Best Cell phone Service??? >

Best Cell phone Service???

Notices

Best Cell phone Service???

Old 01-15-2003, 08:22 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I have read it seems that you guys that don't have to travel a lot have it made going with the largest local carrier with the best price. I travel a lot and used to use Verison and a couple of the other big ones Like the original question I could no longer afford the crazy bills that I was getting from my Long distance and roaming. I tried Sprint for a couple years but there coverage was horrible I think they had one tower in Michigan
I now use Nextel and for me it's been the best coverage for the price. I am a high end user and made a deal with free L.D. free Two-Way and free incoming with 1000 anytime minutes a month for 59.95. Here is the problem My bill is now coming in at 300+ a month because of my higher usage I will be switching over to the 149.00 a month plan that covers everything (no surprises and I can talk without thinking about my minutes or a crazy phone bill.

O.k. back to your question I travel All of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Michigan. It is very rare that I don't have signal if I am on a major highway I always have signal. When I go on vacation like Key West I have had no problems. I believe there service offers the best options and cost for the traveler and the guy that has a use for two-way they have been saying for the last two years it will go Nationwide and still waiting.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:22 AM
JGB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Audiofn
You guys that say Sprint sucks may want to give them another look. They have been adding towers like no tomarrow. I very rarely have problems using my phone and more often then not my phone works were others do not. This includes Verison, Cingular, and others. When I had Cingular my phone bills were running around 1400 a month!!! AT&T would be about the same as best I could tell. My sprint bills have been running 120 bucks or so a month!!!! NOT BAD, with that kind of a savings I can deal with a dropped call every now and again. I often times travel with people with AT&T and others and to be honest when one is good the other may be bad, but my sprint seems to hang in there better then any of them. The best thing you can do is buy a GOOD phone. I had some problems with Sprint when I first started, but once I went to the Sanyo 5150 phone I have nothing but GOOD things to say about my Sprint. Hope all this BS helps but I love my Sprint and over the last 2 years it has gotten a LOT better.

Jon
i agree jon, i am happy with sprint's service in florida. didn't get bahamas though but i do get signals when other phones don't. You can also always fight for lower rates with customer service, you just need to show them you'll leave unless you get a better deal.

james
Old 01-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

I work with a guy that uses Sprint I am always letting him use my phone because he has no signal! especially inside buildings. Remember I'm not slamming here I'm just giving actual comparisons in the areas I mentioned above I am sure that in other areas my phone would be just as bad.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

LOL O.K. now I have egg on my face I just picked up my phone to make a call and the flip ud piece just broke off at the hinges!!!!!
whatever plan you choose pay the couple bucks a month for the service plan.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:45 AM
Banned

Arrow Nextel!

Hi Chris,
Tres and I have Nextel, we love the Walkie Talkie part of it, it is a cheap way to communicate amoung us and friends. It is also very convenient at the shop for fast communication between everyone. It is very convenient that way!! As far as customer service for Nextel, I find them to be somewhat rude at times!!!

JM94
Old 01-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 16,030 Likes on 4,190 Posts

chris i dont think anyone makes a phone that floats though LOL
Old 01-15-2003, 12:37 PM
Registered

Gotta busted phone? Don't buy a new one,I can fix most of them even if you drop em in water for under 30.00 bucks. give me a call ESP WIRELESS 231-777-1052, ask for Buck and tell them your a OSO member, and no I'm not soliciting. Just saving you some bucks

Last edited by aero-offshore; 01-15-2003 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
My parents have Verizon nationwide and I talk to them all over the country with it and havent had any problem.
Nextel majorly sucks both 2way and cell (at least in central OH)
A nextel rep told me three years ago that there were going to be hundreds of new towers going up in my area over the next year and that service would improve dramatically, this was three yrs. ago and the service is still as bad today as the day that they told me that

Its funny ,a Nextel rep called me this summer and asked me to take a survey of there overall service.
Needless to say they got one heckuva arse rippin

I would go with Verizon or ATT.

Oh yeah! I forgot about Nextel's customer service (what a joke)

Must agree on Nextel in Central Ohio, horrible service.
I think all cellular companies are about the same(in the words of Joe Pecci, Lethal Weapon 4)
Old 01-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

aero-offshore, that is great to hear, I have drowned three Nextel I 700s, and broke the hinge on an I 60 the day I bought it just by opening it. Nextel told me on all 4 occurances that the phone had to be replaced by a new one
Good thing for insurance
I can't belive that they can not fix some of this stuff
Old 01-15-2003, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy Cow I need some Popcorn and a six pack for this one

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 01-15-2003 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Best Cell phone Service???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.