 100% continue
Old 10-21-2024, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1,154 Likes on 432 Posts

The TDS will continue until Trump is dead and gone. Count on that. Probably even beyond.

What else does the left have? Just listen to them here on these posts, you don’t hear positive things about the left except occasionally from Jaybird and he’s running on fumes.

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; 10-21-2024 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2024, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,436 Likes on 483 Posts

True statement, there will be riots from the left if he wins, there will be riots from the rest if he loses and there are election irregularities like in 2020.. if the democrats try to do what Jaime raskin says on Jan 6th of 2025, i would expect a civil war.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 10-21-2024 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-21-2024, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=xlint89;4912052]Dave, you keep saying truth. Where are you getting it from? You commented that Fox news was biased. Are we to assume that CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. are not? Didn't George Soros recently bid to purchase around 200 radio stations which was fast tracked to be completed before the election?

Fox was sued and admitted they are for entertainment purpose only, truth. And no i don't swallow the hook on what i hear. I can read into bias, not that hard of a skill. Soros is not the boogieman he is a businessman. He will babble about anything to increase his wealth. There is still truth in America but it takes a little digging around. The simpletons that favor trump think complex problems have simple answers. That is a problem in America.

Old 10-21-2024, 01:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I know a bunch of elevator guys (both installation and service) and hold them in high regard. Congrats on working your a$$ off and meeting your goals. Sound like you maybe had a rough start but got it together and thrived. Only in the USA!!!

When you look at taxes, any additional tax on the ultra wealthy will hit the middle class harder than the "rich", as the "rich" have the ability to add those costs in whatever product or service they provide, essentially adding to inflation. In no way am I saying everybody should not pay, but piling on them will add to inflation. By the way, it seems like "rich" is always defined as somebody that makes more money than whoever is defining rich.

Being rich is not a crime not paying your fair share should be. There tax base is lower then mine yet that make millions more then me. They have write off expenes and the tax code which favor high income, How many write offs do you have to come up with what you owe in taxes?

Although it is not a defined "tax", I look at high fuel prices hitting the middle harder than any additional tax n the rich will save them. Say that you fill your gas tank of 20 gallons once a week. At $3.25 a gallon is is about $65. At $1.87 a gallon, it comes to $38, or $27 less. $27 may not seem like allot to you or I, but I know firsthand that it does affect the majority of the middle. Add into that the inflation that our economic policies have driven the past few years and it is real trouble. My point is that instead of concentrating on the corporations or the "rich", lets concentrate the things that really drives prosperity for the middle, lower prices and little inflation. Unfortunately, people buy into these sound bites of taxes because it just feels right (once again those emotions get in the way of good decision making).

Your cherry picking gas prices during trumps term they were as high of almost 3 dollar a gallon

A better way to go about it may be to look at our spending. Would if we could quit spending as much money on things like all of the wars that we are involved in, supporting all of the illegals, and trying to spend our way into the "New Green Deal". Along with that, would if we became more aggressive in drilling and fracking to produce more energy (lower gas prices). Would if we used that oil to sell to the world and use the proceeds to lower the deficit and go to work on the debt? Would if we forced NATO countries to pay thier fair share? Lastly, would if we kept corporate taxes the same, but actually lowered taxes for the middle? It sure seems like it make more sense than just "raising taxes on the rich". I am really sorry that your feelings have been hurt, BUT, these are the facts.

NATO tries to have everyone live in a civil world. Does it work ? i would say sometimes. American spends the most for military might. Should they pay more or less to NATO. I would say with might power goes mighty responsibility.

Reminds me of a story. I was at a gathering and a University student was telling a group about how we need to "tax the rich". I made a mental note. Later that evening, in a group where I know that she could hear, I asked the group if they had heard about the University of Iowa was going to institute a policy of "Grade Averaging", which means that the entire class would get to the end of the term as usual, getting graded on each assignment or test, but at the end, all of the grades would be averaged and everybody would receive the exact same same grade. Those that were driven and did the work would share, at thier expense, thier good grades in order to help those less driven or decided to make other choices with thier time (like hanging out at the bars having fun). She literally jumped up and said that is BS, why should I give up my good grades to them? I said "welcome to the republican party". I realize that those on the bottom end have all kinds of reasons other than not working hard. Many have been dealt a tough hand and I cannot imagine the hurdles that we have. That said, with the right fiscal policy could help those that want help. By the way, I stole that story but just twisted the details to make it hit home with her.

It is clear that for just about every reason, other than feelings, Trump is the right answer when compared to Harris.
Being rich is not a crime not paying your fair share should be. There tax base is lower then mine yet that make millions more then me. They have write off expenses and the tax code which favor high income, How many write offs do you have to come up with what you owe in taxes?

Your cherry picking gas prices during trumps term were as high of almost 3 dollars a gallon

NATO tries to have everyone live in a civil world. Does it work ? i would say sometimes. American spends the most for military might. Should they pay more or less to NATO. I would say with mighty power goes mighty responsibility.

Last edited by VelocityDave; 10-21-2024 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2024, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
well,,just look at Baltimore,Detroit,Chicago,,fine examples of libtard politics
Go look in the south if you want to see poverty. And guess what they are mostly red states.
Old 10-21-2024, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
Jay’s shtick is mindless and tiresome. How do you engage the ignore feature?
Don't look at the thread duhh.
Old 10-21-2024, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waybomb
I would like to know as well. I can't find that function.
Hoodo and SB and waybomb should have a pretty pink play day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.