Notices

Saratoga Springs NY

Old 01-15-2003, 09:37 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Evil, Sand Island sounds familiar. Some of my relatives, by marriage, : Tom Frost (Architect), Carol Tarantino(Relator), Jim Tarantino multiple property owner been there since the 30's. Chris Bernardine, brother in law, with the Happy Hours boat. I'll take you up on the offer. E-mail me a # so I can reach you when I'm in town.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:07 PM
toonatime

Saratoga taxes..ny taxes yes yes..sales7% $150.000 house was $300 a month years ago..

Old 01-16-2003, 12:35 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BRIAN... I used to LIVE at Jumpin jacks in the summer!... Loved that place. Then again being on the ski team kinda MADE me be there all the time also!... I also got into a little bit of trouble with the law there, I had a camaro at the time and we hung out at the dunkin donuts right there on 5 on the weekend nights to set up races and all go to the albany K mart for the "big crowd".. I liked growing up there in some ways... but LOVE it down here in FLA now.

Ahhh the memories!
Old 01-16-2003, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Mn fastboat,
I'm originally from Clifton Park in Saratoga County. This is a beautiful area but taxes are steep. In addition to looking at property taxes, many communities in upstate have "school taxes" which are above and beyond your property tax. Also see what you get for your taxes, many communities dont even have garbage pick up. This is almost like another tax, plus you have to haul your own trash.
When I moved out of Clifton Park, 1981, they didnt have a police department-I once had to wait 3 hours for a Police officer to show up for an accident.
One more thing: Get a GOOD snow blower!
Good Luck.
Bob G.