Notices

Baja boats

Old 01-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good information Doc, I was going to guess mid 70's.

Like you said a lot of boat for the $$
Old 01-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

please do not take this as anything neg. towards anybodies baja in particular. i had a 1989 226 sport, later called a 240 es, and it was the biggest piece of %$it i have ever owned.

many things that were very poorly designed and even built worse. this boat was pampered from the day i bought it new until i sold it 9 years later.

baja did as little as possible so fix anything on it and when they did it was so half-assed i would redo their fix.

some of the things wrong were incredible, such as the piece of plastic conduit i found to be taking up the slack in the stripped out lag bolt holding the motor to the stringer.

theres much more but even now i get so pissed about it and the way baja handled it ( try chasing baja prez. through a crowded boat show complaint list in hand, boy he was faster than O J in a airport)
Old 01-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

What is a Baja Targa? Anyone ever heard of that boat?
Old 01-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally posted by boatlesscowgirl
What is a Baja Targa? Anyone ever heard of that boat?

I believe your thinking of BAHA boats not Baja. They made a Targa

Last edited by Playn; 01-20-2003 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:40 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Your right. I thought the add was mis spelled. So what is the word on a Baha Targa?
Old 01-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Registered

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/boatrevie..._260_targa.htm
Old 01-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Good GAWD Von Bongo! I feel like I need a shower after reading that. ICK! Maybe even a shot of some sort. YUCK! Thanks for the link though, I have ear marked that site as I look for a boat. As for the add for the Baha Targa....ah yea...it goes in the trash!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Registered

I'm on my second. Current boat is a 29 but looks and feels bigger. A leading competitor makes a 29 that's equally priced except you only get one engine vs. two and when put side by side with the 29 I have, it's almost unfair. I can see 78mph on gps with stock, production power.
Attached Thumbnails Baja boats-port_side.jpg  
Old 01-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Big E

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
One More
Hey Mark - Have you thought about adding some red spun alluminum cup holders? I put some purple ones in mine, what a difference from the stock plastic white ones not too expensive either. I got the ones from Rex Marine, they have a neoprene insert that goes in the bottom of the cup. My cup holders were pretty scummy and somewhat yellowed that is why I replaced them. I put them in the cabin too. Eric

Old 01-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Big E
Hey Mark - Have you thought about adding some red spun alluminum cup holders? I put some purple ones in mine, what a difference from the stock plastic white ones not too expensive either. I got the ones from Rex Marine, they have a neoprene insert that goes in the bottom of the cup. My cup holders were pretty scummy and somewhat yellowed that is why I replaced them. I put them in the cabin too. Eric
Eric,

The wife spent more on the boat for Christmas than on me. She bought all blue cup holders for the cockpit area, five total. They match the blue gauge mounts we have on the dash now for the water pressure gauges. She bought polished ones for the cuddy, black billet fire extinguisher mount with chrome extinguisher for the cuddy and a black billet vent to replace the plastic one on the steps as you enter.

You are right, they make a big difference and add a nice touch.

Quick Reply: Baja boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.