Notices

SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Old 11-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Do you have the same disdain for cigarette companies? I know quite a few people that smoked pot, they're doing fine. I have a number of family members who smokED cigarettes, they're dead, it wasn't pretty either.
I'll say YES just so the thread doesnt get off topic.

Very good point though.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:09 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

I read " the boys" as a term of endearment which is BS.
You read wrong......

It was simply a shortening of the name the media gave them....

"Cocaine Cowboys"......

Last edited by T2x; 11-13-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So if someone wants your boat cheap and gets someone to steal it from you, you'll just be upset with the guy that wanted it and not the guy that takes it from your marina ?

Same thing.
I don't keep my boat at the marina. It will be tough to steal it from there because its not there. Either way, if someone wants it bad enough and my boat is in Demand then, it will be stolen. By that same token, if there is no Demand for my boat then, there will be no reason to steal it. Whoever decides to do such a thing should know the consequences and be able to suffer them. If no one wants drugs or boats then, the demand will fall.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered

I can't control someones desire to steal or use drugs. I can only control my own. In that sense, people should try to control themselves, not try to control others.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

That would make for a totally free Lawless society (Anarchy) . Free to do drugs, free to kill, steal ect. That really won't work in the USA. Current Laws (though flawed) are far better. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 11-14-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look...these people, and many of them are still doing business with YOU today, but some got away and out of the biz. But then some got greedy and kept going, some got killed and some got jail. Ya'll would be shocked to learn who is who!

Ever see Scarface? It is more real than some of you can imagine. Some of these people had a choice - be a dishwasher or help supply the people with a demand.

It happens, it probably did help some of the innovation in offshore with the cash, but i am not saying it is right - it was just a different time...18 year olds driving $150k Porsches with more gold jewelry and hot girls than you can imagine.

But NOBODY seemed to have a problem with them back then, even though everyone knew who was who and doing what.

It's still going on, same game, different players!

A LITTLE MORE INFO
Miami's last cocaine cowboy rode into the sunset last week. Salvador Magluta, considered one of Miami's most notorious narcotics dealers, was prosecuted in federal court for having witnesses murdered and for laundering millions of dollars in drug proceeds. A federal judge then punished Magluta with a 205-year sentence. Magluta, 48, will live in prison till the day he dies. But Magluta was never convicted of the homicides for which he was sentenced. A jury of his peers found Magluta not guilty of the murders, and guilty only of the nonviolent money-laundering charges -- crimes that carry a maximum sentence of 20 years.
http://sdfla.blogspot.com/2006/11/sa...sentenced.html

Last edited by mccaffertee; 11-14-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
That would make for a totally free Lawless society (Anarchy) . Free to do drugs, free to kill, steal ect. That really won't work in the USA. Current Laws (though flawed) are far better. Just my opinion.
Certainly laws are needed and the "boys" should have followed them. As should the "users" and the supply chain in between. There is no argument here that recreational drugs of any kind(excess alcohol, nicotine, prescription, home blended or "imported") create great damage, and I have little tolerance for addictive personalities and abusers.

My point goes back to the sanctimonious, self righteous, piety on this thread for which I have equal disdain.

I think Al Pacino said it best in his surprizingly realistic depiction of the old days as "Scarface". He was speaking to more than just the actors in that restaurant scene when he shouted (and I am paraphrasing): "Take a good look, you never see my kind again! I da bad guy....what dat make you.....good?"

IMHO all of the sermonizing on this thread doesn't make anybody "good" either.

T2x
Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Certainly laws are needed and the "boys" should have followed them. As should the "users" and the supply chain in between. There is no argument here that recreational drugs of any kind(excess alcohol, nicotine, prescription, home blended or "imported") create great damage, and I have little tolerance for addictive personalities and abusers.

My point goes back to the sanctimonious, self righteous, piety on this thread for which I have equal disdain.

I think Al Pacino said it best in his surprizingly realistic depiction of the old days as "Scarface". He was speaking to more than just the actors in that restaurant scene when he shouted (and I am paraphrasing): "Take a good look, you never see my kind again! I da bad guy....what dat make you.....good?"

IMHO all of the sermonizing on this thread doesn't make anybody "good" either.

T2x
I think this is the single comment that most on here are reacting to.

Oh yeah...one more thing...they really were a lot of fun to be around.....and could flat out drive race boats like nobody's business.

The thread was about them, not the sermonizers.

No one cares about whether the people that commented on your post are " good ".

That wasnt the point.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

I think this is the single comment that most on here are reacting to.

Oh yeah...one more thing...they really were a lot of fun to be around.....and could flat out drive race boats like nobody's business.

The thread was about them, not the sermonizers.

No one cares about whether the people that commented on your post are " good ".

That wasnt the point.
Agree 100%.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True Free The Boys.

Last edited by deepimpact36; 11-15-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Quick Reply: SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.