Notices

Key West Races

Old 12-28-2002, 05:47 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the name of the production company that is responsible of the cameras , footage and editing??
Old 12-28-2002, 06:03 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is exactly why the OPA/Jersey Boyz is running a "P Class" format. Regardless of what you have you will be placed in a class according to your speed bracket. The "P Class" is what works for Offshore Racing. I am not saying that "P" is the only answer as there should be SuperCat and Factory classes.
I too have enjoyed the coverage this year, until the Worlds. It was a let down because I am a Factory class fan (and a P class fan). It is the closest type of racing that the average performance boater can relate to.
Super Vee and Super Vee Light Twin is so close that they could race against each other. These are two classes that could be combined, no problem.
Outlaw A, gone. Run them in "P-3".
This is only a start but it is the bantering between guys like you and me that hopefully gets recognized.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up It's a tough sport!

Put A boats in P-3? That will not work , we lap those guys pretty quick. Overall the APBA format is working - sure it needs some tuning but our sport has come a long way . The Factory Classes have been getting alot of TV this year and the P - guys very little. I like Martin Sanborn's question today " Where is Mr. Hollis going" well Martin a little wide to slam the door on the Sutphen in the next turn - haha - Silly Season Rock On! BH
Old 12-28-2002, 08:23 PM
Registered

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think round 3 will be on next Saturday. Which was Sundays race. factory boats and Super cats.
That was when typhoon won and high energy had their mishap.

Also the race when Hidden Adjenda rolled. Should make for some interesting footage.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:12 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Hollis, I did like that move on Sutphen and it was good to see some older boats running in P3.
Did I see that single engine 30' Superboat in front of you guys before they smoked their engine? Hmmm? Just goes to show that unlike boats can run in the same class. Same thing with Dr. Santiago running a Bat Boat in P4 against some conventional V-Bottoms.
Did he even run that Reindl in "One Design"?
I'd like to see one of them Joker boats running next year in Factory. Are they up to the task of the Long Island builders?
Sorry Brian, I couldn't resist.

Bruce, I hope there is a 3rd round. The sport deserves it.

Adios from a serious fan
Old 12-28-2002, 11:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default love the silly season!

RLW:

The Dirty Cash guy's ran hard for sure , great guys. We beat those guy's 3 times this year. PowerBoatTours.com 3 Dirty Cash 0. Nice throttling from the couch - haha Had to throw my jab in there. Look for a new 2003- 28 Joker next year to run APBA and some NE Races. BH

Last edited by THEJOKER; 12-29-2002 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:56 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,648 Likes on 4,058 Posts

doc santiago's boat has the 377 scorpian engine/ bravo set up thats why he runs p-4 vice one design which has the volvo set up. i wasnt able to see the show or the race live, but from past shows it is hard with only one or two cameras dedicated to filming, that and unless a few boats are running very close it doesnt make for good tv.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:59 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Thanks for the feedback on Zero Cavity.
In regards to the video footage, Gerardi does a good job.
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, it is hard to show everything that is going on in a race and behind the scenes. The production is good, just need more air time on TV.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

"throttling from the couch" That makes a good point.
with regards to P classes...its nice to see a P-3 Single engine boat 8 feet smaller can still compete with the bigger guys in milder seas. what were the conditions like when you beat them the other times?
I dont think that I'de jump to P-3 with a 28 Pantera even though I could find the power, but its comforting to think that I may be able to keep up with a 38 Scarab in P-4 in moderate seas.

Brian...sorry we never got in touch. December was mad around here.

Who will be runnin the Joker? did you sell that boat?
I will be staying with the Pantera this year ans possibly next year.

I have to wait for the economy in NYC to turn around and catch up with the receivables.

Who knows, maybe the next step will be SVL single?????

We will see

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 12-29-2002 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

RLW,hopefully this year the "P" classes will get a little MORE coverage on TV,afterall we do put on some good,close action when we can keep the equiptment togeather.

Quick Reply: Key West Races

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.