Pros & Cons of Conventional Wax vs Ceramic for Boats >

Pros & Cons of Conventional Wax vs Ceramic for Boats

Notices

Pros & Cons of Conventional Wax vs Ceramic for Boats

Old 07-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails

ceramic coat your boat and use the dawn dish soap and you are still A ok with not really any harm done. Still don’t recommend that soap. Lol
What products do you recommend for washing boats, and what products do you recommend for washing dishes?
Old 07-22-2024, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
PrecisionDetails,

Care to elaborate...?

Thanks. Brad.
They need to decontaminated and be topped with SIO2 spray products, every so many months.

This will keep the coating better, stronger and longer.
Old 07-22-2024, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Markus
What products do you recommend for washing boats, and what products do you recommend for washing dishes?
I’m not sure if I should take the dish soap part seriously or not.

but for boats most soaps designed to be auto wash soaps are normally good. Some soaps are neutral PH and others may be on the high or low side of the PH chart.
Old 07-22-2024, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did my 39 nortech in full XPEL Marine Protection Film with XPEL ceramic coating on top of the film. Also had pretty much every surface on this interior ceramic coated including the upholstery, best of both worlds. Makes those end of weekend cleanups so much easier and the ceramic on the seats helps with the various suntan lotion stains, had a lovely lady drop some red wine on my white upholstery, noticed it the next morning and it wiped right off with water and a rag. Quad 450r boat running in the 90's. marine protection film to the chine and zero issues, I LOVE IT.

company that did it is in New Jersey, their IG is marine.protection.solutions with some cool videos

Note - ceramics are awesome, just make sure you are using the right one. A lot of people are using automotive ones which aren't formulated to last in marine environments and also do not adhere to gelcoat very well/at all so they dont last. If you have a painted boat it will last a little longer, but still not fully formulated for marine. My installer, Marine Protection Solutions, used XPEL Marine Ceramic which is good for paint and gel. Very happy with the results
Old 07-22-2024, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 4,805 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Dan,

So, you didn't buff or clay bar?

Thanks. Brad.
Nope.
Old 07-23-2024, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
I’m not sure if I should take the dish soap part seriously or not.

but for boats most soaps designed to be auto wash soaps are normally good. Some soaps are neutral PH and others may be on the high or low side of the PH chart.
Thanks! Car wash detergents are easy to come by. I have picked up some fancy boat cleaning products at poker runs, but the au pairs usually take them for cleaning the house.

As for washing dishes, I buy the private label products at Lidl.