Holy Chit!!!! It's COLD!...

Notices

Holy Chit!!!! It's COLD!...

Old 01-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

yeah, it was -3 here last night.
The water temp on the lake is 36 at 3 feet depth (bottom of the thru hull transducer).

Woke up kind of cooler than usual - felt the heat/ac vents at the house and lukewarm air coming out.

Checked the gas furnace and the flame wont stay lit for more than 25 seconds then off for 20... High efficiency furnace - draft motor - pvc flue venting. When the flame is "on" it looks and sounds perfect. Opened up the bottom of the return air duct box to make sure adequate airflow was getting thru unit to rule out anything there - no change.

House is "fine" - around 70 degrees, and the temps look to be climbing back upwards after today, but wondering what the issue may be.

There is a "draft" indicator that measures the vacuum the draft motor is pulling. There is an overheat sensor near the draft motor that cuts the flame if the combustion air is "too hot" when it reaches the draft motor (like inadequate thruflow of household air would cause). There is a backflash switch to kill the flame if the flame pops back out of the burner. Not sure where to look...

Ideas?
Old 01-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wardy, do you live right on the Gulf. Boating report on Bay News 9 said 7-9' yesterday.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Gator - Yeah i'm on the Gulf but Three Rookers Bar is kind of a break water for me. But, yes, it was rough. About 2's on the inside and I could see big water breaking at Rookers. Flat today but cold as hell. Wardey
Old 01-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

28' degrees here, now, Orlando
Old 01-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Wild Horses

YOU BUNCH OF FRIGGIN BABIES.

On Tuesday it was -25C here in Barrie (just north of Toronto)

That is -13F for you imperial folks. Going sledding this weekend. The old storm is leaned out and should be running really good tomorrow.

Let's see -13F at 60mph is about -55F NOW THAT IS COLD.

Old 01-24-2003, 08:52 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 32 in S. Florida

Mighty cold here as well. It got down to 32 here last night, and it'll do the same tonight. We did warm up to about 50 by now (9:45).
I'm not so worried about my cold fingers.. it's my cold 502 Mags..
They're not winterized, or drained...
It only gets below freezing for about two hours at night..
I really don't think I'll have any trouble. But, I just moved here, and am accostomed to living up north where our boats are always winterized...
Anyone have any feedback???
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tim G.
These are extraordinary conditions. Our weather reporter said that this was the coldest low in like 12 years. It's not too often we need to worry about winterizing. Down by where you live, it's even less of a concern than here.

At 2 hours a night, you will be fine.

Wild,
Yes we are!

We had about 6 hours below freezing.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:05 AM
Registered

There goes our snook population that has been growing steadily the last several years.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Default Hey McCollinstn

Try this site out:

http://hvac-talk.com/

Very good site for HVAC-related questions. Someone on there can probably help you find the problem.

Looks like you guys down south of us were actually a little colder than it was up here in Louisville. Official temp didn't go below zero here, but it was colder at my house in the "boonies". Must be the extra snow that you have on the ground.

Good luck and stay warm.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:59 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I thought I lived in FLORIDA!

WTF is going on??????????

MC, my gas furnace is doing the exact same thing!.. It will light, burn for roughly a minute blow the warm are then turn off. 2-3 minutes later it does the same thing again... over and over... ITs tickin me off...

Quick Reply: Holy Chit!!!! It's COLD!...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.