Bush "Slams" manatee protection plan!!!

Notices

Bush "Slams" manatee protection plan!!!

Old 12-13-2002, 10:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

posted by Baja Daze
coupled with the fact that their natural migratory habits are completely corrupted by warm weter discharge
I remember reading some place, I'm sure it came from the $MC, that we (humans) are not allowed to alter the miragtory habits of the manatee.
Funny thing is, that's exactly what has happened. And there's a state law that says all discharge water from the power companies must be 68* all year round. No wonder they never leave.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go Bush Nice to see someones thinking for a change.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

And that's precisely the problem, Iggy....The hipocracy is never ending.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:05 AM
Jeff

Hey Nick,
How about the no wake zone thing in the Hillsboro river on Bay News 9 this morning. They had to throw in the words Manatee protection zone also. What next, those guys have been rowing on that river for 25 years, now they need a no-wake. I love it when people near my house where we have a channel to get out of my canal that turns and goes right past my moms dock(open bay) try to put up their own no wake Manatee signs. We have lived around here 3 generations. Grandmothers house a little farther up the canal, for 55 years. anyway this jackass has yelled and screamed at everyone around here when they pass his dock.( never seen anyone racing past but we are not going to get off plane for this prick nor anyone else)it's open bay. His dock was a piece of **** anyway and doesn't even own a boat.. So about 3 weeks ago my brother and I and friends went by in parents 45 Sea Ray Express. My bro was driving and in a rare mood, we went past at WFO and it was throwing up a very nice 5 footer. It was a real high tide, the whole fnnn dock lifted up and went up in his yard. We about pissed our pants. On the way home we found his no-wake sign floating at the mouth of my canal. I love trophies have it in my shop.

Old 12-13-2002, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Too funny, Jeff! LOL! I'm sure that guy was just fuming mad!
I see the same thing around here, too. They come out shaking their fists, but alas jackass, you bought the house on the open water.

I've heard about the hillsborough river, too. That's a damn shame they're restricting and zoning that.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the spot on the news. I bet if you poled everyone with there own no wake signs, none of them would be from here. Whats next, idle only in your car at night when the deer and possum are out roaming around?