Notices

Here we go again.

Old 09-29-2024, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,306 Likes on 636 Posts

I have 2 friends that lost everything from the hurricane. 1 in South Pasadena and the other in Treasure Island. Water was up 6-8' on the walls.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rookie:
F-2 Speedy (09-29-2024), Plowtownmissile (10-02-2024)
Old 09-29-2024, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 985 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Parents got 3’ in the house, st Pete beach. Weren’t allowed to go out there until Saturday late afternoon. Flooding was Thursday night. Kind of a late start to get the house cleaned out and dried out.

Contents uninsured to manage premium and our experience with a total loss on a house in a tornado was that insurance barely pays on contents anyways.
Buddy of mine has an older block house on the water in St Pete he totally remodeled 5 years ago. He got 3 feet also. I think he is seriously thinking of taking the full amount it was insured for and selling it as is or an empty lot. He would sold it last year as they bought a vacation home up in northern Georgia and actually prefer to live up there.

Insurance coverage will be either insanely expensive or non existent.

Waterfront living will be for the wealthy that can afford to build on concrete pilings 12 feet above sea level and don’t need it insured.

Bonita beach has no beach anymore the water at high tide is mere feet from the parking in the county parks now.

Last edited by tommymonza; 09-29-2024 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-29-2024, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Buddy of mine has an older block house on the water in St Pete he totally remodeled 5 years ago. He got 3 feet also. I think he is seriously thinking of taking the full amount it was insured for and selling it as is or an empty lot. He would sold it last year as they bought a vacation home up in northern Georgia and actually prefer to live up there.

Insurance coverage will be either insanely expensive or non existent.

Waterfront living will be for the wealthy that can afford to build on concrete pilings 12 feet above sea level and don’t need it insured.

Bonita beach has no beach anymore the water at high tide is mere feet from the parking in the county parks now.
PM me the address and what he wants for it.
Old 09-29-2024, 09:43 PM
Registered

PM me the address and what he wants for it.
little early for that , he is still a little in shock but I’ll keep you posted
The following users liked this post:
hogie roll (09-29-2024)
Old 09-29-2024, 09:46 PM
Registered

Parents got 3’ in the house, st Pete beach. Weren’t allowed to go out there until Saturday late afternoon. Flooding was Thursday night. Kind of a late start to get the house cleaned out and dried out.

Contents uninsured to manage premium and our experience with a total loss on a house in a tornado was that insurance barely pays on contents anyways.
Your parents place wood or concrete ? Single family ? Age ?
Old 09-29-2024, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,271 Likes on 1,465 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
I have 2 friends that lost everything from the hurricane. 1 in South Pasadena and the other in Treasure Island. Water was up 6-8' on the walls.
so sad, cant imagine going through this
Old 09-29-2024, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Your parents place wood or concrete ? Single family ? Age ?
Cinder block from 1960ish?
Old 09-29-2024, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
so sad, cant imagine going through this
2 years now since Ian and 80% the condos on Fort Myers beach are still uninhabitable . Lot of people displaced. Not everyone resident was a seasonal visitor. Soo many of the houses haven’t been touched.
Old 09-29-2024, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 543 Likes on 215 Posts

Figuring it was the top of the market and tired of the crappy water coming down the Caloosahatchee, we sold our South Cape Coral canal house just a few months before Ian put a few feet of water in it in 2022. For the 6 years we owned it, along with a couple of other properties, we would sweat it out every time a storm blew through (live in Iowa). Insurance was bad then, I cannot imagine it now. It will be interesting what happens with the real estate market along the coast. I will stick with owning a home at LOTO and "rent and run" in Florida.
Old 09-29-2024, 11:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Figuring it was the top of the market and tired of the crappy water coming down the Caloosahatchee, we sold our South Cape Coral canal house just a few months before Ian put a few feet of water in it in 2022. For the 6 years we owned it, along with a couple of other properties, we would sweat it out every time a storm blew through (live in Iowa). Insurance was bad then, I cannot imagine it now. It will be interesting what happens with the real estate market along the coast. I will stick with owning a home at LOTO and "rent and run" in Florida.
Cape Corals flooding during Ian was crazy with water all the way out to Chiquita Blvd.

I feel pretty safe on our second story condo a couple miles from the beach 🏝️ n Naples but there is always the possibility of a direct hit that would take the roof off . My boat is being sold or moved out of the hurricane zones before next spring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.