Notices

Uh Ohhhhhhhhhh

Old 12-10-2002, 08:09 AM
Offshore Addiction

aluminum splined hub mounted in rubber,when you pull your engine loose take one mt off at a time from the block,sandblast or glass bead the threads,break'em loose in case your alingnment needs adjustment.......set the coupler in and change the gimbal and align it......making sure to lube the new coupler splines and the drive slines on reassembly...

Old 12-10-2002, 06:52 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alpha?? Heavy?? Not really!! Try yanking a Bravo off by yourself a few times!!! I can do it alone, but REALLY prefer a second set of hands to do it.

At least you have the gimbal bearing covered. Sorry about the misinformation....I was under the impression they had to come out from the inside....not the outer side of the housing. Good to know!!!!

As for the top nuts on your mounts, you might just give it the ole undereducated try.....lube em up with some antisieze and see what happens. Taking the stringer bolts out would be the last thing I would want to do.....much harder to align when putting it back in. The mounts aren't that expensive either......might consider just getting new ones.

Mike
Old 12-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That doesn't sound like any fun at all!!